Search This thread

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
Exodus-Header.png

Exodus-Screenshot1.png
Exodus-Screenshot2.png

Exodus-About.png

Team Exodus and our ROM are an open-source project coded by professional level developers with additional support from the community, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new improvements and original coding with the highest standards.

Exodus-Installation.png

• Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
  • Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Wipe (Full wipe if coming from another Rom)**
  • Flash the Rom
  • Flash the Gapps**
  • Reboot to System
  • Setup and Reboot System
These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

Exodus-Sources.png

EXODUS - official: http://www.exodus-developers.net/exodus-5.1/
GApps: Any 5.1.x GApps of your choice

Rom source: https://github.com/TeamExodus
Gerrit: http://exodus-developers.net:8000

Exodus-Community.png

For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

http://www.exodus-developers.net/

Crowdin project:
Help us with translating to support your native language!

Exodus-Credits.png

Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Team. Please
see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

Eoxdus-Donations.png

If you would like to thank us for our hard work or help support server costs you can do so here:
MartinRo (Server hosting)
Primedirective (Team Leader / Main developer)

Exodus-Hindenburg1.png
Exodus-Hindenburg2.png

Some videos created by savadam (all credits to him):

XDA:DevDB Information
TeamExodus, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
phoenixita, Martin_Ro, PrimeDirective
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-06-15
Last Updated 2015-06-26

ahvdesign

Mar 11, 2014
Clean, minimalistic, smooth, and incredibly small size. I love it! I found a single issue so far and I'm not sure if it is me or the ROM yet. Can't seem to get my recent apps to pop up when I hold the home button down. Besides that, this one is perfect for me.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Clean, minimalistic, smooth, and incredibly small size. I love it! I found a single issue so far and I'm not sure if it is me or the ROM yet. Can't seem to get my recent apps to pop up when I hold the home button down. Besides that, this one is perfect for me.

Couldn't find the edit button for posts. Figured out the issue. Just had to change the option for the home button and change the long press to what I wanted. Good to go! Awesome ROM!!!!

DBruce80

Dec 28, 2013
Running smooth as butter! Thank you for this ROM! I've mostly given up on other ROMs for my SPH-L720 because of various bugs that stopped me from enjoying my phone. I've been using CM ROMs, most recently CM12.1, for a long time for it's stability but didn't like the lack of customizability. This ROM is fantastic! Running with stock kernal and no mods. Going to try a different kernal, probably Alucard, Xposed, and maybe a script package and I'll post how they work. Only problem, Play Store won't work as it says it needs background data to be enabled, which it already is. This may be a user problem, but it's not a huge problem. If any fix is known, let me know. Otherwise, I love it!

Reactions: jleadbeater

NIFTYTAT411

Aug 14, 2014
When I flashed this, half my music went into the unknown artist place, is their a fix or way to get it back to the way it was before?

kpakpo89

Jan 19, 2012
Evansville
I keep getting a download failed. Amy mirrors out there?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

Okay I got it. It was my internet connection. Really liking this rom. Its so smooth! I changed the DPI to 360 and everything looks awesome except for the big a$$ keyboard lol.

ahvdesign

Mar 11, 2014
After a couple of days of use I have a pretty severe battery drainage issue. My phone is in my pocket about 80% of the day. It gets maybe an hour of actual use but before my work day is over (maybe 10-11 hours unplugged) it dies. Battery stats when there was 15% battery remaining show 12% use by phone and 2% by screen with maybe 5% total use by other miscellaneous apps over this time (I don't even make calls really so I have no idea why phone drains it so much). Those numbers aren't really adding up at all. This is the only ROM I have had this issue with. Any ideas? Everything else works fantastically, I'd hate to switch out at this point.

Reactions: RedRover88

liquidrea1ity

Sep 25, 2014
Anyone wondering whether or not to flash this, spare yourself the internal monologue, do yourself a favor, and flash this. Fantastic, and exactly what I was looking for

Reactions: jleadbeater

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
Just flashed ....running smooth! Thank you so much for your work, awesome ROM!!!

RedRover88

Dec 28, 2014
Genesis to the Exodus - post for future reference

Planning on flashing once the dust settles and more people confirm presence of bugs or not. Main concern is battery life vs OD2, hotspot, and GP Movies (another ROM, GPE 5.0.1, broke this app handling copy rights).

EDIT: I clean flashed 6/20/15 and so far no overt bugs. Google Play Movies finally works! ROM has hotspot but I haven't tested. FreedomPop APN fix had to be flashed and now I have service (at least 3G so far). Peel remote required new settings, not import. Recommend for those using GPE Google Play Edition ROM or Stock OD2. Seems fast and stable. Air View, screen splitting, and the Video app's PIP features are the only stock features miss. GPS works quickly with flash from stock GPS lock. Have not tested Bluetooth yet.

Edit 2: Bluetooth works great for me. I use two Bluetooth connections daily in my car. Google Camera app is crashing continuously at least with front facing pictures. Only fix is to restart the phone. Such a bummer go find bugs. This is why I went back to stock last time, might do the same again. Battery life seems slightly better than stock, but some days I disagree with myself. Still getting through the work day as with OD2.

Edit 3: Bluetooth sometimes doesn't work and I have to restart the phone. It will become nonresponsive and turn off. Even if you tap the slider to turn it back on, the ROM reverts to acting as if the phone has no Bluetooth. Waiting for a more stable Exodus to upgrade.

Edit 4: ROM in-app upgraded to 6-28-15. No cellular service even after flashing FreedomPop APN Fix. Wifi works. Camera still crashes with front facing and HDR mode. Restoring to 2-20 backup.

Edit 5: After testing 6-20 for 9 days, I decided to restore stock OD2. My service is so much better on stock. I think Exodus was preferentially choosing LTE and ignoring 3G coverage. My area is too spotty for that. I can get 3G at home with stock and nothing on Exodus. On a long frequented drive with Exodus, I would get LTE for a minute or two then nothing, rarely would 3G turn on. The phone had an incredibly difficult time connecting. This has not been as pervasive with Stock. I also was having trouble with the Google Camera crashing (front facing and HDR) and much trouble with Bluetooth. I enjoyed the ROM and hope to return with a Snapshot Build or M release. Thanks to the developers!

Edit 6: Enjoy the ride fokes - I flashed back to Exodus, this time with 6-30-15 a clean flash. I figured out my coverage issue which will affect FreedomPop-ers. Now I have 3G again! Coverage should be much better. Camera is still wigging out with HDR, but I took one successful front picture with no crash.

Here's how I got 3G back for FreedomPop on Android 5.1:

Manual add a New APN with the following settings:

Name: FreedomPop
APN: n.f6.ispsn
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
APN type: default
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Then set Preferred network to Global (from LTE Recommended)

I think that is the solution, however I first flashed the APN fix on the first page, then performed the dialer code on page 2 (to change APN settings to global).

Last edited:
Reactions: trendicoff

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
Rom seems to be running great for me. No bugs so far that I can see. Been running it about 4 days now. Great battery life for lollipop. Good customization that isn't so overwhelming.

Only thing that I could find that might be a bug, is I can't use the navigation rings without having the navigation bar at the bottom.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cybrstudd

Oct 14, 2010
So far so good. The first day my battery life was horrible, but the last couple days have been great. I went ahead and updated to the 6-20 build just now, so we'll see how it goes. I did have bluetooth flake out on me the other day, and after a reboot, it worked fine again. Not sure what happened there. Everything runs super fast and smooth. Loving this ROM!

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
Only real issue I have found is that Bluetooth will randomly turn off after being connected with a device and then won't turn back on.
I'm on 6/20 build

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
Just flashed 6/22 haven't tried Bluetooth yet. Maybe it wasn't even addressed, I haven't checked github. Seen the new build figured what the hell. Awesome ROM though!

Quick addition. Maybe it's a known issue but HDR isn't working I'm using Google camera.

Last edited:

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
The latest build has no cellular service..... Going back to 6/23 build

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
Any confirmation? Does the camera crash (forward) in 6/23?

The camera works but HDR does not work. i forgot to mention that i did check the APN settings in the 6/25 build. there were no presets and when trying to add sprint settings manually they would not save.. so i flashed back on 6/23 and APN's are back. hope this helps some people.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exodus-Header.png

Exodus-Screenshot1.png
    Exodus-Screenshot2.png

Exodus-About.png

Team Exodus and our ROM are an open-source project coded by professional level developers with additional support from the community, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new improvements and original coding with the highest standards.

Exodus-Installation.png

• Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
    • Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe (Full wipe if coming from another Rom)**
    • Flash the Rom
    • Flash the Gapps**
    • Reboot to System
    • Setup and Reboot System
    These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

Exodus-Sources.png

EXODUS - official: http://www.exodus-developers.net/exodus-5.1/
    GApps: Any 5.1.x GApps of your choice

Rom source: https://github.com/TeamExodus
    Gerrit: http://exodus-developers.net:8000

Exodus-Community.png

For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

http://www.exodus-developers.net/

Crowdin project:
    Help us with translating to support your native language!

Exodus-Credits.png

Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Team. Please
    see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

Eoxdus-Donations.png

If you would like to thank us for our hard work or help support server costs you can do so here:
    MartinRo (Server hosting)
    Primedirective (Team Leader / Main developer)

Exodus-Hindenburg1.png
    Exodus-Hindenburg2.png

Some videos created by savadam (all credits to him):

XDA:DevDB Information
    TeamExodus, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    phoenixita, Martin_Ro, PrimeDirective
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-06-15
    Last Updated 2015-06-26
    Review of Build 7/20
    -Overall: pending.
    -Connections: Wi-Fi working. 3G&4G working (FP APN)
    -Bluetooth: pending
    -Camera: HDR still crashes in Google Camera. Front and Back work.
    -Videos: pending
    Running smooth as butter! Thank you for this ROM! I've mostly given up on other ROMs for my SPH-L720 because of various bugs that stopped me from enjoying my phone. I've been using CM ROMs, most recently CM12.1, for a long time for it's stability but didn't like the lack of customizability. This ROM is fantastic! Running with stock kernal and no mods. Going to try a different kernal, probably Alucard, Xposed, and maybe a script package and I'll post how they work. Only problem, Play Store won't work as it says it needs background data to be enabled, which it already is. This may be a user problem, but it's not a huge problem. If any fix is known, let me know. Otherwise, I love it!
    After a couple of days of use I have a pretty severe battery drainage issue. My phone is in my pocket about 80% of the day. It gets maybe an hour of actual use but before my work day is over (maybe 10-11 hours unplugged) it dies. Battery stats when there was 15% battery remaining show 12% use by phone and 2% by screen with maybe 5% total use by other miscellaneous apps over this time (I don't even make calls really so I have no idea why phone drains it so much). Those numbers aren't really adding up at all. This is the only ROM I have had this issue with. Any ideas? Everything else works fantastically, I'd hate to switch out at this point.
    just loaded the latest, all working fine but no bluetooth. dont use it much but was trying to test a square card BT reader and it saw it for a second then BT turned off. Battery life seems great .