This project is based upon the sources provided by the Omnirom Team, TeamCanjica and OliverG96, and has been gradually enhanced with additional fixes and features in a collaborative effort.
Latest 5.1.1 release: omni-5.1.1-20161003-golden
- Enable native encryption support (fixed data partition size)
- Allow seperate password for device encryption*
Keep a simple lock screen PIN, but define a seperate stronger password for device encryption.
- Defend against lockscreen PIN brute forcing*
Restart device upon five times wrong PIN entry to force encryption password entry
- Native Apps2SD support
- Applied July and August security patches (Patchlevel: 2016-08-05)
*Backported to 5.1.1 from CopperheadOS
- Merged upstream AOSP 5.1.1_r37 code (LMY49J)
- Android Security Patch Level: 2016-08-05
- RIL: Voice calls, SMS, Mobile Data: 2G, 3G up to HSDPA
- Bluetooth (with A2DP and AVRCP support, In-Call Audio (SCO))
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi tethering ("WiFi Hotspot")
- Theming support (RRO Layers)
- Native Apps2SD support
- Virtual keys haptic feedback
- Custom button and LED button backlight settings
- Multimedia: Audio, Video, Torch LED, Images Gallery, Voice Rec
- Camera (pics), Video recording (camcorder)
- Messaging: Email, SMS/MMS
- Battery Saver Mode
- Offline charging
- CPU Deep Sleep support
ROM: DOWNLOAD [androidfilehost.com]
[Builds up to 20150712 are still accessible here]
PA GAPPS: PA GAPPS 5.x
Note: Pico or Nano package is recommended. Download the zip file, flash it via TWRP and you're done.
Rooting: SuperSU 2.46
Since OmniROM does not come rooted out-of-the-box, you can use SuperSU (by Chainfire) to do that if needed.
Link to latest official stable system-included version 2.46 above. Flash it via TWRP and you're done.
Note: At least SuperSU 2.40 is required to successfully root!
Recovery: TWRP 18.104.22.168
Provided as recovery.img, needs to be flashed with Heimdall.
- Device: https://github.com/golden-guy/android_device_samsung_golden/tree/android-5.1
- Kernel: https://github.com/golden-guy/android_kernel_samsung_golden/tree/L-3.0.101
- Vendor: https://github.com/golden-guy/android_vendor_samsung_golden/tree/android-5.0
- Omnirom: https://github.com/omnirom/android/tree/android-5.1
Special thanks go to @Meticulus for his great support on the initial lollipop bring-up! :highfive:
@Unjustified Dev: Audio fixes
@OliverG96: Sources for S3 Mini device, kernel, vendor
@Rox (TeamCanjica): Omni OMX patched sources and support
@omnirom: Full OmniROM sources tree
@exothermic: Sources and support
@Android-Andi: Sources and support, also great new cherry-picks
@New Maclaw: OMX source patches
@AGONTUK: zRAM and LZ4 patches
Big THANKS to all of you (and everybody who has contributed to your branches) for your great work!
Last, but not least: Enjoy OmniROM!
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at YOUR OWN RISK. */