[ROM][5.1.1] OmniROM for GT-I8190 S3 Mini

Search This thread

CowOfWar93

Aug 13, 2017
What is the name of the rom? I mean whats the date rom u installed?

this one omni-5.1.1-20160619-golden-HOMEMADE.zip using twrp 2.8.7.3 , now im using a rom from novafusion called lineageos los13.0_golden.nova.20170328.zip, has android 6.0.1 and its stable without lag but i think that omnirom is still faster. maybe i should try another version of omnirom?

gh0stzk

Jan 7, 2015
this one omni-5.1.1-20160619-golden-HOMEMADE.zip using twrp 2.8.7.3 , now im using a rom from novafusion called lineageos los13.0_golden.nova.20170328.zip, has android 6.0.1 and its stable without lag but i think that omnirom is still faster. maybe i should try another version of omnirom?

Im using right now this exactly version, i dont have lags or random reboots, rom is perfect.

About your lineage 13. I recommend u, in the thread of the developer elit3king an user cook a version with signature spoofing and inbuilt root. Just go back few pages back to find link.

This omni is pretty perfect, im using it with out gapps, lspeed and govtuner and is perfect in battery and performance.

gh0stzk

Jan 7, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-13-18-31-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-13-18-31-19.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 643
  • Screenshot_2017-08-13-18-29-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-13-18-29-02.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 637

NowWired

May 18, 2016
Any chance for an Security-Update

Hello There,

Is there any chance, that this ROM will get a Security-Update.
(The 4.4.4 OmniROM allready got one 2 Days ago.)

An hour ago Android-Andy updated the 4.4.4 security-source with a fix for the KRACK wifi bug ...
https://github.com/omni-security/android
Since I'm not a DEV i only hope, that it would be easy to update this 5.1.1 OmniROM , too ??

I would love to update this (still) used ROM on my Phone. :D

Thank you for your answer Golden-Guy :)

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@NowWired I've stopped patching 5.1 ROMs after 2017-01-01 security patch level which means it'll consume a lot of time and IMO it is not worth. I think Lollipop is one of the bad versions each OS has from time to time, 4.4 and 6.0 are a lot better on all devices I own.

gh0stzk

Jan 7, 2015
Hello There,

Is there any chance, that this ROM will get a Security-Update.
(The 4.4.4 OmniROM allready got one 2 Days ago.)

An hour ago Android-Andy updated the 4.4.4 security-source with a fix for the KRACK wifi bug ...
https://github.com/omni-security/android
Since I'm not a DEV i only hope, that it would be easy to update this 5.1.1 OmniROM , too ??

I would love to update this (still) used ROM on my Phone. :D

Thank you for your answer Golden-Guy :)

Golden guy said he doesnt have this phone anymore.. So probably not

NowWired

May 18, 2016
Hello Golden-Guy !

Thanks for your answer :good:
And Thanks a lot for your work you are putting here at XDA into "Android freedom" :D

Unfortunatly this means to me: I have do Setup my S3 mini completely new....... :eek::crying:

Reactions: golden-guy

Grumpy Cat

Oct 23, 2015
@NowWired I've stopped patching 5.1 ROMs after 2017-01-01 security patch level which means it'll consume a lot of time and IMO it is not worth. I think Lollipop is one of the bad versions each OS has from time to time, 4.4 and 6.0 are a lot better on all devices I own.

I'm not a developer like you but so far I've had the best experience with Lollipop performance wise..

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I'm not a developer like you but so far I've had the best experience with Lollipop performance wise..
We all started as simple user ;) I am for example working far away from IT stuff and I've never learned any programming language. I am working as a medical assistant and all Android stuff I know I've learned here on XDA :)

Old Jimbo

Feb 19, 2015
Hi there! I know the development for this ROM was discontinued but I'm seeking an advice. Last week my phone's battery went dead and for a week I used the sim card into another phone. Meanwhile, I set the i8190 on airplane mode (for no reason) and used its wifi connection. Today, after I inserted back the sim card and put the new battery, the phone is unable to detect the sim card. I've tried with another sim card and it's not detected also but both the sim cards are valid and work in other phones. The i8190 hardware is intact and therefore I suspect it's a software bug. Can someone guide me how to restore the phone's signal? I love this "piece of junk" and this ROM and I don't want to throw it away or put it in garbage bin.

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Hi there! I know the development for this ROM was discontinued but I'm seeking an advice. Last week my phone's battery went dead and for a week I used the sim card into another phone. Meanwhile, I set the i8190 on airplane mode (for no reason) and used its wifi connection. Today, after I inserted back the sim card and put the new battery, the phone is unable to detect the sim card. I've tried with another sim card and it's not detected also but both the sim cards are valid and work in other phones. The i8190 hardware is intact and therefore I suspect it's a software bug. Can someone guide me how to restore the phone's signal? I love this "piece of junk" and this ROM and I don't want to throw it away or put it in garbage bin.
Airplane mode still on? ;)

Old Jimbo

Feb 19, 2015
Hello old friend! ☺ No, airplane mod is off. Meanwhile, I reverted to the saved stock ROM but sim card isn't detected also. I did a clean install of omni 5.1.1 but no luck. I am sure the hardware is intact but I can't fathom what's happening.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

omni_logo.png

OmniROM 5.1.1
    for
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)

This project is based upon the sources provided by the Omnirom Team, TeamCanjica and OliverG96, and has been gradually enhanced with additional fixes and features in a collaborative effort.

Latest 5.1.1 release: omni-5.1.1-20161003-golden

What's new:
    • Enable native encryption support (fixed data partition size)
    • Allow seperate password for device encryption*
      Keep a simple lock screen PIN, but define a seperate stronger password for device encryption.
    • Defend against lockscreen PIN brute forcing*
      Restart device upon five times wrong PIN entry to force encryption password entry
    • Native Apps2SD support
    • Applied July and August security patches (Patchlevel: 2016-08-05)

*Backported to 5.1.1 from CopperheadOS

What's in:
    • Merged upstream AOSP 5.1.1_r37 code (LMY49J)
    • Android Security Patch Level: 2016-08-05
    • RIL: Voice calls, SMS, Mobile Data: 2G, 3G up to HSDPA
    • Bluetooth (with A2DP and AVRCP support, In-Call Audio (SCO))
    • WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi tethering ("WiFi Hotspot")
    • GPS
    • Theming support (RRO Layers)
    • Native Apps2SD support
    • Virtual keys haptic feedback
    • Custom button and LED button backlight settings
    • Multimedia: Audio, Video, Torch LED, Images Gallery, Voice Rec
    • Camera (pics), Video recording (camcorder)
    • Messaging: Email, SMS/MMS
    • Battery Saver Mode
    • Offline charging
    • CPU Deep Sleep support

Downloads

ROM: DOWNLOAD [androidfilehost.com]
    [Builds up to 20150712 are still accessible here]

PA GAPPS: PA GAPPS 5.x
    Note: Pico or Nano package is recommended. Download the zip file, flash it via TWRP and you're done.

Rooting: SuperSU 2.46
    Since OmniROM does not come rooted out-of-the-box, you can use SuperSU (by Chainfire) to do that if needed.
    Link to latest official stable system-included version 2.46 above. Flash it via TWRP and you're done.
    Note: At least SuperSU 2.40 is required to successfully root!

Recovery: TWRP 2.8.7.0
    Provided as recovery.img, needs to be flashed with Heimdall.

Sources

Credits

Special thanks go to @Meticulus for his great support on the initial lollipop bring-up! :highfive:

@Unjustified Dev: Audio fixes
    @OliverG96: Sources for S3 Mini device, kernel, vendor
    @Rox (TeamCanjica): Omni OMX patched sources and support
    @omnirom: Full OmniROM sources tree
    @exothermic: Sources and support
    @Android-Andi: Sources and support, also great new cherry-picks
    @New Maclaw: OMX source patches
    @AGONTUK: zRAM and LZ4 patches

Big THANKS to all of you (and everybody who has contributed to your branches) for your great work!

Last, but not least: Enjoy OmniROM!

PS:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at YOUR OWN RISK.
     */
    New 5.1.1 build 20160208 is up!

CHANGELOG

- Fixed video recording (thanks @ChronoMonochrome!) :D

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy! :good:
    Call drop fix

@AGONTUK, @Android-Andi, @pirej, @Meticulus, @New Macław

I got the call drop fixed on Android 5.1.1: https://github.com/golden-guy/android_patchsets_samsung_golden/blob/android-5.1/frameworks/base/0003-libhwui-Set-fall-back-layer-size-for-zero-size-reque.patch

Since it plagues all our ROMs, I want to share it with you. Please share with any other affected dev I forgot to mention here.
    @Android-Andi: All 5.1.1 patches are up now :good:
    New 5.1 build 20150331 is up!

CHANGELOG

- Updated Omni code base to 5.1_r3 (LMY47I)
    - Full Silent mode is back now
    - Fixed App Ops fc
    - Fixed governor selection stickyness
    - Fixed low in-call volume

New 5.1.1 build 20150520 is up!

CHANGELOG

Updated to latest Omni 5.1.1_r2 code (LMY47X)
    Added soft key (navbar) and h/w key disabling

Added new offline charging animation style
    Set 'powersave' governor for offline charging
    Disabled screen recording key combo

PS: No, camcorder has not been fixed yet...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone