[ROM][5.1.1] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart - ALPHA

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010

OmniROM 5.1.1 coming to a xoom near you!

This ROM is for wingray.

Based on:

Download

Download GAPPS

Download SuperSU

Download Deprecated Versions

Install
  • You will need bigPart TWRP and execute the repartitioning as described in

Source

Prerequisites

Instructions
    1. Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.
    2. Put TWRP 2.8.6.0 BigPart version and your desired rom on your microsd card.
    3. Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart.
    4. Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
      • Dalvik Cache
      • System
      • Cache
      • Data
      • Internal Storage
      and wipe them. Don't reboot just yet.
    5. Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". You can now follow the steps below, starting with Flash omni-5.1.1-XXX-wingray.zip.

• If updating from older ROM version in this thread, you don't have to wipe anything
  • If updating from an different ROM, wipe
    • Dalvik Cache
    • System
    • Cache
    • Data
  • Flash omni-5.1.1-XXX-wingray.zip
  • Flash p75xx-gapps-L-5-6-15.zip
  • Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.XX.zip
  • Reboot
  • Wait a long time...
  • Copy SuperSu and Gapps zip to /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate so that they are automatically applied after OTA update. (Internal storage/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate)

Issues
  • Camera not working
  • HW Videodecoding not working
  • HDMI output not working
  • BT audio not working
  • Microphone not working

Tips'N'Tricks
Show Developer and Performance settings
  • Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
  • Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number."
  • Tap it seven (7) times, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

Reduces lagging
  • Overclock to 1.4Ghz (Performance menu)
  • Decrease Window/Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale to Animation off (Developer options menu)

Source

Thanks
dreamcwli
DJNoXD
bubor
michie
flar2
Adler12
realjumy
rchtk
bigrushdog

Special thanks to everybody who donated, You guys rock!

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I will not accept responsibility for any adverse effects to your device,
 * including, but not limited to: bricking, dead SD card, bootloops etc.
 * You mod your device at your own risk.
 */
Please Donate
If you like my ROMs please donate by pressing the "Donate to Me" button below my name on the left side. It takes a lot of my spare time developing these ROMs for the community and every penny is greatly appreciated :D.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][5.1.1] OmniROM - Wingray - bigPart, ROM for the Motorola Xoom

Contributors
Schischu
Source Code: https://github.com/Schischu

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.8.6.0 for BigPart
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2015-06-30
Last Updated 2015-10-25

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010
And uploaded.

This ROM is an alpha release, so definitely backup your old ROM before flashing.
I had to rewrite the audio library from scratch as our old one just wasn't compatible anymore with 5.1. Lots of work....
It's still not finishes so there are probably some audio issues.

For the moment the biggest bug is that video playback is not working, but I have a pretty good idea what the issue is.

Also Google Photos crashes with "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No config chosen". I am pretty sure that we also had this error on omni-4.4 and fixed that. Need to check old commits.

In total it feels pretty smooth with one exception. Somehow opening the App Drawer takes a lot of time. Need to check if the annoying animation can be deactivated.

As 5.1 uses ART instead of Dalvik the boottime after an update is pretty bad. Up to 10min depending on how many apps are installed.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
And uploaded.

This ROM is an alpha release, so definitely backup your old ROM before flashing.
I had to rewrite the audio library from scratch as our old one just wasn't compatible anymore with 5.1. Lots of work....

For the moment the biggest bug is that video playback is not working, but I have a pretty good idea what the issue is.

Also Google Photos crashes with "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No config chosen". I am pretty sure that we also had this error on omni-4.4 and fixed that. Need to check old commits.

In total it feels pretty smooth with one exception. Somehow opening the App Drawer takes a lot of time. Need to check if the annoying animation can be deactivated.

As 5.1 uses ART instead of Dalvik the boottime after an update is pretty bad. Up to 10min depending on how many apps are installed.
Awesome! Looking forward to flash. You are unbelievable![emoji12]

andPS2

Jan 15, 2011
fantastic
got an error when trying to flash the gapps though

ApplyParsedPems: lsetfilecon of /system/addon.d/50-hosts.sh to u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 failed :
Operation not supported o
set_metadata_recursoce: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip...
Error flashing zip

p.s. the error seem to be harmless
everything seems to be working including playstore
after changing the animation / transition and co like mentioned in the op i got a pink graphic
flicker -> rebooting fixed that

Last edited:

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
And uploaded.

@Schischu, you are awesome, man.

brewer75

Feb 15, 2013
Pickerington
fantastic
got an error when trying to flash the gapps though

ApplyParsedPems: lsetfilecon of /system/addon.d/50-hosts.sh to u:eek:bject_r:system_file:s0 failed :
Operation not supported o
set_metadata_recursoce: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip...
Error flashing zip

p.s. the error seem to be harmless
everything seems to be working including playstore
after changing the animation / transition and co like mentioned in the op i got a pink graphic
flicker -> rebooting fixed that
I just flashed the new build and got the same fail message, but the tablet booted fine and most items are working as expected.

andPS2

Jan 15, 2011
working ok
dolphin browser only works when jetpack is turned off

doesnt go into deep sleep mode yet at least for me
does it work for you guys?

switched launcher to nova - seems to be a little bit faster

overall thanks a lot @Schischu!

s_u_n

Nov 6, 2012
Pune
This is awesome.
Now, I just hope that camera and video works.
The tablet is used by my parents for video calling (Skype etc.) and watching YouTube videos.

If I want to upgrade from omniROM 4.4.2 (February 2014) to 5.1.1, do I not wipe anything at all?

4.4.2 is laggy (as reported by my parents) on that tablet.

Nuny0biznes

Jan 14, 2015
Great work

So glad there's still xoom love. As it's an alpha issues are expected. Just reporting that I can't seem to install any gapps package. Wiped everything first and formated data to start with a clean device before copying zip files and flashing. Keeps saying "Error executing updater binary in zip '/emmc/Download/p75xx-gapps-L-5-6-15.zip" Thanks again for the great work and I look forward to future updates.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Spoke too soon. Not sure how but I managed to get it to work.

brewer75

Feb 15, 2013
Pickerington
So glad there's still xoom love. As it's an alpha issues are expected. Just reporting that I can't seem to install any gapps package. Wiped everything first and formated data to start with a clean device before copying zip files and flashing. Keeps saying "Error executing updater binary in zip '/emmc/Download/p75xx-gapps-L-5-6-15.zip" Thanks again for the great work and I look forward to future updates.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Spoke too soon. Not sure how but I managed to get it to work.
Others have posted with the same gapps report. When this happened to me, I did another clean install and flashed the stock package from http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347. It flashed perfectly and seems to be working fine.

Reactions: SantinoInc

philnolan3d

May 14, 2011
I have a WiFi only Xoom, but I've never heard of WinGray. Is that all WiFi Xooms? I actually won this Xoom in a Twitter contest. It would be awesome if I could keep it going.