[ROM][5.1.1][Onyx]Color OS v2.1 by shumxin[March 11, 2016 Build]

prarun2030

Apr 23, 2012
Madurai
==DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for what you do to your device. This is not my work, I am just sharing what I have found on forums on the other side of the Earth. ==

Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! 
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi Guys,

Hope you guys are fine. As you guys know the development for our beloved OnePlus X is increasing day by day; thought I might share what I found in one of Opo Chinese forum with the permission of the Dev who developed this rom.

I've provided the description simple as much as possible using google translate(God Damn it!!)

ColorOS 2.1
Color is everything to us. It shapes us, molds us, and makes us who we are. ColorOS was designed to bring that same sense of excitement and warmth to the smartphone world. An OS that combines speed, efficiency and stability to bring pixels to life.​

My personal Guessing how this rom was developed:
As you might know the Oppo A30 device is a direct clone of our OnePlus X. So, it appears the Dev has used the same sources to compile the Rom for our onyx

New Build :D Check here for download link and changelogs

Features:
1. Color OS v2.1 based on Android 5.1.1(LP)
2. Stable and smooth Experience(Trust me, you'll love the smoothness ;) )
3. Support the Three-Stage Switch, Black Gesture
4. Many features, you can feel it on your own experience

Flashing Procedure:
  • If you don't know what is this, then please stay away. Rest of them can continue further.
  • Unlock Bootloader (you might think this is a lame one)
  • Flash Twrp recovery or similar
  • Download and copy rom on phone
  • Go into recovery (phone off, press power button + Volume up until some seconds from vibration, then release only power button for 2 seconds and release also volume button)
  • Do a nandroid backup (don't blame me if you mess up something at the end)
  • Do all wipes (except internal memory and ext SD, Wipe section)
  • Tap Install voice
  • Select the rom
  • Swype to flash
  • Reboot

Getting Root:
  • Couldn't get the attachments from the original post so tried flashing SUv2.52 and voila, I got root access. You can check the Screenshot for confirmation
  • If you don't have time for google, you can download SU from here or here which I used.

Bugs:
  • Everything should be working fine as I couldn't find any bug listed in the original post :D
    [*]Not really a bug, couldn't get Google service to work on this, something you might want to think if you plan to use this as your daily driver
  • Still many part of the rom is in chinese, hopefully the Dev can bring a global variant of the OS to our device.

Getting Google Play Services to work

First download this Google installer file from here. Once you install the downloaded app you'll be getting a startup like the below image:

Press the Blue Button. You will now be provided with a screen like below:

Please make sure you're connected to your wifi or mobile data. You'll now be prompted to accept the installation like given below:

Once you've accepted all the installations, you'll now be able to add your google account and you'll be having the Playstore. Once you've setup your google account you can use the play store to download all your favorite google apps ;) I guess this makes this rom a daily driver :D

Working:
  • Everything

Contributors
shumxin for bringing this rom to our beloved OnePlus X
Special thanks to eduardopfreire for linking me to the Google installer's thread from miui.
Part of the thread lines were inspired from threads started by FabioSan and CBpbxEcmecmBeH
Special thanks to Robert Lyu for providing with link from official thread and other information.

If you think this ROM bought you a new experience, you can make a small donation to shumxin. It does not matter how many donations, your support is my greatest encouragement.

Downloads
Mega
Google

The main event is in this thread, where the developer "shumxin" shares his custom built version.
Feel free to show yours to the community.

Note: Don't know why the model number shows as E1001, trust me this rom was flashed on a E1003 model so feel free to ignore the model number in the image.

Screenshots

Last edited:

saurabh40629

Sep 1, 2014
oh man!! Looks beautiful. Different than anything I have tried so far. But shouldn't it be on development section? Did you build this or someone else?
Edit: never mind, found original link to chinese oneplus forum. Thanks for letting us know

Last edited:

yuvarajd46

Jul 3, 2015
Just now I installed the ROM. Its very smooth. However there are no GAPPS pre installed on the UI
I installed GAPPS for 5.1.1 through TWRP and the installation was successful. But after rebooting the device, I found no GAPPS installed on it. weird.
Is there any solution for this?? Please let me know asap.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

where did you found the ROM. Can provide me the link?

Reactions: xSkipDev

prarun2030

Apr 23, 2012
Madurai
Just now I installed the ROM. Its very smooth. However there are no GAPPS pre installed on the UI
I installed GAPPS for 5.1.1 through TWRP and the installation was successful. But after rebooting the device, I found no GAPPS installed on it. weird.
Is there any solution for this?? Please let me know asap.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

where did you found the ROM. Can provide me the link?
I hav posted the original threads link.

Its really awesome but if the builder is able to make google play services work its will be awesome....due to google pla serices i havr to revert back but awesome rom
I'm possibly checking for a solution. Ll keep u guys updated if i find a way to get Google play services to work..