[ROM][5.1.1] ♦ OptiPop ♦ F2FS ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/25/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tachyon1986

Jan 4, 2012
Hi, I seem to be having a problem with the notification lights. I've set it to flash "RED" lights whenever a missed call occurs but it still displays the Default light (white) , Missed Call setting isn't getting applied. I then changed the Default notification light to Green and it shows green when a missed call comes , looks like the Missed Call setting isn't working or I'm doing something wrong here. Any one have any insights on this?

IzzcyFloat

Jun 1, 2015
Maybe this is a bug but after first boot the screen is much lighter then when i lock and unlock it the color goes to a darker tone (which i like). And for the chrome lagging when scrolling its the uber kernel change to codeblue kernel and it will be gone

DefTaker

Jun 20, 2009
Hi, I seem to be having a problem with the notification lights. I've set it to flash "RED" lights whenever a missed call occurs but it still displays the Default light (white) , Missed Call setting isn't getting applied. I then changed the Default notification light to Green and it shows green when a missed call comes , looks like the Missed Call setting isn't working or I'm doing something wrong here. Any one have any insights on this?

Yeah, that's always the way it's been for me too. I've always just changed the default and then added specific apps to use a custom color. It never worked right for me on PA rom either and it's a similar setup...the only one that worked was Slim...I just assumed it was my phone since no one else had this issue. It doesn't seem to be a big deal since it's a simple enough workaround solution.

SacredDeviL666

Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace -
Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤

SacredDeviL666

Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
Last edited:

dead0

Sep 6, 2011
the only difference I could see is slim pie addition and running fine so far

Last edited:

SacredDeviL666

Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
Reactions: djimno78

alvaro.bernal

Nov 22, 2013
Skype problems

Hello

Since a long time I cannot use video calls on Skype. Someone else is having this issue too? I dont think the problem is GAPPS related because I used the same ones on my Nexus 7 and with cyanogen rom Skype works fine.

Thanks in advance

nokiagye

Aug 15, 2012
thessaloniki
OK first you need clean flash for this build to have working home button and quick settings bar here some photos but the slim resents are not here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1434462027367.jpg
    1434462027367.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 1434462038120.jpg
    1434462038120.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 1434462046949.jpg
    1434462046949.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 1434462057294.jpg
    1434462057294.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • 1434462064749.jpg
    1434462064749.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 974
  • 1434462073869.jpg
    1434462073869.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 959
  • 1434462081979.jpg
    1434462081979.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 949
  • 1434462089958.jpg
    1434462089958.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 938
  • 1434462096149.jpg
    1434462096149.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 975
  • 1434462103759.jpg
    1434462103759.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 1434462110807.jpg
    1434462110807.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 988
  • 1434462117664.jpg
    1434462117664.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 906
  • 1434462124882.jpg
    1434462124882.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 914

SacredDeviL666

Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
I cant charge my battery to 100% Charging is go maximum to 67% I have a Uber kernel

and you can charge 100% if you are on a different kernel?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Cant seem to get mobile data and the apn revertion mod link is down

search? its just few posts before yours....

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61372243&postcount=4121

Last edited:
Reactions: schizmatyk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dtMLmTj.jpg

I've been making my own custom ROM builds with all of the features I like and optimizing it as much as possible so I thought I'd share with you all here on XDA.

OptiPop Features

►Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY48B
    ►AOSP sources based
    ►Dark Material or White Layers/RRO Builds
    ►Deodexed for Customizability (still user builds though for less debugging and greater battery)
    ►ROM built with UBERTC 4.9.3 (for speed and performance)
    ►Faster Animations (fling velocity, window animations, faster rotation, etc.)
    ►Opticharging to reduce apk size using pngquant which gives up to 70% compression
    ►Smoother scrolling code mod for better scrolling
    ►Advanced Reboot menu including Soft Reboot option
    ►Strict Aliasing
    ►Graphite Optimizations
    ►O3 Optimizations
    ►Built with other optimized compiler flags
    ►Art & Bionic optimizations
    ►Busybox included
    ►Disable Search Bar in Recents
    ►Quick pulldown settings
    ►Display rotate settings
    ►Power notification sound preference
    ►Status bar clock and date customizations
    ►Statusbar Brightness Control
    ►Statusbar Double-tap to Sleep
    ►Statusbar Network Traffic Options
    ►Statusbar Weather
    ►Extended power menu with configuration options
    ►Clear all button on recent apps
    ►Preference for custom clear all recents button position
    ►Volume rocker wake
    ►Volume music control
    ►Volume adjust preference
    ►Volume panel style preference
    ►Safe headset volume preference
    ►LED control settings
    ►Incall vibration
    ►Navbar DPI settings
    ►Navbar ring target customization
    ►Navbar button/layout configuration options
    ►Navbar Show arrow keys while typing
    ►Nofication drawer tile customization options
    ►Nofication drawer show brightness slider
    ►Nofication drawer option to have toggles vibrate on touch
    ►Privacy Guard
    ►Immersive Mode
    ►Quick Unlock
    ►Kill app longpress back
    ►Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    ►National data roaming
    ►Increasing ring feature
    ►Volume panel timeout and option to extend volume panel and control all volumes
    ►Dialer lookup settings
    ►Pin Keypad Shuffler
    ►Statusbar ticker
    ►Volume button longpress seeks Music track on screen off
    ►SMS Rate Limiting
    ►Blacklist Support
    ►Wakeup on Charger Enabled/Disable Option
    ►SystemUI Restart Option
    ►CM Battery Style Options
    ►Custom APNs (Updated Regularly) - If you want stock APNs flash this http://uber.oceighty.co/HAMMERHEAD/MODS/APN_to_Stock_5.1.zip
    ►GPS switched to GLONASS (Russian Alternative to GPS) which locks faster for me. If you want to revert to normal GPS behavior flash http://uber.oceighty.co/HAMMERHEAD/MODS/GPS_Revert_to_Stock_5.1.zip
    ►Speed Tweaks
    ►Added Custom Carrier Label (with color)
    ►Added Custom OTG Storage Notification
    ►Heads Up Notification Control
    ►DPI Custom Changer
    ►Dotted Circle Battery
    ►Wakelock Blocker
    ►F2FS support for all partitions but system (keep system ext4 this ROM comes with an enforcing kernel)
    ►Probably a thing or two more I'm forgetting....

Known Bugs:

► You tell me

Rom Downloads

Basketbuild Mirror #1

AFH Mirror #2

Installation Instructions:

1) Wipe Data Cache System and /sdcard/Android folder
    2) Flash ROM then Gapps
    3) Then Flash UBER KERNEL (Highly recommended)
    4) Flash your choice of Superuser (Optional - I use SuperSU found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)

Note: Always flash SuperSU last to avoid problems. If you choose to dirty flash wipe system partition then flash everything again in this order above ^^^. DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!

Gapps:

Banks Gapps

Custom recommended kernel

UBER by myself @Cl3Kener

MODS to revert APNs or GPS settings back to stock (for those having issues)

APN Reverter
    GPS Reverter

Feature requests

Feature requests will most likely be ignored but you might get lucky with some of my other team members

Comprehensive Changelog

Source Code - “Good code is its own best documentation." ~Steve McConnell

I do also realize some of you don't really care about the full source documentation and just want smaller feature lists and such so read this instead:

Code:
    [SIZE=4]
    [B][SIZE="6"]Build Changelogs[/SIZE][/B]

[B]05/25/15[/B]
    - Fixed: Rotation Tile 
    - Fixed: Switched many remaining Checkboxes to Switches (more consistent)
    - Fixed: Removed duplicate Network menu entry in More menu
    - Added: Wifi: Avoid Poor Connections
    - Added: Package Name in App Info Screen
    - Added: Middle Options to Clear All Recents
    - Added: Setting for Default Alarm Tone
    - Added: Ability to toggle extra battery stat info (Developer Menu)
    - New Material GPS Statusbar Icons (These are rounder and more material-like and 100% made by me)
    - New Toolchain Updates!

[B]05/22/15[/B]
    - Fixed Google Search App Crashes when attempting to open voice settings
    - Updated Toolchains 
    - Updated APNs

[B]05/21/15[/B]
    - Update to 5.1.1_r3 LMY48B
    - Updated Proprietary Files to 5.1.1 LMY48B 
    - Updated APNs

[B]05/20/15[/B]
    - Dotted Circle Battery Option
    - New OptiPop Logo in About Settings (Thanks to KrisTomcat)
    - DPI Changer
    - Wakelock blocker
    - Less Annoying Notification Sounds (from Slim)
    - Many new QS Tiles
    - Option to disable Navbar ring
    - Option to swap volume buttons (or to not swap them)
    - Network Traffic Indicator Color
    - Possibly some other feature I'm forgetting
    - Many other small changes bugfixes (See merged tab on Optipop gerrit http://optipop.ddns.net/#/q/status:merged)

[B]05/12/15[/B]
    - Merged android_5.1.1_r2 - Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
    - Removed AOSP Browser
    - Added Custom Carrier Label (with color)
    - Added Custom OTG Storage Notification
    - Update to sqlite 3.8.10
    - New Wallpapers (more optimized and better looking)
    - Dark build: Fixed a theming issue during setup (you'll notice that WiFi connect menu looks better)
    - Dark build: Dark Launcher theming
    - Removed many unused drawables from frameworks-res.apk (smaller ROM size by almost 5 MB)
    - Latest APNs (from CM)
    - Many other under the hood changes to various repos (please refer to source)

[B]04/24/15[/B]
    - Remove duplicate lockscreen shortcuts menu entries (Thanks @CristianChavez)
    - Updated libpng to latest aosp master branch (for latest and greatest)
    - Some minor bugfixes
    - Latest UBERTC merges from today (4/24)
    - Latest APNs (from CM)

[B]04/21/15[/B]
    - Updated to latest LMY47V (android-5.1.1_r1)
    - A few other minor under the hood tweaks for stability/speed (see source)

[B]04/13/15[/B]
    - Updated to latest LMY47O (android-5.1.0_r5)
    - Updated sqlite to 3.8.9 (latest version)
    - Latest Toolchain Updates for 4.9.3 (built today from source)
    - Misc frameworks tweaks to remove more jank from ROM
    - Vectorized navbar drawables (makes them smaller and more efficient)

[B]04/10/15[/B]
    - Fixed Camera FC after using Torch Tile (CM)
    - Fixed Keyboard FCs (reverted a bad commit)
    - APN Updates
    - Other misc improvements/bug fixes

[B]04/07/15[/B]
    - Layers build Expanded Volume Panel Fixed (freak_97)
    - New build.prop tweaks to enhance performance (https://github.com/OptiPop/vendor/commit/331203eb24ba181aeb527b22216cfb617f435558)
    - Minor bug fixes 

[B]04/04/15[/B]
    - Initial 5.1 LMY47I Release!  
    - Note: some features from 5.0.2 have not been re-added yet see above for current features
     [/SIZE]

Credits:

Code:
    [SIZE=4]
     Williamsss  chadouming (For Allowing me to build on his server)  freak97  Khaon  Despair Factor  sparksco and SaberMod Team  CyanogenMOD  SlimRoms  Omnirom  Linaro  LG  Google  SimpleAOSP  [/SIZE]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.1.1] ♦ OptiPop ♦ F2FS ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/25/15], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    Cl3Kener
    Source Code: https://github.com/OptiPop

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-09-12
    Last Updated 2015-06-04
    Fixed webviewchromium!

January 3rd, 2015

Today is a wonderful day! Jace Uber Kener was born today at 11:45 PM (EST)!!!! (okay the Uber was a joke, we're still trying to decide on a Middle Name so consider the Uber a place holder, although it looks pretty good there don't you think?) I would post a picture on here but I don't want to get flagged for posting inappropriate content. (I kid you not, I've had friends get in trouble for linking pictures with spouses/girlfriends on here)

Anyhow, while I was waiting for delivery I managed to squeeze out two builds with fixed libwebviewchromium libs. I had apparently over optimized them (and yes there is such a thing) so that they were 2X larger than they should have been and were having trouble loading for some of you. I've moved to just using prebuilt versions of those libs to ensure no more issues there. If you happen to find other libs that are causing FCs in your logcats let me know and I can fix those as well.

I've now swapped out goo.im for the ever popular Android File Host. I hear good things about this server so hopefully it will make acquiring builds easier for some of you that have struggled in the past

Anyhow, enjoy bug fixed updates!

Enjoy the Updates!
    Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

Changelog

- libwebviewchromium fixed - No More FCs.
    - My Boy was Born!!!

Recommended Installation - Please follow

1. Wipe cache/dalvik, data, system (I also recommend that you remove /sdcard/Android folder to avoid conflicts. You'll find some data from system apps on previous ROMs is stored here and causes problems.)
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Reboot and proceed to setup your device. (ROM kernel is EXT4/F2FS compatible and should boot fine for you)

Once you have got everything setup then you can continue to do the optional things like :

5. Optional: Flash EXT4/F2FS Kernel (Read here for more info on what to do: https://plus.google.com/104384867235711140238/posts/jgGGnRsuQiy)
    6. Optional: Flash UBER
    7. Optional: Flash SuperSU v2.40 or higher
    8. Reboot
    9. Prosper

Download Links

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23659

http://uber.oceighty.co/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP/
    Updates!

September 15, 2014

So after doing some tests I realized that theme engine build was actually slower than non-theme engine builds. Not a whole lot by any means but I got lag in place I've never lagged before while running theme engine I went back to my Dark build and those very same actions no longer lagged. Long story short, I have decided I will continue to update my original two non-theme engine builds for people like me who don't care about themes we just don't want any lag.

Dark build was my main focus for today. I went through and themed all of the apps by hand so now not only is the SystemUI dark (it's actually darker now in some places BTW) but now Camera, Calculator, Clock, Dev Tools, Documents, Gallery, People (Contacts), and Dialer are all dark. They look similar to Slim TRDS apps but they are much more RAM friendly because I don't have duplicate drawables (picture files used in theming) like slim apps do. Essentially they will function just as fast as regular aosp apps only they will look more awesome! (or if you don't they darker is awesome then they will be darker to you). Just a heads up I did not them AOSP MMS app simply because I only use hangouts and I assume most of you have made the transition as well. If not, either make the transition or suffer with a white MMS app. (Muahahaha!!!)

I've had a request for Dark with Theming engine. Unfortunately that will not work simply because I have hard coded some dark theming in a way that themes would not be implemented correctly (ie you'd have a black background where there should be theming elements etc....) So for the sake of theme integrity there will be no dark theme builds. Besides I think 3 builds is enough don't you? (Don't answer this question, it's rhetorical)

Reboot menu had a bug that cause soft reboot to not work properly that is fix. I also merge a few misc commits upstream from purity. The only ones of note are with regards to APNs so hopefully people complaining of these ROMs not connecting to your provider properly will not have to worry about that anymore and Dario added Flip to Mute/Reject Call function for incoming calls.

You might have noticed builds are 2-3 GB smaller. I noticed that the AOSP Email app was grossly out-of-date so decided it wasn't worth building. If you want the latest Google Sanctioned version go here and download from now on. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.email&hl=en

That's all I've got for now!

Enjoy!

Cl3Kener

Download Links

http://d-h.st/users/cl3kener/HAMMERHEAD/PURITY

http://uber.oceighty.co/HAMMERHEAD/PURITY/
    December 17, 2014

OptiPop - December 17th, 2014

Today's builds are the fastest yet due to my ppa updates to use Ubuntu 15.04 (prealpha) GCC toolchains/components. My testers said the noticed yet another performance boost.

I was recently asked to join the Team over at SimpleAOSP and so you'll notice this folder has appeared. https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/SIMPLEAOSP. I've already added many of my favorite optimization/speed tweaks to that ROM and it does have roughly the same features as OptiPop does as of right now. I'm strongly considering either 1) discontinuing the white builds so I can focus on making everything dark (not just settings power menu) or 2) just discontinuing this entire project and maybe making my own dark unofficial simpleaosp builds. I might also just keep building all 4 optipop builds but maybe not quite so frequently and mainly with the idea of testing new features/optimization (and of course to make sure this F2FS-all ROM lives on...since that is one thing that hasn't been added to SimpleAOSP.... yet)

In all seriousness though, it just doesn't make sense for me to spend all of this time on a solo project when there are many talent individuals working on SimpleAOSP which seems to already have almost all of the features I use/like anyways -- especially when they are chill enough they'll even let me add a feature two that I feel is missing. I'd spend much less time doing the stuff I'm not so good at (cough java cough) and more time looking into ways to boost performance, battery, or optimize the ROM in any way possible. Anyways, I recommend you at least look into SimpleAOSP and maybe give that ROM above a flash to see if you think it is comparable enough to OptiPop or if you're going to cry yourself to sleep at night if were to discontinue the project. (Again the above link has many of my optimizations which have been officially merged into SimpleAOSP already)

By Request I've added a 3rd upload host (goo.im) to ensure that you can get yourselves a copy of OptiPop. :) Just thought I'd make mention of that in case you didn't notice. I know goo.im has had a bad rep in the past but they've changed things a lot and download speeds seemed decent when I tested.

I also want to remind everyone that dark build is still a wip. Eventually I want to get everything dark including all system apps etc. Right now it is only Settings and Power Menu. I'm going to try do more over the coming Holidays.

Anyhow
    Enjoy the Updates!
    Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

Changelog

- Slim's Heads Up Lollipop enhancements/customizations
    - Updated Binaries to 5.0.1 LRX22C (not including radio, you'll have to do that one on your own)
    - Fixed Dialer FC due to ReverseLookup NPE (Mahdi fix)
    - Strict Aliasing Global Implementation (sparksco)
    - Removal of --fix-cortex-a8 which Google had left being applied to all cpus including krait (I don't see why, seems better without it tbh)
    - Fix ANDROID_LOOP=true for ArgoNavis and Perseus ringtones
    - Add option to disable searchbar in recents
    - Frameworks: add ability to change the color in battery saver mode (slim)
    - Materialized WPS icons and Grabber Icons (credits to original authors)

1. Wipe cache/dalvik, system (and data if you want to do clean flash) I also recommend that you remove /sdcard/Android folder to avoid conflicts. You'll find some data from system apps on previous ROMs is stored here and causes problems.
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Optional: Flash EXT4/F2FS Kernel (Read here for more info on what to do: https://plus.google.com/104384867235711140238/posts/jgGGnRsuQiy)
    5. Optional: Flash UBER
    6. Optional: Flash SuperSU v2.40 or higher (aka Betas)
    7. Reboot
    8. Prosper

Download Links

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP/

https://goo.im/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP/
    Christmas Updates!

OptiPop - December 25th, 2014

Merry Christmas Everyone! Good news! @Williamsss has joined in the Optipop developing fun now so this is no longer a solo project! All features added in today's builds were added by him. He's brought some new ideas and speed tweaks I am not familiar with to the build from vanir so these are most definately the fastest builds yet!!! He'll be maintaining N6 OptiPop here once it gets all of the wrinkles ironed out so if you have an N6 or are planning on having an N6 keep an eye out for him and the future OptiPop N6 OP that should be appearing sometime in the new future!

Hope you are all having an amazing Christmas!
    Enjoy the Updates!
    Cheers!
    Cl3Kener

Changelog

CM Clock & Hide Alarm Icon
    CM Calculator
    Power Menu Configurability (Add Remove items)
    Proximity wakeup block
    CM System Profiles
    Battery Style Options (Circle/Landscape/etc)
    PA Style Clear All (Recent button becomes clear all button when you open recents)
    Speed Tweaks
    Cabinet File Explorer (It's a great material design root file manager from play store. Thanks to Aidan Follestad who gave us permission, leave him a nice rating if you can)
    QuickBoot Preinstalled
    SaberMod 4.8.5 Toolchain Update
    Misc Memory Leaks and other fixes

1. Wipe cache/dalvik, data, system (I also recommend that you remove /sdcard/Android folder to avoid conflicts. You'll find some data from system apps on previous ROMs is stored here and causes problems.)
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Optional: Flash EXT4/F2FS Kernel (Read here for more info on what to do: https://plus.google.com/104384867235711140238/posts/jgGGnRsuQiy)
    5. Optional: Flash UBER
    6. Optional: Flash SuperSU v2.40 or higher
    7. Reboot
    8. Prosper

Download Links

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP/

https://goo.im/devs/Cl3Kener/HAMMERHEAD/OPTIPOP/