FIRST OF ALL: I AM NOT THE DEV FROM THIS ROM, I AM JUST SHARING IT TO YOU AS I HAVE FOUND IT ON THE FLYME WEBSITE! You can still use this thread as a normal ROM thread, but I wont fix bugs as I am not the dev.
What is this?
Flyme OS is a modded Android OS, with a complete new look and feel. It has Blur effects all new Apps and a great design.
Read more at the Flyme OS Page: http://www.flymeos.com/
It is kinda similar to Xiaomi's MIUI OS.
- Complete new Design
- New Apps
- much more
Klick here! (thanks to @kikiri )
You can learn more about the Design here.
- SIM Card on N920C (wont be recognized)
- NFC on many devices
- background Sync doesnt work for all apps
- some more small bugs (read more HERE thanks to [mention]oceanax[/mention] )
- you have to tell me!
--> User report: NOT working on N920T
--> Other devices: Status unknown, please provide some feedback (f.e. N920-I)
Changelog is not availeable, but you can post your experiences after an update here..
How To Install:
FROM OTHER ROMS
1) Just flash over any ROM you are currently on now (DO NOT wipe SYSTEM. It will lead to Error: Symlink failed)
1.1) (OPTIONAL) Flash Supersu http://www.supersu.com/download
2) Wiping cache is up to you
3) Reboot (Will take super long - dont panic)
*DO NOT FACTORY RESET AFTER YOU FLASH IT IF NOT YOUR ROM WILL END UP IN CHINESE WITHOUT THE OPTION OF LETTING YOU CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE*(thanks to @oceanax)
For user coming from any ROM, as long as you have at least kitkat boot loader, you will be fine.
UPDATE THIS ROM
Wipe cache, dalvik and flash the update.zip or use built in OTA Updater
- Please refrain from talking about other kernels than stock.
- At the moment, this project is considered: BETA. All core functions could work, but it's still not ready to mark as stable. However, it should work properly as daily driver?
- My Google Plus Community for better support and help!
- It is NOT allowed to copy and paste my whole written text for this project on your/other websites!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
Credit and Contribution:
- Meizu for the original Rom
- All of the awesome testers out there.
More devices with Flyme OS:
- Galaxy S3 i9300
- and more
[ROM][5.1.1][OTA] Flyme OS 5 For Galaxy Note 5, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Source Code: http://www.flyme.cn/firmware.html#4
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
Last Updated 2017-01-31