• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][5.1.1][P760/P769][Locked/Unlocked BL] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
This rom's kernel is horribly overclocked, 1,35 instead of 1ghz, but i never had a clear indication of oc related failure. Ok, i set clock to 1 or 1,2ghz, but at boot it's always 1, 35ghz. And when it freezes. Which drains battery exceptionally quick, then, usually happening after making a call and putting phone away. And i often had high standby and idle current for no reason. Rule of thumb: 1%/min battery. The other time battery was fine.

After going back to stock and currently Artas' CM11, the in Cm12&13 defunct 5ghz wifi didn't come back to life, but gps and compass did. But now one of the peripheral controllers(wifi, mobile or gps) seemingly don't switch off, while the rest of the phone does. It comes on immediately, w/o the need for a hard reset, so no freeze or idling while powrring down. But it loses 50% each day. Got a new battery, same mess. If i don't find a solution, i will throw it in the bin, along with the brand new battery. Actually this is the last chance: while yesterday i had everything activated before powering down, today i put it in flight mode. If this won't help it's goodbye. The damn thing was supposed to wait for weeks in a closet, until i need a mobile AP, with a still full battery .

Last edited:

pab201

Jun 15, 2014
Hey, thanks for posting your setup. Anyways, I've noticed that many apps started to crash as a result of faulty maths from the processor. I've added +10mv to mine and it worked flawlessly ;). Just for info if someone is experiencing the same behavior.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have not noticed problem on my phone .. I think each device reacts differently. saludos desde argentina:good:

overkill22

May 15, 2014
Trento
hey guys,
I'm trying to flash this ROM on a P760, is it working or should I do something to make it works? One of the last comment kind of scares me...
I just need the phone for few months as second phone... I've tried the CM13 but is giving me errors, so I'm trying this one.
Can't try the CM11 because I think my bootloader is locked and I don't have time/passion (and a windows computer) to unlock it..

overkill22

May 15, 2014
Trento
ok, enough. I tried to install the CM11 bump, CM12, CM13 with ****ty results. I think 2 days for this old phone with a broken screen are too much. I'll stuck with the ****ty ROM stock V20O_00.kdz and that's all.
It's a pity because I super like CM and would be fun to have same ROM than on my new phone. Anyway...

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Do you now have power drain during soft-off? That's what CM12 or 13 did, but was emerging only later, when i had gotten rid of CM13. In that case you would have to go back to CM13 and live with its bugs. Standby drain will also be much higher. Probably CM13 flashes an inappropiate firmware onto the Broadcom Wifi/BT controller, cos CM13 had authentication problems with 5ghz aps, and this bug also stayed after going back to stock. Meaning no more 5ghz wifi, though the aps are still visible during scanning.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Sometimes battery was okay for me, more often not. Then it was draining 1%/min idle and in standby for no reason.
My theory is that this rom flashes an (for some phones like p760) inappropiate firmware onto the Broadcom wifi/bt combo chip. That's why 5ghz wifi never worked with this rom. Furthermore, even after restoring stock rom and later using Artas' CM11, which halfway worked for me in older days, 5ghz wifi would never again work and one of the peripheral controllers (the Broadcom?) was now constantly draining the battery in standby and even when the phone was switched off! The phone didn't encounter a freeze or would idle instead of shutting down, it was completely off and would switch on and boot normally, but drain at least 50% battery in off state per day. I even got a new battery which didn't help. I wanted to use it occasionally as a mobile ap with my data sim, but not in this state. The phone was broke and went into the bin.

Last edited:

eonix

Nov 4, 2010
I followed OP's directions, and on a rooted TMobile LG P769 (and unlockable bootloader) I installed CM12.1 I can get on, but now, every 60~120 seconds I get a pop up that says "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped." I have also lost root and cannot get to recovery. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Last edited:

.:xplosiv::.

Dec 8, 2014
Carbonia
Please help. It's giving option to download ROM for P760 and P769. But I have P765. Can I use this rom? If yes, which one should I download?
Hello 245Prashant, sorry if I answer you only now. Are you sure you want to install this ROM? Because instead of Lollipop, do not install the Marshmallow ROM always by Edwin Moq. You can download the ZIP file here in this thread.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

@245Prashant To solve the problem with the GooglePlayServices read my post at the end of the thread itself.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Micheat

Apr 23, 2018
MS769 and P769

Yep, wait idk it won't have any T-Mobile lock or anything

Oh, well hmm... I'd love to just go for it and try it but unfortunately this device is my father's daily driver so I can't end up accidentally bricking it. But if you find anymore info or happened to stumble across an ms769 and experiment on it lmk! Thanks!
P.S. I tried looking online for any real differences between the two devices and from what im aware they're basically identical however I don't wish to end up trying it only to brick it since I have no real evidence to base the results off lol.

587.saboor

Jul 5, 2017
Edmonton
netherdepths.com
Oh, well hmm... I'd love to just go for it and try it but unfortunately this device is my father's daily driver so I can't end up accidentally bricking it. But if you find anymore info or happened to stumble across an ms769 and experiment on it lmk! Thanks!
P.S. I tried looking online for any real differences between the two devices and from what im aware they're basically identical however I don't wish to end up trying it only to brick it since I have no real evidence to base the results off lol.
I already tried flashing this ROM and there was no bloatware or anything like that which was T-Mobile or MetroPCS related which is good because i really hate all the bloatware with MetroPCS

Micheat

Apr 23, 2018
P769 and MS769

I already tried flashing this ROM and there was no bloatware or anything like that which was T-Mobile or MetroPCS related which is good because i really hate all the bloatware with MetroPCS

Well I know, that's a positive but I just wanna be sure that if I flashed this on a MS769 it won't brick the phone and refuse to boot it lol. I also tried inserting his MetroPCS sim into my T-Mobile P769 and it didn't recognize it so I didn't want to risk damaging his only phone hence why I'm trying to find out first. Thank you though for helping me out!

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

I flashed two of my P769's with this ROM and it booted up and seems to work mostly fine, however my SD card isn't being mounted, when I try opening my camera or gallery app they crash with the message "Unfortunately, Camera/Gallery has stopped", and I'm constantly pestered by the "unfortunately google play services has stopped" if there are any known fixes or other solutions for these problems I would really appreciate them! Or if there is another ROM that is lollipop or KitKat based that is as easy to flash as this one would be greatly appreciated too but, I would love to get this ROM working well. Kudos to EdwinMoq for this quite impressive custom ROM.

Reactions: 587.saboor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I'm not responsible of whatever you do to your phone.

How to install:
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash rom and GApps.
    4. Reboot.

How to update:
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    3. Flash ROM.
    4. Reboot.

Screenshoots:

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_47_33.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_44_18.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_26.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_42.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_23_05.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_47_50.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_21_56.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_27_00.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_22_30.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_52_17.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_00.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_26_00.png

Changelog:

2015.12.17:
    - Fixed radio.
    - Updated hardware libs.
    - Added Support for LG-P760.

2015.12.19:
    - Fixed vibrator.
    - Fixed front-facing camera.
    - Fixed Settings crash when using Privacy Guard.

2015.12.29:
    - Updated media codecs.
    - Fixed video recording.
    - Fixed GPS.
    - Fixed USB Mass Storage mode.
    - Removed reboot to bootloader option in reboot menu.

2016.01.21:
    - Updated power driver.
    - Add multiuser support
    - Tweak radio
    - Update smartreflex
    - Tweak OpenGL settings
    - Kitkat camera

Both rom and Recovery are signed with Bump. So it can be installed in devices with both locked and unlocked bootloader. For more info see here and here.

Downloads:
    P760
    P769

Thanks to @Rammar515 and @dhiru1602 for device tree and kernel sources.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 12.1 for LG Optimus L9, ROM for the LG Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768

Contributors
    EdwinMoq
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-12-15
    Last Updated 2016-01-21
    Update.

After some work I finally got the radio working on Marshmallow, will upload a build for tomorrow.
    I made this file, it turn off SmartReflex in L9 to eradicate Kernel Panics. Just Flash it with twrp.
    New build is up! I messed media codecs trying to fix the camera and now media recording is broken. But front camera works now and I will fix media codecs ASAP. Vibrator is working too.

For those having issues with SuperSu I recommend to use Privacy Guard. It allows you to manage different permissions of apps, including root access. Enable root in developers options and use Privacy Guard to manage root access. It works great for me.

Next build with fixed media codecs will be up later.