• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][5.1.1][P760/P769][Locked/Unlocked BL] Cyanogenmod 12.1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

587.saboor

Jul 5, 2017
Edmonton
netherdepths.com
Well I know, that's a positive but I just wanna be sure that if I flashed this on a MS769 it won't brick the phone and refuse to boot it lol. I also tried inserting his MetroPCS sim into my T-Mobile P769 and it didn't recognize it so I didn't want to risk damaging his only phone hence why I'm trying to find out first. Thank you though for helping me out!

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------
my SD card isn't being mounted, when I try opening my camera or gallery app they crash with the message "Unfortunately, Camera/Gallery has stopped", and I'm constantly pestered by the "unfortunately google play services has stopped" if there are any known fixes or other solutions for these problems I would really appreciate them!
I had the SD card problem before and idk how I fixed the problem but either it fixes itself, have to wipe cache, or reflash the ROM
The camera one, idk about that, I haven't had that problem..
For Google Play services, look down
FIX FOR GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES PROBLEMS:
1. Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard;
2. Tap on the three points on the top left and select Advanced in the menu;
3. Search for the Location Section tab, and tap on Google Play Services;
4. On Coarse Location, change from -Allowed- to -Ignored-;
5. Open the Play Store and log in to your account;
6. Exit the Play Store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Micheat

Micheat

Apr 23, 2018
ROM Bugs and Glitches

I had the SD card problem before and idk how I fixed the problem but either it fixes itself, have to wipe cache, or reflash the ROM
The camera one, idk about that, I haven't had that problem..
For Google Play services, look down
hmmm well I guess I'll try these the next time I can access them. Unfortunately, one of my phones got locked with a security error and the other is trapped in a boot loop so im probably going to need to fix then reflash both of them when I have time XD. Idk I was really hopeful that this rom would bring new life to these phones but i'm still having a slew of issues :( I hope I can get them fixed and have these 2 phones as good and ready back-ups.

.:xplosiv::.

Dec 8, 2014
Carbonia
hmmm well I guess I'll try these the next time I can access them. Unfortunately, one of my phones got locked with a security error and the other is trapped in a boot loop so im probably going to need to fix then reflash both of them when I have time XD. Idk I was really hopeful that this rom would bring new life to these phones but i'm still having a slew of issues :( I hope I can get them fixed and have these 2 phones as good and ready back-ups.
Hi Micheat, have you tried for the device in boot looping, start in twrp through the fastboot command "fastboot boot recovery your_twrp_file.img" and re-flash both the recovery and the ROM? remember to make everyone wipe system, data, cache and dalvik before doing the twrp flash!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Micheat

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
I had the problem that the phone never got recognized again in Fastboot Mode after updating to Win8.1 and later Win 10. On my Desktop and Netbook, which stayed on Win7 until the release of Ten.
ADB worked, but the interesting functions need a Reboot -Fastboot command via ADB to perform.
So in case of trouble it was always unbricking in Download Mode, with a non-rooted stock phone as result, then rooting stock via Kingo Root to be able to install TWRP, then you can restore your last TWRP backup.

Dec 8, 2014
Carbonia
I had the problem that the phone never got recognized again in Fastboot Mode after updating to Win8.1 and later Win 10. On my Desktop and Netbook, which stayed on Win7 until the release of Ten.
ADB worked, but the interesting functions need a Reboot -Fastboot command via ADB to perform.
So in case of trouble it was always unbricking in Download Mode, with a non-rooted stock phone as result, then rooting stock via Kingo Root to be able to install TWRP, then you can restore your last TWRP backup.
So, since you're having problems with Windows 8.1 or Win 10, have you tried to install a Virtual Machine, and install Win 7 with the related drivers and software?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

There is also another possibility, also use linux, either with Virtual Machine or with cd boot or usb boot! and then install the ADB and FASTBOOT drivers! [emoji6] as you can see here!

Last edited:

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
My P760 was supposed to become a mobile AP after i switched to a Galaxy S5, but this very rom(or was there already a Cm13?) seems to have damaged my phone. I could never authenticate with 5ghz APs and standby drain was about 50%/day. This remained after stock recovery and then, as the phone was no longer the daily driver, i found out that the drain remained in soft-off state! The phone definitely shut down and powered on correctly, but was using up half of the battery per day. Wifi/BT controller not switching off, i presume. I got a new battery and the drain only stopped as long as the battery was outside the phone, so the whole crap went outside, in the trashcan.
So especially users of the p760, check this out. Edwin Mocq had a different model, which supposedly won't misbehave.

Micheat

Apr 23, 2018
Boot Loop

Hi Micheat, have you tried for the device in boot looping, start in twrp through the fastboot command "fastboot boot recovery your_twrp_file.img" and re-flash both the recovery and the ROM? remember to make everyone wipe system, data, cache and dalvik before doing the twrp flash!

I can't remember if I was able to boot it into TWRP at all while it was boot looping, I'm not really aware of what fastboot is but any info would help. But yes originally I'm pretty sure I had cleared all of its data before flashing but I'm not sure as to why it began boot looping.

Dec 8, 2014
Carbonia
I can't remember if I was able to boot it into TWRP at all while it was boot looping, I'm not really aware of what fastboot is but any info would help. But yes originally I'm pretty sure I had cleared all of its data before flashing but I'm not sure as to why it began boot looping.
as for fastboot and ADB drivers, you can see something here on how to install everything then to use and know the commands you can search on the ocean of google, you find them so much! The problem of bootlooping is the fact that often the boot files are not found or unrecognized during this phase, and every time it comes back to look for them, so the program comes back and reboots all over again infinitely!

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
I also remember the issue(probably cured by the latest TWRP) that the phone will brick when trying to access TWRP during power-on or restart. TWRP could only be accessed from within Android, so you could make backups and restore them after the lenghty unbricking procedure.

PostToasted

Feb 13, 2018
Enable Root, Install Kernel Auditor, Slow the CPU down to 800 on the high end, 200 on the low end and try On Demand Governor.
Slow it down to 600 if you have to. Then after a day or two of running it, bump it up a notch and see how it goes.
The Rom has a default clock of 1350 which is overclocked from the stock 1008. Mine Flash Crashes pretty quick at 1350.
Running it at 800 is actually kind of nice on the battery consumption too. Best of luck!

any otg support or kernel panic fixes pls i need it....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I'm not responsible of whatever you do to your phone.

How to install:
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash rom and GApps.
    4. Reboot.

How to update:
    1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    3. Flash ROM.
    4. Reboot.

Screenshoots:

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_47_33.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_44_18.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_26.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_42.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_23_05.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_47_50.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_21_56.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_27_00.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_09_22_30.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_52_17.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_53_00.png

Screenshot_2015_12_17_12_26_00.png

Changelog:

2015.12.17:
    - Fixed radio.
    - Updated hardware libs.
    - Added Support for LG-P760.

2015.12.19:
    - Fixed vibrator.
    - Fixed front-facing camera.
    - Fixed Settings crash when using Privacy Guard.

2015.12.29:
    - Updated media codecs.
    - Fixed video recording.
    - Fixed GPS.
    - Fixed USB Mass Storage mode.
    - Removed reboot to bootloader option in reboot menu.

2016.01.21:
    - Updated power driver.
    - Add multiuser support
    - Tweak radio
    - Update smartreflex
    - Tweak OpenGL settings
    - Kitkat camera

Both rom and Recovery are signed with Bump. So it can be installed in devices with both locked and unlocked bootloader. For more info see here and here.

Downloads:
    P760
    P769

Thanks to @Rammar515 and @dhiru1602 for device tree and kernel sources.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 12.1 for LG Optimus L9, ROM for the LG Optimus L9 P760, P765, P768

Contributors
    EdwinMoq
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-12-15
    Last Updated 2016-01-21
    Update.

After some work I finally got the radio working on Marshmallow, will upload a build for tomorrow.
    I made this file, it turn off SmartReflex in L9 to eradicate Kernel Panics. Just Flash it with twrp.
    New build is up! I messed media codecs trying to fix the camera and now media recording is broken. But front camera works now and I will fix media codecs ASAP. Vibrator is working too.

For those having issues with SuperSu I recommend to use Privacy Guard. It allows you to manage different permissions of apps, including root access. Enable root in developers options and use Privacy Guard to manage root access. It works great for me.

Next build with fixed media codecs will be up later.