Search This thread

xanaxdroid

Jun 29, 2010
Seattle
New build is up.

Changes:
- Updated to LMY47X (android-5.1.1_r2)
- Kernel updated. 115 commits!
- Updated SaberMod 6.0 kernel toolchain.
- Re-Organized Benzo Extras. Nothing special.
- Updated Benzo OverTheAir.
- Improved Recents code some more.
- A couple bug fixes
- Some other under the hood stuff..

Use the OTA Updater or grab it from my server or over at Basketbuild or from my other mirror.

Edit: Don't forget the new gapps a couple posts up, or in the OTA Updater, if you're going for a clean flash.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2012
Petaling jaya
New build is up.

Changes:
- A couple bug fixes

Use the OTA Updater or grab it from my server or over at Basketbuild or from my other mirror.

Edit: Don't forget the new gapps a couple posts up, or in the OTA Updater, if you're going for a clean flash.
Let the flashing commence! Also anyone else having issues with instagram crashing when you try to open the camera? I've tried deleting data to uninstalling and reinstalling but it's still crashing when I open the camera. Everything else in the app works fine though

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
Wow an update! I haven't even finished setting up my phone from my first flash. :)

Any way to setup long press of back or recents button? I like to set one to go directly to voice search...

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
New build is up.

Changes:
- A couple bug fixes

Holy crap. I didn't even know X was out :D

xanaxdroid

Jun 29, 2010
Seattle
OK last question...

How come I cannot access the internal storage when i jack in the usb cable to the PC?

Go to Settings > Storage then hit the overflow menu (the three dots) then click usb connections and make sure MTP is checked.

Its been asked and answered in couple of threads already .

Try to play with MTP settings (disable and enable) and try to disable USB debugging in development settings.

Seems like a general and sporadic nexus 6 "problem"

Thanks for helping out. =)

psak

Oct 13, 2010
after installing 05/13 using Benzo OverTheAir. everything is working good except Benzo OverTheAir is now crashing =\

also is the possible to give an option for users to change notifications design back to square boarder design rather than a round design.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2012
Petaling jaya
Disable Advanced camera under the Settings/Camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6

You mean like this? It's the only setting under camera. Doesn't seem to resolve it though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1431494438912.jpg
    1431494438912.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 471

Nexus NYC

Jan 11, 2015
My carrier is T mobile, but for some reason on this rom my APN defaults to MetroPCS LTE instead of T Mobile LTE. Is there a reason behind this?

hasanu88

Jun 24, 2013
coimbatore
Hey guys flashed that port I was talking about and it does work well with N6... Till now no crash has a good ui and extra features .also posted two comparison pictures both zoomed to max to know how detailed photos come processed.
@xanaxdroid: am not asking u to port now or do anything with this .hope you don't bother me posting about this here just to let others know about this port working great with your rom

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1431501005923.jpg
    1431501005923.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 565
  • 1431501021294.jpg
    1431501021294.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 578
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    benzorom-banner.png

This is my personal ROM that I build for myself but since I like this community I post it just incase anyone else wants to try it out.
    It's an AOSP ROM based off of Euphoria. It used to be named CyanogenMod+ but I changed the name to avoid confusion and because their are so
    many ROM's out there that say that in their name and title. I will try to fix problems with the builds or try to answer any questions
    but I don't guarantee support. I also don't accept donations so If you like the builds and want to donate please donate to Euphoria,
    Liquid, Slim or anyone else you see fit. Anyway I hope you enjoy the builds.

Features
    Built with SaberMod
    A lot of Build Optimizations
    Base Built With SM 5.2
    benzoCore Kernel Built With SM 6.0
    F2FS Support
    BenzoPerformance
    Un-encrypted
    SuperSU included
    Viper4Android 2.3.4
    PIE Controls (LMT)
    PA Pie Controls
    Floating Windows
    Animation Options
    Ad-Blocker
    App Circle Bar
    App Bar
    App Opts
    DPI Backup
    DPI Changer
    Wakelock Blocker
    Native OTG Support
    Headsup Background and Text Color
    Lot's of Lockscreen Options
    Lockscreen Weather Options
    Lockscreen Gestures
    Slim's Ambient Display
    Slim's Navigation Bar Mods
    Slim's Navring Targets
    Extra Quick Settings Tiles
    Floating Clear Recents
    Clear All Recents Button Position
    Disable Google Search in Recents
    Ok Google Everywhere
    Disabled Tether Checking
    Heads Up Options
    Power Menu Custimazation
    Notification Drawer Settings
    Expanded Desktop
    Statusbar Clock Options
    More Statusbar Options
    Quick Settings Options
    Call Recording
    Google Webview
    Scroll Effects
    Scroll Cache Options
    Gesture Anywhere
    Camera Sounds
    OmniSwitch
    SlimRecents
    Screen Recorder
    Weather Settings
    Wake Gestures
    OTA Updates
    Wi-Fi Calling
    Media Scanner on Boot Options
    Custom DPI that doesn't affect Play Store
    Lots more and more to come...

New Benzo Rom Google+ Community
    Download Latest: Nightly (20150911-0404)
    Main Mirror: Other server
    Or use the updater if you are already on Benzo.

Google Apps (5.1.x): My server
    Mirror: My other server
    *UPDATED* 09/09
    Or use the updater if you are already on Benzo.

TWRP 2.8.7.1 with F2FS support: Themed with MaterialS

benzobugs.png

Go to the bug tracker after reading below.
    REPORT BUGS ONLY:
    * AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    * USING STOCK KERNEL
    * USING BENZO GAPPS
    * NO MODS AT ALL
    * LOGCAT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

As it says above I don't offer/guarantee ANY support! BUT I will try.

So it seems I'm forced to put this:
    A clean flash is:
    Wiping Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data but not Internal Data.

Pushbullet: Benzo Updates

How to install
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash my gapps (recommended for now)
    3. The ROM includes the latest SuperSU so there's no need to flash that.

Note: The first boot might take a few minutes (maybe 1 to 3) but it will boot.

Thank you to:
    Mahdi786
    dsmitty166
    pbeeler
    Xileforce
    CPA Poke
    Imoseyon

Github: BenzoRom
    Built on a box running Arch Linux
    Goodbye​
    You know what guys. Please go use other ROM's. All you do is complain about EVERYTHING. I do this **** in my spare time for ME. Read the OP for Christs sake. I will no longer be posting the builds here and will be asking for the thread to be closed. You guys are the reason so many devs leave XDA and quit making public ROM's all together. You are ungrateful and just want everything. You ask for a feature to be added then complain when it's added because it breaks some mod that you use. It says in the OP to NOT REPORT PROBLEMS WHEN USING MODS OR DIRTY FLASHING. There are many great people around here, but dealing with the others is just not worth it. Thank you to the people who were respectful and tried to keep the thread on topic and troll free. I will be on Google+ for the people who care.
    PSA
    Okay this might sound dumb but please bare with me.

I do this for fun and don't accept donations. I've had someone give me a Google Play card, and I took it and also someone donated $5, but normally I don't accept donations. So with that said, I'm asking a favor. In the spirit of this (American) holiday weekend I'm asking you guys who enjoy this ROM to do something for me.

• If you're out partying this weekend and you see someonewho has or is serving our military, please buy them a drink or pay for their Pepsi's if they don't drink.
    • If you're at Starbucks and you see someone who has or is serving our military, buy them a caramel macchiato.
    • If you're at a strip club and you see someone who has or is serving out military, buy them a lap dance.

You get where I'm going with this. If you don't already do this normally like I do, do it this holiday weekend. Hell, even if you're from a different country do it for someone in your military. Again I know me, some dude on XDA, asking for this is dumb but I'm still doing it. And if you are a veteran, have a virtual high five from me.

Thanks
    Jason aka xanaxdroid
    PSA​

So I just wanted to say welcome back to everyone. This thread is going to change. No more arguing, cussing at people(for no reason heh) and reporting bugs over and over and over. I state that these are my personal builds I share because a lot of people asked me to. I also state that I offer/guarantee no support for this ROM. That said, I will try to help out with problems. I do this for me in my free time, but I also like most of the people around here and want their phone to work. I WILL use the "it works for me sorry" answer. Especially for people who provide no logcat or any information at all(logcat or GTFO :p ). And if your theme does not work, use a different theme or find somewhere where it works. With that said, I'll try to be more courteous to people because I acted wrong at times too.

So anyway, read the OP, read this and RESPECT THE RULES OR MOVE ON. This will be in everybody's best interest and make this thread a better place. Thanks and let's try to keep XDA a good place to come to.

- xanaxdroid
    New build and Google Apps

If you download this build and use the new gapps package the Google Now voice will work again.

Chnages:
    - Kernel updated.
    - Impulse governour added.
    - Turned MSM Hotplug off by default so Zen decision will be on.
    - Didn't get a chance to fix wake gestures sticking. Don't think I did anyway.
    - Use with new Google Apps and Google Now voice works.
    - Some other little things.
    - Other bug fixes.
    - More under the hood stuff.

Use the OTA updater to grab both or grab the ROM from my server or from my mirror.

Google App Changes:
    - Updated to latest Google Play Service.
    - Updated Google App to latest version.
    - All other apps updated to current versions.

You can get the gapps from the Updater or from my server.