[ROM][5.1.1][SaberMod-5.2] Benzo Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
Is there a way to disable the rounded corner from notification bubbles? Just couldn't find it :(

Sniggity

May 13, 2010
Has anyone had any luck with WiFi calling on Project Fi?

When I put it in Airplane mode and turn on WiFi it doesn't work.

Is there a certain Radio I should flash?

jackpollard

Aug 17, 2013

Thanks for asking the question, I'm wondering the same exact thing. I've had varying degrees of success, none stable. I did a clean install of Benzo using 1)Benzo gapps 2)another roms gapps and 3)tk gapps.
Using the TK gapps, I was able to get wifi calling working, but the rom was slightly unstable. I thought the other rom's gapps was the answer, until I realized it was not using wifi to call. The only way I can tell if wifi is working is if I put it into airplane mode, turn on wifi and see if it calls. And the really odd thing about using tk gapps is some themes will just not install, so odd. And the clock app has an issue.
I'm using the latest M radio, 17R. Try this gapps --> http://xdaforums.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347
Let me know how it turns out.

Reactions: Sniggity

androidfan91

Nov 19, 2014
San Jose

I think its the gapps that are a problem for WiFi calling. Tkgapps and PA gapps plus work fine for wifi calling. Look up my posts here on this thread and you can find the links.
I'd prefer a clean flash of benzo rom with other gapps. Hopefully it works out for you.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Thanks for asking the question, I'm wondering the same exact thing. I've had varying degrees of success, none stable. I did a clean install of Benzo using 1)Benzo gapps 2)another roms gapps and 3)tk gapps.
Using the TK gapps, I was able to get wifi calling working, but the rom was slightly unstable. I thought the other rom's gapps was the answer, until I realized it was not using wifi to call. The only way I can tell if wifi is working is if I put it into airplane mode, turn on wifi and see if it calls. And the really odd thing about using tk gapps is some themes will just not install, so odd. And the clock app has an issue.
I'm using the latest M radio, 17R. Try this gapps --> http://xdaforums.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347
I'm using Tkgapps with project fi. Dark material theme works fine. What issues with clock app are you having?

RayEdmondson

Jan 12, 2014
Blackshear, GA

I don't use Fi, but the latest radio from release 3 is 24r. Could that be a problem?

Reactions: jackpollard

Sniggity

May 13, 2010

TK Stock Gapps did the trick for me...thanks guys

jackpollard

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for the good suggestions regarding Project Fi, I also did the clean flash, latest Benzo and TK Full, I used the full due to Benzo's updating Google Webview, I didn't want to overwrite it. But if it works you should not have an issue. As for the clock, I forced stopped it, cleared it and it seems to be OK.
To test it all; I went into airplane mode, turned on Wifi and made a call. Then I turned on the cell service and it switched to Sprint.

Y

Yoinx

I stand corrected. Thank you for that. I just looked it up on Verizon and you are right. I just read on some forum that it did. Won't do that again.

Typically, but not always, anything that you use that connects to Verizon directly doesn't count against your data use.

Volte, accessing their app to check your account info, downloading firmware (stock from them), etc.

They consider these to be official type actions and count the data use as overhead on their side. The issue is that you phone data tracker will still count it, so will tracking apps if you use them. I think the Verizon data widget though won't count it. Neither will the data transfer count on their site.

For the other person asking, Volte isn't necessarily to let you use the Internet while on your phone. You could do that before. Volte is verizon's version of what other networks call HD voice. The band's that they use typically for voice calls don't have much bandwidth available, hence why old phones with Internet like the original razr and such were so slow. What this means is that your call audio also had to be compressed. By switching off of the old 1x style networks and over to Volte it enables much more lossless audio. It also has the added benefit that as they get more people to convert to Volte, they have less antiquated equipment to maintain while being able to add more lte nodes to improve performance. I'd expect in the next few years there won't be an option in verizon for anything but Volte calls. Given that it reduces their equipment maintenance costs (less old nodes that aren't used much) in favor of lte nodes that they charge you data plan fees for whether you use them or not, they don't charge you for the little bit of data that their using for your calls.

Meanwhile, they just focus on the benefit to the consumer (your higher quality calls) and never really explain the why.

Make sense?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

drkramm

Aug 7, 2010
Typically, but not always, anything that you use that connects to Verizon directly doesn't count against your data use.

Volte, accessing their app to check your account info, downloading firmware (stock from them), etc.

They consider these to be official type actions and count the data use as overhead on their side. The issue is that you phone data tracker will still count it, so will tracking apps if you use them. I think the Verizon data widget though won't count it. Neither will the data transfer count on their site.

For the other person asking, Volte isn't necessarily to let you use the Internet while on your phone. You could do that before. Volte is verizon's version of what other networks call HD voice. The band's that they use typically for voice calls don't have much bandwidth available, hence why old phones with Internet like the original razr and such were so slow. What this means is that your call audio also had to be compressed. By switching off of the old 1x style networks and over to Volte it enables much more lossless audio. It also has the added benefit that as they get more people to convert to Volte, they have less antiquated equipment to maintain while being able to add more lte nodes to improve performance. I'd expect in the next few years there won't be an option in verizon for anything but Volte calls. Given that it reduces their equipment maintenance costs (less old nodes that aren't used much) in favor of lte nodes that they charge you data plan fees for whether you use them or not, they don't charge you for the little bit of data that their using for your calls.

Meanwhile, they just focus on the benefit to the consumer (your higher quality calls) and never really explain the why.

Make sense?

Fyi without volte the nexus 6 cannot do voice and data at the same time. The n6 only has one antenna unlike the moto x (at least the 2013) which had two.

Y

Yoinx

Fyi without volte the nexus 6 cannot do voice and data at the same time. The n6 only has one antenna unlike the moto x (at least the 2013) which had two.

Yeah, that's true for this phone, but not volte in general. But its a good point.

thunderstruck!

Apr 7, 2009
Chicago
So post 7029 is correct about the need for VoLTE to also use data? I use my phone a lot for navigation when I travel, so don't want to miss any traffic alerts if I'm talking on the phone. And what effect does VoLTE have on battery life?

Sniggity

May 13, 2010
I had to do the following; wipe system, dalvik and cache, flash rom, then flash TK gapps. It needs to not have another gapps flashed prior to installing it, unless its an older version of TK. Do a nandroid just in case.

Yeah I had to do a clean install to get TK Gapps working. Once I did that everything is working great.

Reactions: sebby d

psak

Oct 13, 2010
in past two builds, i experienced VoLTE on T-Mobile causes crackling/distributions in phone calls/headset speaker. or possibility of a combination of Bluetooth(broadcast & searching, not connected Bluetooth) & VoLTE causes in bad phone call quality, like an interference kind of crackling.
above happens with 14R radio, I think I'm due for an update of the radio:
what is the latest radio version that is compatible with latest Benzo nightly builds & T-Mobile.

thank you in advance!!
and as always huge thank you to xanaxdroid for incredible ROM.

xanaxdroid

Jun 29, 2010
Seattle
in past two builds, i experienced VoLTE on T-Mobile causes crackling/distributions in phone calls/headset speaker. or possibility of a combination of Bluetooth(broadcast & searching, not connected Bluetooth) & VoLTE causes in bad phone call quality, like an interference kind of crackling.
above happens with 14R radio, I think I'm due for an update of the radio:
what is the latest radio version that is compatible with latest Benzo nightly builds & T-Mobile.

thank you in advance!!
and as always huge thank you to xanaxdroid for incredible ROM.

I had to remove IMS enabler to get the optimizing apps in background to work. I'll revert that and add back IMS Enabler in tonight's build. Should solve your problem.

Reactions: Mega Montana

Mozelstein

Aug 26, 2010
A few updates back I started having connectivity issues. Since I dirty flashed, I just dealt with it by toggling airplane mode until I had time to do a clean flash. Did a clean flash yesterday and the issues are persisting. Also, every boot up it does a double boot. Should I flash again? Is there something I can try to fix the connection problems?

FYI, I've been running this ROM for a good while and I'm getting drops in areas I've always had a fine connection.

sams0n1

Dec 26, 2010
I had to remove IMS enabler to get the optimizing apps in background to work. I'll revert that and add back IMS Enabler in tonight's build. Should solve your problem.
Does this mean, tonights build will miss the optimizing apps in background feature? This is one of the coolest features you implemented. Flashed so many roms, just to try out something new but every time i come back to benzo rom. [emoji39]

°~ Sent from my Nexus 6 ~°

xanaxdroid

Jun 29, 2010
Seattle
Does this mean, tonights build will miss the optimizing apps in background feature? This is one of the coolest features you implemented. Flashed so many roms, just to try out something new but every time i come back to benzo rom. [emoji39]

°~ Sent from my Nexus 6 ~°

Unfortunately yes. I've tried to get IMS Enabler to work with it, but it just won't. I'm gonna keep trying, but it force closes after boot. It's only a problem with the Nexus 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    benzorom-banner.png

This is my personal ROM that I build for myself but since I like this community I post it just incase anyone else wants to try it out.
    It's an AOSP ROM based off of Euphoria. It used to be named CyanogenMod+ but I changed the name to avoid confusion and because their are so
    many ROM's out there that say that in their name and title. I will try to fix problems with the builds or try to answer any questions
    but I don't guarantee support. I also don't accept donations so If you like the builds and want to donate please donate to Euphoria,
    Liquid, Slim or anyone else you see fit. Anyway I hope you enjoy the builds.

Features
    Built with SaberMod
    A lot of Build Optimizations
    Base Built With SM 5.2
    benzoCore Kernel Built With SM 6.0
    F2FS Support
    BenzoPerformance
    Un-encrypted
    SuperSU included
    Viper4Android 2.3.4
    PIE Controls (LMT)
    PA Pie Controls
    Floating Windows
    Animation Options
    Ad-Blocker
    App Circle Bar
    App Bar
    App Opts
    DPI Backup
    DPI Changer
    Wakelock Blocker
    Native OTG Support
    Headsup Background and Text Color
    Lot's of Lockscreen Options
    Lockscreen Weather Options
    Lockscreen Gestures
    Slim's Ambient Display
    Slim's Navigation Bar Mods
    Slim's Navring Targets
    Extra Quick Settings Tiles
    Floating Clear Recents
    Clear All Recents Button Position
    Disable Google Search in Recents
    Ok Google Everywhere
    Disabled Tether Checking
    Heads Up Options
    Power Menu Custimazation
    Notification Drawer Settings
    Expanded Desktop
    Statusbar Clock Options
    More Statusbar Options
    Quick Settings Options
    Call Recording
    Google Webview
    Scroll Effects
    Scroll Cache Options
    Gesture Anywhere
    Camera Sounds
    OmniSwitch
    SlimRecents
    Screen Recorder
    Weather Settings
    Wake Gestures
    OTA Updates
    Wi-Fi Calling
    Media Scanner on Boot Options
    Custom DPI that doesn't affect Play Store
    Lots more and more to come...

New Benzo Rom Google+ Community
    Download Latest: Nightly (20150911-0404)
    Main Mirror: Other server
    Or use the updater if you are already on Benzo.

Google Apps (5.1.x): My server
    Mirror: My other server
    *UPDATED* 09/09
    Or use the updater if you are already on Benzo.

TWRP 2.8.7.1 with F2FS support: Themed with MaterialS

benzobugs.png

Go to the bug tracker after reading below.
    REPORT BUGS ONLY:
    * AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL
    * USING STOCK KERNEL
    * USING BENZO GAPPS
    * NO MODS AT ALL
    * LOGCAT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

As it says above I don't offer/guarantee ANY support! BUT I will try.

So it seems I'm forced to put this:
    A clean flash is:
    Wiping Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data but not Internal Data.

Pushbullet: Benzo Updates

How to install
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash my gapps (recommended for now)
    3. The ROM includes the latest SuperSU so there's no need to flash that.

Note: The first boot might take a few minutes (maybe 1 to 3) but it will boot.

Thank you to:
    Mahdi786
    dsmitty166
    pbeeler
    Xileforce
    CPA Poke
    Imoseyon

Github: BenzoRom
    Built on a box running Arch Linux
    Goodbye​
    You know what guys. Please go use other ROM's. All you do is complain about EVERYTHING. I do this **** in my spare time for ME. Read the OP for Christs sake. I will no longer be posting the builds here and will be asking for the thread to be closed. You guys are the reason so many devs leave XDA and quit making public ROM's all together. You are ungrateful and just want everything. You ask for a feature to be added then complain when it's added because it breaks some mod that you use. It says in the OP to NOT REPORT PROBLEMS WHEN USING MODS OR DIRTY FLASHING. There are many great people around here, but dealing with the others is just not worth it. Thank you to the people who were respectful and tried to keep the thread on topic and troll free. I will be on Google+ for the people who care.
    PSA
    Okay this might sound dumb but please bare with me.

I do this for fun and don't accept donations. I've had someone give me a Google Play card, and I took it and also someone donated $5, but normally I don't accept donations. So with that said, I'm asking a favor. In the spirit of this (American) holiday weekend I'm asking you guys who enjoy this ROM to do something for me.

• If you're out partying this weekend and you see someonewho has or is serving our military, please buy them a drink or pay for their Pepsi's if they don't drink.
    • If you're at Starbucks and you see someone who has or is serving our military, buy them a caramel macchiato.
    • If you're at a strip club and you see someone who has or is serving out military, buy them a lap dance.

You get where I'm going with this. If you don't already do this normally like I do, do it this holiday weekend. Hell, even if you're from a different country do it for someone in your military. Again I know me, some dude on XDA, asking for this is dumb but I'm still doing it. And if you are a veteran, have a virtual high five from me.

Thanks
    Jason aka xanaxdroid
    PSA​

So I just wanted to say welcome back to everyone. This thread is going to change. No more arguing, cussing at people(for no reason heh) and reporting bugs over and over and over. I state that these are my personal builds I share because a lot of people asked me to. I also state that I offer/guarantee no support for this ROM. That said, I will try to help out with problems. I do this for me in my free time, but I also like most of the people around here and want their phone to work. I WILL use the "it works for me sorry" answer. Especially for people who provide no logcat or any information at all(logcat or GTFO :p ). And if your theme does not work, use a different theme or find somewhere where it works. With that said, I'll try to be more courteous to people because I acted wrong at times too.

So anyway, read the OP, read this and RESPECT THE RULES OR MOVE ON. This will be in everybody's best interest and make this thread a better place. Thanks and let's try to keep XDA a good place to come to.

- xanaxdroid
    New build and Google Apps

If you download this build and use the new gapps package the Google Now voice will work again.

Chnages:
    - Kernel updated.
    - Impulse governour added.
    - Turned MSM Hotplug off by default so Zen decision will be on.
    - Didn't get a chance to fix wake gestures sticking. Don't think I did anyway.
    - Use with new Google Apps and Google Now voice works.
    - Some other little things.
    - Other bug fixes.
    - More under the hood stuff.

Use the OTA updater to grab both or grab the ROM from my server or from my mirror.

Google App Changes:
    - Updated to latest Google Play Service.
    - Updated Google App to latest version.
    - All other apps updated to current versions.

You can get the gapps from the Updater or from my server.