[ROM] [5.1.1] SlimLP for Galaxy Core 2 (Edited Version)

Search This thread

xn117khdsh

Jun 19, 2020
Disclaimer:
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
I'm sorry if my English is bad as it's not my native language.
* This ROM isn't mine. I just modified a bit to fit to daily use.
What is SlimLP?
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.0 and offers the following original features:
Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
System-Wide Keyboard Controls
Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
SlimCenter (Coming Soon)
Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
Camera Features
Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.
ROM Information:
ROM Name: SlimLP
Android version: Android 5.1.1
Compatibility: All Galaxy Core 2 model (SM-G355H/SM-G355M/SM-G355HN)
Update (August 5th 2022): Might not work on M/HN model.
Features:

* Based on the original custom ROM made by @Ih24n.
* Removed some unwanted apps.
* Built-in root are installed and working stably.
Bugs:
- Hardware buttons are not working. You need to enable navigation bar in Settings.
Update (August 5th 2022): Install Button Mapper to fix.
- Tell me if you have issues when using this ROM.
Requirements:
- A Galaxy Core 2 device.
- Custom recovery (You should use TWRP).
How to install?
1. Reboot your device to recovery mode.
2. Wipe: Dalvik-cache, Cache, Data, System.
3. Choose Install in TWRP Menu.
4. Choose your ROM destination (Internal Storage or Micro SD Card).
5. Choose the .zip file.
6. Swipe to install the ROM.
7. IMPORTANT! After the ROM is installed successfully, don't choose Reboot System.
Flash these files: Fix GPS, Fix Off Charging and Fix Battery.
8. Restart to System.
More information about this ROM:
http://www.sandroidteam.com/2016/12/custom-rom-slim-lp-015-samsung-galaxy.html
Download ROM and Fixes:
https://bom.to/fp71U5
Kernel source: Here

Last edited:

n0obBoy

Dec 30, 2019
Hello, can you port the cm12.1 made for core prime to core 2 keeping the stock kernel? Because i have used the one ih24n made and his one had bugs and wasn't stable for daily use and his sandroid kernel slows down games drastically for whatever reason and these issues exists in all the roms i got from him.

Or just a detailed guide for porting a core prime rom to core 2 keeping the stock kernel will just do a lot for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It doesn't work for me on a Galaxy Core 2 SM-G355HM, the rom installs successfully, but when I reset the phone, it ends up stuck in a bootloop with the boot animation. Is there any fix?
    The author of the original custom ROM (@Ih24n) only has a SM-G355H model, so the ROM might not compatible with M/HN. You should try other custom ROMs. Sorry.