Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
- Nov 6, 2011
SlimLP - Android 5.1.1
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam works together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.
SlimLP is currently in alpha/beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and offers the following original features:
- Slim Dialer
- A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.
- Privacy guard
- Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.
- Slim Center [WIP]
- Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
- Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
- Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
- Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - Customize it the way you like it.
Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, is still working on our custom Gapps. For now please, use those provided here.
I only accept proper bug reports. This means you always have to attach logs and use DevDB to report bugs instead of cluttering the thread.
Hint: "It doesn't work" is not a bug report.
Screenshots | Bugtracker
The builds can be found on my build server.
Want Double Tap To Wake enabled by default? Flash this!
In no particular order:
SlimLP for Sony Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: SlimRoms
Last Updated 2015-05-03