• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][5.1.1] SM-P601 P601XXDOK4 Binh24Mod v1.0

Search This thread

s2mishappy

Sep 17, 2014
------Solution--------------------------------------
1. Install free "Package Disabler" Or 'Titanium BackUp' from Google Play Store.

2. Launch this app, search for "SecurityLogAgent".

3. Then disable/freeze it.

Do not do anything else. That's it.

Result: You will not see this annoying notification again.
Thank you very much for your help.
It seems to be working now.... no more disturbing warning hehehe

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

manish_k_yadav

Dec 1, 2009
Did you flash twrp after you flashed the rom? I am failing to get recovery flashed.

Hi, Philztouch recovery worked for me perfectly.

After flashing the Original ROM - please make sure that you enable USB Debugging in Developer Options (by tapping on Build number 7 times). Then connect your laptop to the tablet and 'enable the computer RSA Key Fingerprint on your tablet'.

After this, Please Flash Philztouch recovery through Odin.

Make sure that you choose the option- to prevent writing default recovery in the Philztouch recovery options. I don't remember where, but somewhere it asks you - do you want to prevent loading Default Recovery - you should choose 'yes'.

After installing the Philztouch recovery, if you want, you may install the TWRP Recovery using Philztouch recovery. Download TWRP Recovery from here

Attachments

• philz_touch_6.48.4-lt03wifiue.tar.md5.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 88
  • philz_touch_6.48.4-lt03wifiue.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: z31k

timberland88

Jul 2, 2013
Did you flash twrp after you flashed the rom. I am failing to get recovery flashed.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk
I tried to but didnt work and ended up reflashing the Lollipop ROM as my device wouldn't boot. There is a thread available on how to successfully flash TWRP though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

manish_k_yadav

Dec 1, 2009
Did you flash twrp after you flashed the rom. I am failing to get recovery flashed.

I tried to but didnt work and ended up reflashing the Lollipop ROM as my device wouldn't boot.

After your flash the Original ROM, please just follow the instructions as Post 22 above.

Using Odin you can install "Philztouch recovery"
(Note that you need to Disable the Auto-Reboot option in Odin, while flashing Philztouch Recovery, And upon successful flashing, you should manually boot into Recovery by pressing the Home button+Volume Up+Power button )

and then,

Using "Philztouch Recovery" you can flash "Twrp-2.8.7.0-lt03ltexx-4.4.zip"
Then follow the instructions as in Post 5
That was the only way I could get this ROM installed over the stock rom. I came from the kitkat 4.4.2. And it took me 2 days to sort things out. But, now i feel it's worth it ....really great work done by binh24

Last edited:
Reactions: xtacy1

xtacy1

Mar 29, 2011
After your flash the Original ROM, please just follow the instructions as Post 22 above.

Using Odin you can install "Philztouch recovery"
(Note that you need to Disable the Auto-Reboot option in Odin, while flashing Philztouch Recovery, And upon successful flashing, you should manually boot into Recovery by pressing the Home button+Volume Up+Power button )

and then,

Using "Philztouch Recovery" you can flash "Twrp-2.8.7.0-lt03ltexx-4.4.zip"
Then follow the instructions as in Post 5
That was the only way I could get this ROM installed over the stock rom. I came from the kitkat 4.4.2. And it took me 2 days to sort things out. But, now i feel it's worth it ....really great work done by binh24

Thank you for the info
Tried it the way you stated and all worked out perfectly, was able to flash recovery without error. The recovery just seems to take a bit of time to boot but works with no problems.

manish_k_yadav

Dec 1, 2009
Xposed Framework

The following version works for me:
All info from Wanam's thread (here)
How to install:
- Install Xposed Installer App
- Download and Copy "xposed-v80.0-sdk22-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-20160211" and the "xposed-uninstaller" to your sdcard
- Flash only the Xposed-v80.0-sdk file through TWRP recovery (I used Twrp-2.8.7.0)
- Reboot

- After Xposed Framework,
You can install the Wanam Xposed Module (from here) & YouTube Adaway (from here)

Another, great little app for blocking ads in apps is AdAway (click here)

For Floating Youtube player and additional options you can install the OGYoutube here

Attachments

• AdAway_Jan.12.2016.apk
    5.4 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

amir_s_m

Jul 24, 2011
Is it just me or "screen mirroring" is not working?
Selecting "screen mirroring" in settings closes settings.
Any ideas??

manish_k_yadav

Dec 1, 2009
Any ideas??
Screen Mirroring does NOT work for me, too.

Finally got the solution.
I flashed the Stock p601xxudok4 deodexed, debloated, rooted ROM by pcparaosamigos from this link
But it needs to be flashed by "ShevT TWRP-3.0.0-0-lt03xx" download from here
I just did a wipe Cache and Dalvik/ART Cache and installed. No factory reset. Do not use the TWRP Root options - as the ROM is already rooted.
"Screen Mirroring" is working normally now.

Last edited:

sahcan44

Apr 5, 2009
[/COLOR]I use TWRP 3.0.0 by SHEVT. works very well. I use my own rom.[/QUOTE]

dear firend
now ı am using Shevt RR cm12 rom Version 5.5.9 Bye Bye Lollipop (Android 5.1.1) SM-P601 whitout any problems ı want your rom ı trıed but evertime black screen
please help ı flashed shevt TWRP 3.0 But again black screen and not working

Jan 31, 2016
ROM SM-P601 P601XXDOK4 (New Firmware release)

This will trip KNOX....
So you have been warned about all possible consequences. I am not responsible of anything that can happens to your device.
Please test and report.

Video Preview:

Latest firmware from Samsung P601XXDOK4 LL 5.1.1
Stock.
Deodexed.
Zipaligned.
Not Root ( to root flash SuperSU HERE )

FrameWork:
- 5 Way Reboot TW lollipop
SystemUI :
- Add new effects (WaterDroplet,SparklingBubbles,LensFlare,POPPINGCOLOURS )
- Mod quick icon Note 5 MM 6.0
- Recent bar trans
- Hide backup password text and icon.
Secsetting:
- Remove Power Saving Notification
- Change Modified device status to Normal
Touchwiz home:
- Note 5 icon mod ( folder, all app button)
- SoundAlive_20 support all bluetooth
- CSC tweak and mod
- Enable SD card write permittion

Backup FIRST

- Reboot in Recovery, Power off then push Power and volume up for 3 seconds, release buttons. Wait until TWRP load.
Factory reset and wipe all but Internal and SDcard.
Flash the ROM in recovery with TWRP 2.8.7.0. After flashing if TWRP ask to fix root, DO NOT INSTALL!

Downloads:
P601DOK4ModBinh24 Deoxed

AirCommand Note 5 _for_Note 10.1 2014 (Android 5.1.1)
Download HERE

PRESS THANKS NOW
Link to rom is not available. Error :webpage is not available. PLEASE help

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

In my own rom works normal.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I use TWRP 3.0.0 by SHEVT. works very well. I use my own rom.
Can you please send me the link of the ROM because I'm unable to download this ROM as webpage is not available for given link. I'm using official android 5.1.1 on Samsung Note p601. Awaiting your reply

May 11, 2012

I flashed the Stock p601xxudok4 deodexed, debloated, rooted ROM by pcparaosamigos from this link
I just did a wipe Cache and Dalvik/ART Cache and installed. No factory reset. Do not use the TWRP Root options - as the ROM is already rooted.

Great it's working for you. I'm still stuck on the black screen every time I try to install the rom.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

ROM downloaded & also latest twrp by shevT. Only result I'm getting is black screen on boot. Tried installing rom many times but result is the same. Can you please post any different method that I can try?

pcparaosamigos

Apr 18, 2015
Rio de Janeiro
Great it's working for you. I'm still stuck on the black screen every time I try to install the rom.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

ROM downloaded & also latest twrp by shevT. Only result I'm getting is black screen on boot. Tried installing rom many times but result is the same. Can you please post any different method that I can try?
I added in the first post everything related to rom, and also possible ways to avoid mistakes. take a read more calmly that can help you.

Sent from my SM-P601 using XDA-Developers mobile app

pcparaosamigos

Apr 18, 2015
Rio de Janeiro
im not flashing stock 5.1.1, is it working KK4.4.2 bootloader?
I do not know if it works with the bootloader KK 4.4.2. My LP is 5.1.1. I believe that works. use the TWRP recovery posted along the rom. The TWRP.ME posted an update that works well, but is not compatible with the ROM, to identify the device as LT03WIFIUE not as LT033G that is right.

Last edited:

duvanme

Sep 16, 2006
I do not know if it works with the bootloader KK 4.4.2. My LP is 5.1.1. I believe that works. use the TWRP recovery posted along the rom. The TWRP.ME posted an update that works well, but is not compatible with the ROM, to identify the device as LT03WIFIUE not as LT033G that is right.

hmm thanks. can you hellp me for flashable zip? I need sboot.bin(KK, include coı2,cof1 etc.) for flash twrp.

pcparaosamigos

Apr 18, 2015
Rio de Janeiro
hmm thanks. can you hellp me for flashable zip? I need sboot.bin(KK, include coı2,cof1 etc.) for flash twrp.
I do not really have these files because I have no KK rom. You can purchase these files direct from stock rom, renaming and deleting the .MD5 extension and extracting the files you want and direct flashing TWRP by simply changing in ZIP INSTALL option to IMAGE.

Sent from my SM-P601 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This will trip KNOX....
    So you have been warned about all possible consequences. I am not responsible of anything that can happens to your device.
    Please test and report.

Video Preview:

Stock.
    Deodexed.
    Zipaligned.

FrameWork:
    SystemUI :
    - Recent bar trans
    Secsetting:
    Touchwiz home:
    - CSC tweak and mod

Backup FIRST

- Reboot in Recovery, Power off then push Power and volume up for 3 seconds, release buttons. Wait until TWRP load.
    Flash the ROM in recovery with TWRP 2.8.7.0. After flashing if TWRP ask to fix root, DO NOT INSTALL!

Downloads:
    P601DOK4ModBinh24 Deoxed

Download HERE

PRESS THANKS NOW
    How To Flash This ROM + SuperSU

Flash stock P601XXDOK4 ROM then my ROM
    TO enable PT-BR you can try to delete language.xml on system/csc

This will trip KNOX....
    Please test and report.

Video Preview:

Stock.
    Deodexed.
    Zipaligned.

FrameWork:
    SystemUI :
    - Recent bar trans
    Secsetting:
    Touchwiz home:
    - CSC tweak and mod

Backup FIRST

Downloads:
    P601DOK4ModBinh24 Deoxed

Download HERE

PRESS THANKS NOW

Finally I have succeeded to flash this good looking ROM on my SM-P601, these are the steps;
    (Please follow and read properly)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Download deodexed DOJ5 ROM from the next door thread (Official Deodexed)
    2. As usual, put it on your SDCard
    3. Boot into TWRP, for me, I use TWRP 2.8.76
    4. Flash the deodexed DOJ5 ROM til its done (by default it will install SuperSU 2.52)
    5. When DOJ5 is done, do clean dalvik and cache, just those 2 and no others
    6. Then flash this modded DOK4 ROM and wait til its done
    **Though this modded DOK4 is deodexed, it has no root access which it will conflict with the previous installed DOJ5 and it may cause boot failure or bootloop, thus, you need systemless SuperSU
    7. Next is to flash SuperSU 2.66 (I haven't tried using CF AutoRoot)
    8. When everything is complete, again do clean dalvik and cache
    9. Boot to system without installing SuperSU from TWRP (it will ruin systemless SuperSU 2.66)
    **REMEMBER TO NEVER INSTALL SUPERSU FROM TWRP IT WILL BREAK ROOT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Result are shown by attached picture
    1. Base ROM is DOK4
    2. Baseband is DOJ4
    3. Note 5 Icons and appearance
    4. Root access
    5. Ext SDCard access R/W
    6. 5 ways on reboot menu (on restart option)
    7. Camera is working
    8. Latest Google Play
    9. Updated Galaxy Apps
    10. ViperFX Working
    11. Air Command Working (Disable default air command if you wish to use this new looks)

That's all folks, enjoy the ROM and please be kind to say thank you on binh24' wonderful work for our beloved SM-P601.

Maaciiih cemuaaah...... Salam dari Jakarta
    In my own rom works normal.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I use TWRP 3.0.0 by SHEVT. works very well. I use my own rom.
    Flash stock P601XXDOK4 ROM then my ROM
    TO enable PT-BR you can try to delete language.xml on system/csc

You didn't explain the word "then" is it clean or dirty flash, anyway, I have tried both ways to flash your ROM.

1. Dirty Flash
    The ROM was successfully flashed, but when I go for setting, it FC.

2. Clean Flash
    It won't boot at all, stop on blank screen after Samsung logo.

I have tried both ways, without any mods, SuperSU or any additional apps. Thus, I believe, your ROM is conflicting with the original stock. This is almost the same as the other deodexed DOK4 ROM, while the DOJ5 ROM seems working nicely.

Perhaps it is better to play around with DOJ5 ROM instead of DOK4, or maybe you can find the error on future development. Thanks for your wonderful effort, your ROM surely looks better than the stock, just need some fixing. Keep up the work.
    Any ideas??