[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo

Search This thread

kenzo1984

May 6, 2015
Taranto
www.facebook.com
Some bugs I encountered:
Don't know if that was posted already... but with this ROM it happens sometime that my apps disappear on the homescreen. I can swipe between the screens but there are empty. When I start the app menu and close it, the apps are visible now.

Also in the quick settings it happened that the 'bluetooth on/off switch' tile just disappeared. I had to edit the tiles to make it show up again.

@Rox when device is in power save mode (orange statusbar) the contents of folders in homescreen becomes invisible. I tried other KK & LP based launchers but same behaviour happens. I don't know why but it could be related to CM12.1 code.

NuclearGandhi

Mar 9, 2015
Icon Pack Bug

Hello Rox! Thank you for this AMAZING ROM!
I just wanted to say that some apps, like ROM manger, crashes when I want to download a backup, while a custom icon is applied to it.
Another example is Xmod, which craches too when I launch the a game (and an icon is applied to it). I'm not sure if this the ROM problem, but it never happened to me before (on other ROMS).

PS I also used different launchers, still no luck.

celloke77

May 3, 2015
i finaly got this rom installed!!!
on ext sd no luck,always the mssg bad and not installed...
all the other roms installing by this way but no luck on cm 12.1
also installed different stock roms to try again but nothing..
then i downoaded this rom and gapps again on internal sd and yes finaly it was installing i made a full wipe exept the internal sd i did not wipe...
testing for 3 days now and have too say wow.... perfect rom
fast,and everything is working on my phone...
now i love my neo+ (i9301i)
thnx ROX you are great :) :D

shecklerica

Jan 27, 2015
Review

Awesome rom ! As somebody said,there is a bug on yt ,it is stutterin at 0:06-0:07 and on my device ,the battery life is pretty weak compared to cm12. maybe it's only on my device,i dont know. looking forward for updates !

Reactions: maxxim62

Ransomium

Jan 1, 2015
Is it necessary for me to be in f2fs to update?

Sent from my GT-I9300I using XDA Free mobile app

ezantera

Jan 23, 2011
Home key do not work sometimes, power key lag or do not work at all sometimes. Battery 20% worse then stock kitkat. Clean install.

Matsjo

Sep 7, 2014
No problems so far

I've been using the ROM for a few days and haven't run into ány problems so far. Camera works, no noticeable battery problems or slowdown. It's looking like another winner to me.

dragoonk

Nov 6, 2014
Probably the best ROM you made. Battery life is pretty awesome, it's smooth, no slow downs, less hiccups than every before. I only had one random reboot, when using Facebook messenger intensely, but I had that with all CM ROM's from what I can remember.
Great work!

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Wi-fi disconnects when the device is asleep

I did clean install and the device generally works very well. Good work.

However wi-fi connection disconnects after the device goes asleep. The opinion "Wi-Fi is also active in sleep mode" is set to always, so it is supposed to keep active. Is it a bug or just my device is messed up somehow?

Reactions: dlewando

shecklerica

Jan 27, 2015
battery

what should i do if i have battery issues? i was good with 12 till i got this update. its only me ? i get -2% every 5-10 minutes

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
what should i do if i have battery issues? i was good with 12 till i got this update. its only me ? i get -2% every 5-10 minutes

You can try to calibrate the battery using an app, set brighness for a fixed small amount and check if you don't have too much wakelocks. Once I had to clean data of Google Play because it was broken somehow and it did tons of wakelocks. The wakelocks you can easily check using BetterBatteryStats.

I recommend you check these links:
http://www.droidviews.com/calibrate-battery-android-devices-get-better-performance/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827676
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2171461
http://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-0-0-hour-idle-battery-drain-stock-t2973588

Reactions: shecklerica

Sectorian

Apr 27, 2013
I have this problem too.
And my battery stats plus apk say that every single apk is working normal whitout wakelock or something else.
I think the problem is coming from CM.
Its true that the last version of CM12 was werry optimized.
Watching a movie around 25min i 100 charged battery is draining to 83% down.
I berly got 3h in screen time.
In last cm12 i got 4h and 30min max.

Last edited:
Reactions: shecklerica

ThunderBlue70

May 9, 2015
StandBy Wi-Fi Problem

I did clean install and the device generally works very well. Good work.

However wi-fi connection disconnects after the device goes asleep. The opinion "Wi-Fi is also active in sleep mode" is set to always, so it is supposed to keep active. Is it a bug or just my device is messed up somehow?

I have the same "problem". :/

Yes same problem for me from gt-i9301i

Ot: Hi all and Good Work @Rox :good:

Reactions: Pildik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

android-5.1-lollipop-update1.jpg

CyanogenMod 12.1 for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo ( GT-I9301I, GT-I9301Q and GT-I9300I )

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs and changelogs are in 2nd post !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

1. Download the ROM from the link below
    2. Download GAPPS
    3. Transfer the zip files to your SD card
    4.. Reboot to recovery mode ( Vol UP + Home + Power )
    Note: It is highly recommended to use TWRP recovery
    5. Optional: Do nandroid backup
    6. Wipe data / Factory Reset
    Note: Needed if you are updating from other andorid version or stock
    7. Install CM zip and GApps zip
    8. Reboot to system
    Enjoy! ;)

Download

Source

Check out the ROM Source available on Github.
    Feel free to submit any fixes, Just remember to give proper credits when using other people's source.

If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( r.rozic97@gmail.com ) because "Donate" option is not available in my country. Thanks. :)

Credits

TeamCanjica
    Cyanogenmod team
    k2wl, aapav01 and mukulsoni mates from Grand2
    arco68 for help about camera and LPM
    Sekil for his dual-sim ril fixes
    Várk for testing on dual-sim variant
    _wook_ for help with debugging
    If i missed someone contact me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Contributors
    Rox
    Source Code: https://github.com/MSM8226-Samsung

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 4.4.x firmware
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: cm-12.1-20151225
    Stable Release Date: 2015-12-25

Created 2015-05-03
    Last Updated 2015-12-26
    Reserved

Bugs and Issues (25/12) :
    • Offline charging
    • Some devices have non-working camera because they have different sensor - FIX
    • NFC ( lack of sources )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    25/12 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Updated kernel source

11/11 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Completely fixed audio in calls ( GT-9300I )
    22/10 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Audio glitches fixed
    07/10 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Various kernel updates
    18/09 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Switched to BFQ IO scheduler
    • Updated Media codecs from caf

11/07 :
    • CM Sources update

18/05 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Enable Ambient display feature
    • Camera fixes
    • RIL update

03/05 :
    • Initial release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next Version :
    • /
    Using F2FS:
    What it is? Wikipedia

To use it you should first convert your EXT4 partitions through recovery, before installing this ROM.

Download and install this TWRP version: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56085899&postcount=2
    Wipe->advanced wipe
    Select cache->change or repair file system->f2fs
    Select data->change or repair file system->f2fs (Warning: internal storage is formatted, make a backup of your personal data before doing this!)
    Tips :
    • To activate Developer settings : Settings -> About phone -> press Build number 7 times
    • To activate 3-way reboot go to Developer settings and select "Advanced reboot"
    • Root is disabled by default, enable it from Developer settings - Root access
    New version is UP!

Changelog:
    18/09 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Fix LPM charging
    • Switched to BFQ IO scheduler
    • Updated Media codecs from caf

If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( r.rozic97@gmail.com ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)

DOWNLOAD
    New version is UP!

It was built 11 Nov and it took some time to test... Soon there will be new final release

Changelog:
    11/11 :
    • CM Sources update
    • Fully fixed audio in calls ( GT-I9300I )

If you want to support my work you can donate me coffe. Use "Send payment" option on paypal ( r.rozic97@gmail.com ) because "Donate" option is not available in my contry. Thanks. :)

DOWNLOAD
    Guys, you have no idea how much time i spent on this project to bring 99% bugfree CM to s3 neo. Show some respect. I have private life and i am busy, i will release update as soon as i can. If you dont like me as maintainer go pray to someone else. I said i will release this week and i will try to do that tomorrow, deal ? Just dont annoy with Stupid posts about new update and enjoy CM , be happy you have possibility to install it on your device