• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth v4.0 | Galaxy-Note (quincyatt)

Search This thread

pointdooly

Oct 19, 2011
Los Angeles
To clarify overclocking was mentioned in the description however its not present in the rom, and there are a few people throwing around "uber kernel" and associating it with this rom, it is also not present. Just from the description clarification and debate settlement I think my post was warranted, maybe too light hearted for Your taste I didn't mean offence to you or the op, but hell there was a bunch of wild speculation And a misprint am I not allowed to have a little fun?
Ps Only a noob would flame out NOOB without further investigation of the guy he was flaming

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

my apologies, I didn't mean your rom specifically just the general concept of lollipop roms on i717. what would a 6gb part do for the device that would help it's operation Esp in context w/ a custom kernel? I haven't fully tested the rom but I think maybe the primary issue for me on 4.4 and up is the poor frame rate, I just think the adreno 220 just can't handle it w/o a little help. are you saying that the other performance issues associated with these roms is related to the data partition size? Please explain how and I may help

Love to see modified 2GB Partition to any larger size. Without larger size it is really hard to enjoy and play with these new ROMs.
I personally found few PIT files of different version and variances of Galaxy NOTEs but never seen one for i717.
Love to hear good news!

Ammly

Mar 24, 2014
Nairobi
Storage Space Running Out

No need to come here grading my work or my thread! Nobody is making you flash this or any other ROM. Next time please try to be helpful and not so judging please? Uber is NOT going to fix anything with this device until we have repartitioned it with at least 6GB for the data. You could help there if you'd like?

Sent from my One Max using Tapatalk

Thanks for this Rom, I tried it and it works perfectly. The only thing is this device has very little data partition, is there a way to increase the partition size?:fingers-crossed:

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Why won't this flash with 287 twrp from twrp page? It will flash, but I keep getting a system UI has stopped. Can't complete set up

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Flashed this Sunday morning and it's running well for me. Came from your latest PAC ROM and can say the performance seems a bit better with this one. And seems pretty solid stability wise.
Which recovery you use?

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Hello,

I flashed LS V4 for my Note i717 with minimalist gapps using TWRP. I really enjoy it so far and would like to see if you can help with an issue.

I am fairly proficient with flashing mods so I got through that process fine. I use this phone as my Uber driver phone so have barely anything installed on it. (Uber partner app, Google maps, mileage log, Gmail, one cloud, and system maintenance apps like no bloat and xbooster set to multitasking) When I am doing something as simple as going through the settings, it will freeze, then reboot. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but if this happens while I am driving for Uber, I can lose a fare, so I'd like to get it figured out.

I haven't changed any of the default settings in the performance section, because although I have a basic understanding, I don't know enough to go messing with those. I do really enjoy this mod and having lollipop on the device, so I'd like to figure out these kinks. Any assistance is appreciated and I am somewhat noobish on this so please keep the responses with detailed info and layman terms.
Which twrp?

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
I don't think recovery is causing your issue. Make sure you're wiping the device properly. I sent you a link in your messages for my version of twrp.
Can you reiterate how to wipe? I did what your o.p said

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I don't think recovery is causing your issue. Make sure you're wiping the device properly. I sent you a link in your messages for my version of twrp.
Do I wipe data, system ,caches, dalvik and wipe internal storage?

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Can you reiterate how to wipe? I did what your o.p said

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Do I wipe data, system ,caches, dalvik and wipe internal storage?

DO NOT wipe internal storage! That's where your rom is located that you will be flashing. Do wipe the data, system ,cache, & dalvik. Then just flash the rom without gapps. See how that goes for ya. Unfortunately most of my roms were deleted from the internet by one of our team members. It was not an accident but an honest mistake as this person thought they were cleaning up our file host. So maybe ask around here which rom folks are using or if they have a stable version. I no longer build for the device as it's too old and doesn't have new enough blobs to boot any more.

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
DO NOT wipe internal storage! That's where your rom is located that you will be flashing. Do wipe the data, system ,cache, & dalvik. Then just flash the rom without gapps. See how that goes for ya. Unfortunately most of my roms were deleted from the internet by one of our team members. It was not an accident but an honest mistake as this person thought they were cleaning up our file host. So maybe ask around here which rom folks are using or if they have a stable version. I no longer build for the device as it's too old and doesn't have new enough blobs to boot any more.
No...I use an external sd card to place my roms and other zips at. I even keep my back ups on external sd. I figured if I wiped internal, I could get a good flash

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Maybe I should mount system in recovery?

chris1892006

Jun 29, 2018
Maybe try not the latest but this one instead?

I'm testing until I find the one that works for Facebook Messenger video conference call
http://www.devfiles.co/download/fAgtiEoX/gapps-lp-20150314.zip
https://www.teamandroid.com/gapps/

LS-LP-v4.1-2015-04-28-liquid_quincyatt.zip _____ Installed fine

LS-LP-v4.1-2015-06-20-liquid_quincyatt.zip ______ Installed & Works fine so use this one I would recommend

LS-LP-v4.1-2015-08-31-liquid_quincyatt.zip UPDATE Don't use it - Binary Error in TWRP
LS-LP-v4.1-2015-09-08-liquid_quincyatt.zip - System UI Error ?? Unusable

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

deadman96385

jsnweitzel

johnnysIt

santod040

Somber73

TheBr0ken

CPA-Poke

Cdub50

Features​

Code:
    * Sabermod 4.8.4 GCC Toolchain
    * Kernel based on Candy5 
    * LCD KCAL control
    * Disabled forced encryption
    * Tweaked CPU governors
    * Voltage control
    * CPU overclocking 
    * FauxSound 
    * LiquidSmooth build optimizations
    * Black UI
    * Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
    * Custom toast animations
    * Option to disable screenshot noise
    * Built in superuser options with Root access options
    * Call blacklist options
    * SMS rate limiting option
    * Filter spam notifications
    * Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
    * Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
    * Safe headset volume option
    * Less annoying sound notifications option
    * Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    * Option to custimize device hostname
    * Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
    * Volume rocker wake up
    * IME switcher notification control
    * Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    * Force autorotation on IME
    * Option to force show enter key
    * CM's Privacy Guard
    * Increasing ringtone option
    * Dark UI (primarily in Settings for now)
    * Screen Density changer
    * Statusbar clock customization
    * Option to disable searchbar in recents
    * Statusbar brightness control
    * Double tap statusbar to sleep control
    * Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
    * Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
    * Google bug report and ota removed
    * Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
    * Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
    * Developer options enabled by default
    * Navigation bar height control
    * Show application package name in app info
    * LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
    * Partition size info
    * Option to disable immersive messages

SOURCE LINKS:
    ROM SOURCE
    KERNEL SOURCE

ROM DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LiquidSmooth, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-06-20
    Last Updated 2015-06-20
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this from does not have uber kernel, -1 for having it in the description and c- for 5.1 on quincy cause it needs it.
    No need to come here grading my work or my thread! Nobody is making you flash this or any other ROM. Next time please try to be helpful and not so judging please? Uber is NOT going to fix anything with this device until we have repartitioned it with at least 6GB for the data. You could help there if you'd like?

To clarify overclocking was mentioned in the description however its not present in the rom, and there are a few people throwing around "uber kernel" and associating it with this rom, it is also not present. Just from the description clarification and debate settlement I think my post was warranted, maybe too light hearted for Your taste I didn't mean offence to you or the op, but hell there was a bunch of wild speculation And a misprint am I not allowed to have a little fun?
    Ps Only a noob would flame out NOOB without further investigation of the guy he was flaming

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

my apologies, I didn't mean your rom specifically just the general concept of lollipop roms on i717. what would a 6gb part do for the device that would help it's operation Esp in context w/ a custom kernel? I haven't fully tested the rom but I think maybe the primary issue for me on 4.4 and up is the poor frame rate, I just think the adreno 220 just can't handle it w/o a little help. are you saying that the other performance issues associated with these roms is related to the data partition size? Please explain how and I may help
    The data partition is only 2GB and it's getting filled up too quickly. Gapps alone can fill it actually but if we had more space, that would help the device run better. I'm trying to flash a pit file that I've edited to give up 6GB of data partition. Odin will not flash it for me so that's what I was mentioning you could help with if you wanted. Also the CPU isn't going to handle LP as we would like it to but there isn't much we can do about that.

I still am in love with Candy5 but yet liquidsmooth is also good. Is this Rom more stable? What I know is that you can overclock your device using liquidsmooth rom as it uses uber kernel. Ill just wait till the rom becomes official. Or until it is popular :)
    You sure about the "uber" kernel?

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this from does not have uber kernel, -1 for having it in the description and c- for 5.1 on quincy cause it needs it.
    Take another look my friend. There is no "uber" in the description (OP).
    :eek:

EDIT: -1 for grading a Recognized Contributor, noob~!
    Need a Uber ?

If you love Uber so much, download the app and let them come pick you up. :), . . .

I Give props to the devs that are still developing roms for the MSM8660 Qualcomm devices, cant wait for Android M lol .:good::D