• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM] [5.1.1] ZMoD (09/09)

zzpianoman

Jun 25, 2008
New York
I hate doing this, but... looks I have a hardware failure again. My maguro is working fine, but it's draining battery like hell (since about two weeks), ranging from 6 to 12% per hour, even using the 4.1 and 4.3 factory images in airplane mode. I tried just about everything I could, replaced what I could (USB board, sensors, battery), but still... it deep sleeps fine (actually, it spends 98% of the standby time in deep sleep), there's nothing suspicious in dmesg (as it's deep sleeping). :crying:
While it's perfectly usable as a dev-only phone in this state, I can't use it as my main phone like this, as I need to keep it on the charger constantly - I charge every morning, and it just discharges on it's own by afternoon, which is ridiculous.
So I'd like to request some help from you guys - there's a maguro locally for about $74 in perfect condition, which would be awesome for me. If just every 100th downloader of my ROMs last builds would have donated $1, I'd have enough money to buy that maguro in days - same if every downloader of my last builds would have donated just one cent. :)
Alternatively, if someone has a spare maguro and is willing to ship it, that would be awesome as well. But beware that shipping from the US to the EU is very expensive (can be even more expensive than that local maguro) :(
Of course, I'm open to any ideas about what to try next, but I don't think there's any option left :/

What's weird is this same exact thing has been happening to me on my toro - quick battery drain, deep sleep 98 percent of the time, nothing suspicious in battery stats.

I know you said you tried this using 4.1 factory image in airplane mode - but is it possible that after you flashed the factory image you were connected to the internet just long enough for google play services to update itself?

Looking at the AppOps allow/deny counters on my device, I can see that google play services as well as Android System have been using location an absurd number of times (some 50-60 thousand instances). I reset these every few days - so it's definitely abnormally high. Also, keep awake and wakeup counters for both play services and android system are in the same range (50 thousand+) all of this while battery stats and cpu "time in state" appear normal (good deep sleep, and nothing that is registering held wakelocks).

Reactions: Reptilez_DK

Punkiderma

Oct 15, 2010
Turin
I hate doing this, but... looks I have a hardware failure again. My maguro is working fine, but it's draining battery like hell (since about two weeks), ranging from 6 to 12% per hour, even using the 4.1 and 4.3 factory images in airplane mode. I tried just about everything I could, replaced what I could (USB board, sensors, battery), but still... it deep sleeps fine (actually, it spends 98% of the standby time in deep sleep), there's nothing suspicious in dmesg (as it's deep sleeping). :crying:
While it's perfectly usable as a dev-only phone in this state, I can't use it as my main phone like this, as I need to keep it on the charger constantly - I charge every morning, and it just discharges on it's own by afternoon, which is ridiculous.
So I'd like to request some help from you guys - there's a maguro locally for about $74 in perfect condition, which would be awesome for me. If just every 100th downloader of my ROMs last builds would have donated $1, I'd have enough money to buy that maguro in days - same if every downloader of my last builds would have donated just one cent. :)
Alternatively, if someone has a spare maguro and is willing to ship it, that would be awesome as well. But beware that shipping from the US to the EU is very expensive (can be even more expensive than that local maguro) :(
Of course, I'm open to any ideas about what to try next, but I don't think there's any option left :/
Your (but not only yours :) ) hard work will save me a lot of money for a while, since using ZMod make me happy with my Galaxy Nexus! So, even if are not so much money, I'm very happy to donate something! Thanks!

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Szentes
That's why I love the Galaxy Nexus community - thanks to all of you guys, I have enough money to buy that maguro now. Don't worry, my work on this phone won't stop anytime soon, there's still much to do :) Thanks again! Having this drainer should speed up development as well, as I can test some experimental stuff on it before I flash it to my primary phone :D

Last edited:

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
Really nice to hear that you already had enough donations, I think a little more euros could come handy too...
I was going to donate you anyways, your work on the galaxy nexus is really remarkable! Thank you :)
------
About the last build: i tried with my Philips SHL3005BK, they work as a headset too, with the latest build I can stop and resume music with the inbuilt button and accept and close calls, so the recent cahnges works for me, bug is fixed.

Last edited:

superforever360

Feb 20, 2015
because you do wipe cache
What do you mean?

I wipe cache with f2fs and boot into Android.

Go back to Recovery to double check it is back to ext4.

BTW, the latest ROM is quite smooth so far and I still got over 100MB Ram free with fb and fb messenger, whatsapp, wechat installed. Which I cannot with the 5.1 or cm12.

Thanks a lot for the great ROM.

Last edited:

h1h0silver

Mar 14, 2014
thanks ziyann for the awesome work.

has the following commit been added to the latest ZMod to get rid of the green band in recorded videos?

github.com/zzpianoman/android_frameworks_av/commit/4dd20cf8df10e3f71897b01b0b4849b93ad8d6c0

thanks

sharathnair_2190

May 8, 2012
Mumbai
Review after 3days of usage....so far the ROM is super smooth...1:- only problem i have till now is with the home screen... U can only add widget to the home screen, cannot add new screen.... 2:- power control widget missing 3:- gesture typing in aosp keyboard gives an error... 4:- latest problem is Nw with the flashlight I.e added in the notification area...when u turn on and off for about 2-3 times ,flashlight will stop responding and phone freezes and only option u have is to take out the battery and restart d phone......

Note: I am not demoralising the developer with this bugs.. But trying to help by reporting the bugs....cheers..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: Ziyan

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
thanks ziyann for the awesome work.

has the following commit been added to the latest ZMod to get rid of the green band in recorded videos?

github.com/zzpianoman/android_frameworks_av/commit/4dd20cf8df10e3f71897b01b0b4849b93ad8d6c0

thanks
+1 for this patch, @Ziyan have you by chance had a chance to check it out? I am using it on CM12.1 (with the DDK 1.9 driver) on toro and toroplus. I had to modify the flag from OMAP_TUNA to DOMX_TUNA. It's more of a hack than a true fix, but the green band is gone on all video resolutions using the rear camera, without cropping. Videos taken with the front camera still have issues for me, but so does the front camera video preview.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziyan

ptmax13

Mar 30, 2012
Heraklion
I've noticed that the /system partition is 99% full.
I use adaway and when it tries to add to the hosts file, it gives me an "not enough space" error.
I've checked with Solid Explorer and it says the "Root" partition ( I guess that's the /system) has 4 KB free of 643.70 MB.