• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][5.1.1_r1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop - Amami [LMY47V][2015/04/24]

Search This thread

rzlatic

Jun 20, 2012
LV-426
seems like official nightly lacks recovery too, so newcomers should go for twrp or flash boot.img from cm11 (cwm 6.0.5.1)

can confirm tiny horizontal lines all over the screen 10 or so minutes after first boot up while phone seemed a bit hot. reboot didn't help. i left it to cool down and phone showed no such problem again.

hardware-wise pretty much everything works (bt audio is still reported as non functional). apart of the fact that this is first official nightly and overall cm12 is still fresh so some features aren't polished yet, rom is perfectly usable as a daily driver. thumbs up to everyone involved.

font packages from font-land works ok even they are built for cm11 theme engine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: John.D..

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
...battery life is a bit iffy...

for me battefy life amazing. got 6 hours of SOT the other day and around 13 hours stand by before i was out. used privacy guard to turn off the usual battery hogs like keep awake & wakeup from tapatalk and facebook (chat still comes through via messenger).. also 4G and WiFi always enabled and syncin 5 exchange accounts

ymmv ofc but right now i have the best battery life ive ever had with a smartphone

im on the official nightly as well btw and no problems with smart keyboard, this was installed before though and havent tried installing anything else

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact

nut88

Apr 10, 2011
for me battefy life amazing. got 6 hours of SOT the other day and around 13 hours stand by before i was out. used privacy guard to turn off the usual battery hogs like keep awake & wakeup from tapatalk and facebook (chat still comes through via messenger).. also 4G and WiFi always enabled and syncin 5 exchange accounts

ymmv ofc but right now i have the best battery life ive ever had with a smartphone

im on the official nightly as well btw and no problems with smart keyboard, this was installed before though and havent tried installing anything else

Thanks for the feedback.
I might give it a try.

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
My BT Audio works better now with the latest build - but still has some problems. Sometimes it connects and works perfectly, sometimes it connects but no sound comes out, and sometimes it connects, works for a few seconds, then stops working. However, seems like others don't have any problems at all so it may be specific to certain BT devices - I think try it and see is the only way to find out. Personally, it's a small price to pay for the awesomeness of the rest of this ROM.
I have the same BT issue. And my Smartband disconnect very-very often, need to be reconnect with NFC somtimes 4-5 minute!

naitik2012

Oct 30, 2012
can confirm tiny horizontal lines all over the screen 10 or so minutes after first boot up while phone seemed a bit hot. reboot didn't help. i left it to cool down and phone showed no such problem again.

To @all

if u ppls are facing brightness issues like , its lower down by its own (adaptive brightness off) , screen flickers etc etc .... just go to system > etc > thermalmanager.xml and edit
<control name="backlight">
<mitigation level="off"><value resource="backlight">255</value></mitigation>
<mitigation level="1"><value resource="backlight">255</value></mitigation>
<mitigation level="2"><value resource="backlight">255</value></mitigation>
<mitigation level="3"><value resource="backlight">255</value></mitigation>
<mitigation level="4"><value resource="backlight">255</value></mitigation>
</control>

change every value to 255 (max) so that screen wont get dim when phone is hot ....

or just simply delete below lines CAREFULLY ..
<!-- backlight -->
<configuration sensor="temp-emmc">
<threshold>
<mitigation name="backlight" level="off" />
</threshold>
<threshold trigger="424" clear="412">
<mitigation name="backlight" level="1" />
</threshold>
<threshold trigger="440" clear="428">
<mitigation name="backlight" level="2" />
</threshold>
<threshold trigger="456" clear="444">
<mitigation name="backlight" level="3" />
</threshold>
<threshold trigger="464" clear="452">
<mitigation name="backlight" level="4" />
</threshold>
</configuration>
i advice you to learn (study) about thermalmanager.xml carefully ... its so interesting ..... you can solve out most of the issues like slow charging and others ...
i only edited backlight value because when phone is hot my brightness decrease on its own ( may be thermal threshold trigger) but now i dont have any issues.....
i dont noe why google has implemented thermal threshold for brightness ...

DO IT VERY CAREFULLY... M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODE OR ANYTHING WRONG HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE .. THIS METHOD HAS SOLVED MY BRIGHTNESS ISSUE

Reactions: jdstrydom

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Is F2FS enabled in official CM12 for amami?

I don't think so, f2fs commits are still waiting for review in cm gerrit since cm11 xD

I know amami has official nightlies now, but still I might use this thread for testing purposes,
so Russel5 has told me about a fix for booting to recovery he found,
and it's included in 18/01 build if anyone is interested in tested:

cm-12-20150118-UNOFFICIAL-amami.zip

Regards,
Omar.

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
i have a problem with the adaptive backlight...for me its not working, it just will be like this which i choose manually in the brightness but it is not changeing in the sun or in a dark room.
and also the LED lamp is just one collour but i think its because in cm 11 i used a custom kernal and thats why i had this option to change led color, right?

but the rom is very stable at my phone and everything is working for me except this in the top. So good job and a lot of thanks who bring the cm 12 amamin to work!!!!!!!

- i´m using the 2015-17-01 version

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
Confirm no BT audio on both 20150117-unofficial and 20150118-nightly: headset connects, works for 1-2 seconds and then sound disappears, though quiet white noise from headset indicates that connection is active
Yes! It confirm too!
And one BT bug: File transfer doesn't work, unlike the previous (stock, CM 11) versions... :(
Hmmm...
I can file transfer from phone to PC (Win8), without problem, but can't transfer from the same PC to the same phone...

Last edited:

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
does anybody else has this problem btw? the google search bar doesnt display in recents menu.. i have google search installed and with my N5 and i9100 this works normally..

not a huge deal by any means, im actually waiting for a possible setting so it can be hidden altogether, it just looks annoying [emoji14]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421663815108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421663815108.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 372

Top Liked Posts