[ROM][5.1.1_r1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop - Amami [LMY47V][2015/04/24]

Search This thread

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
I tried this and it did not working for me. Would not boot once I used fastboot to flash the kernel. Please advise guys I'm pulling my hair out here on how to update from 12-20141220-UNOFFICIAL-amami 5.0.2
just install xperia recovery manager from the play store and flash the fota recovery of your choosing from there

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact

paulle

Nov 1, 2010
I tried this and it did not working for me. Would not boot once I used fastboot to flash the kernel. Please advise guys I'm pulling my hair out here on how to update from 12-20141220-UNOFFICIAL-amami 5.0.2

For me it worked fine (i did it with Linux). Don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

Redstarr1

May 19, 2012
Keerbergen

The link you refer to is a recovery, not a kernel. If you flashed a recovery as a kernel, I don't think your phone would boot. To flash the recovery, you should use the command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery fotaZ1C_2.8.4.img
or whatever image you're using.

But first, to get your phone booting again, you'll need a different kernel, so extract the boot.img from 20150117 or an older build (might want to use the boot.img from your 20141220 ROM) and use the command:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Flash the kernel first, then the recovery, then boot to recovery, install the ROM, boot the device. After that you can use Rashr or fastboot again to install TWRP.

@labbe-
I have the Google Search Bar in recents menu, in the unofficial 20150117 ROM, don't know about the nightly, haven't got around to flashing it yet. I did a clean install though, still used KK until 2 days ago.

EDIT: Oops, that was supposed to be fastboot flash boot boot.img and not kernel boot.img :D. That should teach me not to give advice while I'm supposed to be working :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: labbe-

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
@labbe-
I have the Google Search Bar in recents menu, in the unofficial 20150117 ROM, don't know about the nightly, haven't got around to flashing it yet. I did a clean install though, still used KK until 2 days ago.

right, was suspecting that im an odd man out in this.. been dirty flashing between omar's , fxp and now nightly builds since december so there might be my problem.. im also missing the cm camera app from the drawer which isnt a big deal either since i can use google cam [emoji4]

gonna wait for a while if a setting for the recents google bar disable pops up sometime before M1... trying to avoid clean flash since installing and setting up everything from scratch is a PITA (have bad experiences with TiBU where apps restore weird and have to full wipe anyway so not using that anymore)

cheers

Corias

May 12, 2009
Moscow
Tried to flash kernel from 18-unofficial
Code:
c:\ADT\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash kernel boot.img
sending 'kernel' (12356 KB)...
OKAY [  0.393s]
writing 'kernel'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.399s
What I'm doing wrong?

Wind07

Jun 24, 2013
Singapore
Code:
c:\ADT\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash kernel boot.img
sending 'kernel' (12356 KB)...
OKAY [  0.393s]
writing 'kernel'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.399s
What I'm doing wrong?
Its fastboot flash boot boot.img

Reactions: Corias

rzlatic

Jun 20, 2012
LV-426
What I'm doing wrong?

as @AndroidNoob69 said, enter fastboot flash boot boot.img.
also, try with todays nightly. for me flashing boot.img from cm's first nightly (build 20150118, i believe you have the same one) didn't succeeded in working recovery, so i had to flash boot.img from latest cm11 nightly - but today's ota update (20150119) flashed the cm recovery too over previous cwm, so perhaps they included recovery.

labbe-

Jun 4, 2012
Turku
did it work for you to flash twrp with recovery manager? last I tried it that was a big mess
sure did! ive flashed and used all 4 of them succesfully. currently im trying out what can be used to use cm automatic update flashing.. so far cm recovery and philz dont work automatically at all (they just boot to recovery and stay in main menu). cwm flashes the update but asks for root preservation after flashing so it is a little inconvenient if you want to update while doing something else. tomorrow i will try twrp and hope it works fully automatic

Nokoff

Sep 20, 2008
as @AndroidNoob69 said, enter fastboot flash boot boot.img.
also, try with todays nightly. for me flashing boot.img from cm's first nightly (build 20150118, i believe you have the same one) didn't succeeded in working recovery, so i had to flash boot.img from latest cm11 nightly - but today's ota update (20150119) flashed the cm recovery too over previous cwm, so perhaps they included recovery.

The link you refer to is a recovery, not a kernel. If you flashed a recovery as a kernel, I don't think your phone would boot. To flash the recovery, you should use the command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery fotaZ1C_2.8.4.img
or whatever image you're using.

But first, to get your phone booting again, you'll need a different kernel, so extract the boot.img from 20150117 or an older build (might want to use the boot.img from your 20141220 ROM) and use the command:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Flash the kernel first, then the recovery, then boot to recovery, install the ROM, boot the device. After that you can use Rashr or fastboot again to install TWRP.

@labbe-

EDIT: Oops, that was supposed to be fastboot flash boot boot.img and not kernel boot.img :D. That should teach me not to give advice while I'm supposed to be working :p.

Thank you very much for this advice however I am still not successful. I got back to working booting rom by flashing old boot.img, then I did the fastboot procedure as you described, first with a then with b

Code:
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery fotaZ1C_2.8.4.img
sending 'recovery' (11552 KB)...
OKAY [  0.368s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.048s]
finished. total time: 1.419s

Code:
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery boot.img
sending 'recovery' (9948 KB)...
OKAY [  0.319s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.678s]
finished. total time: 1.000s

c:\adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

Rebooted my phone but nothing was changed. I cannot enter Recovery by tapping Vol+ at sony logo, and no menu appears to reboot into recovery when power button is pressed :(

Last edited:
Reactions: labbe-

JustFedez

Dec 3, 2013
Hi guys i have a issue when I go to the youtube app and I try to watch a video in landscape mode the screen goes black but the phone works and I can't watch the video. Its normal? Sorry for my english I'm italian

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
Hi guys i have a issue when I go to the youtube app and I try to watch a video in landscape mode the screen goes black but the phone works and I can't watch the video. Its normal? Sorry for my english I'm italian

Hi there, this is an old issue, it happens to me also, but not always.

we must wait for the bugs to get sorted out now.

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
I have 0119 nightly, and the BT is'nt work perfect.
Totally random 4-5 minutes or half an hour my Smartband disconnected, and msg: connect it with NFC.
Irritating: I need my Smartband. I have a ANT+ HRM device, it works flawlessly with this ROM, but don't work with stock ROM, but SRM work flawlessly with stock ROM.
How to resolve this contradiction?

Top Liked Posts