• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][5.1.1_r1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop - Amami [LMY47V][2015/04/24]

Search This thread

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
Working good but need some fixes

For me the rom is working very good i dont have any bigger problems its just small fixes what thr rom needs...

for me it need this fixes:
- sound from a other person in a call is not so nice like in cm 11
- battery life is not so long like in cm 11

and i can`t wait for a custom kernal for cm 12 :)

well...thank u people so much for getting work the cm 12!!

--------
i`m using the nightly cm-12-20150119-NIGHTLY-amami.zip

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Thank you very much for this advice however I am still not successful. I got back to working booting rom by flashing old boot.img, then I did the fastboot procedure as you described, first with a then with b

Code:
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery fotaZ1C_2.8.4.img
sending 'recovery' (11552 KB)...
OKAY [  0.368s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.048s]
finished. total time: 1.419s

Code:
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery boot.img
sending 'recovery' (9948 KB)...
OKAY [  0.319s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.678s]
finished. total time: 1.000s

c:\adb>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

Rebooted my phone but nothing was changed. I cannot enter Recovery by tapping Vol+ at sony logo, and no menu appears to reboot into recovery when power button is pressed :(

Perhaps you should try flashing the boot.img to the boot partition instead of the recovery partition.
fastboot flash recovery fotaZ1C_2.8.4.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

BigDoun2011

Apr 23, 2012
Is cm 12 official for our z1 what means there are nightlies? Sorry, I'm a little bit confused..

It seems that this rom is atm the "best" lollipop rom for our phone? :)

Regards

KhaledAbdo

Sep 11, 2012
Cairo
forum.xda-developers.com
hi all, just wanted to ask if anyone can provide a comparison between CM11, CM12 and official .. in terms of battery life, performance and responsiveness, and features if possible (just to know what's new in CM not there in the official; I just bought the phone .. :) )

also, is there any way to have double tap to wake without root and so .. ? I am gonna unlock and root anyways, but was thinking of keeping the official till Lollipop official by Sony first. .. ;) :D

Schlengge

Sep 11, 2012
Berlin
hi all, just wanted to ask if anyone can provide a comparison between CM11, CM12 and official .. in terms of battery life, performance and responsiveness, and features if possible (just to know what's new in CM not there in the official; I just bought the phone .. :) )

also, is there any way to have double tap to wake without root and so .. ? I am gonna unlock and root anyways, but was thinking of keeping the official till Lollipop official by Sony first. .. ;) :D

Hey,
I have to leave for work soon so here's just a quick answer.
In terms of performance and responsiveness there is no big difference. It is hard anyway to get this phone to lag.
Features? Well... CM12 is based on Android 5 and the others not :D
Just watch a YouTube video that shows the new stuff of Lollipop.
In terms of battery life CM12 is worse as I experienced it. There is no custom kernel yet so you have to stick with the stock kernel which cannot be tweaked towards battery life yet.

Double tap to wake won't happen on this phone. A lot of devs tried it. It just drains your battery in a few hours. Kernels on this phone cannot handle this.

Anyway... With backups you are basically free to try anything and go back easily if you aren't satisfied.

Reactions: KhaledAbdo

KhaledAbdo

Sep 11, 2012
Cairo
forum.xda-developers.com
Hey,
I have to leave for work soon so here's just a quick answer.
In terms of performance and responsiveness there is no big difference. It is hard anyway to get this phone to lag.
Features? Well... CM12 is based on Android 5 and the others not :D
Just watch a YouTube video that shows the new stuff of Lollipop.
In terms of battery life CM12 is worse as I experienced it. There is no custom kernel yet so you have to stick with the stock kernel which cannot be tweaked towards battery life yet.

Double tap to wake won't happen on this phone. A lot of devs tried it. It just drains your battery in a few hours. Kernels on this phone cannot handle this.

Anyway... With backups you are basically free to try anything and go back easily if you aren't satisfied.
thanks a lot for the quick reply .. but i wanted to ask about Sony features, are they kept in the CM builds .. ? are they actually any good, or without them we're going to live normally .. ?

features at hand here ..
- Triluminos display
- X-Reality Engine
- Glove mode

as for battery, currently the phone stays around 35 hours of average use (5-6 hours display time, 1 hour calls, 1 hour gaming .. ), so how CM builds measure to that .. the battery life is a most crucial to me, so I need to know how it measures to the original battery life .. :D

Bigdaddy168

Dec 14, 2010
Hey guys! Yesterday i've bought a new 32GB microSD card. It came FAT32 preformatted and I tried to move some apps on my sd but it says "Couldn't move App to SD, not enough space." (translated from german). The card is definately empty. Until now i tried the following: unmounted/deleted it inside CM-Settings - no success; formatted with ext4 - no success; changed owner and group of "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" to 2800:2800 - no success, reverted to media_rw:media_rw. Some users of other devices reported this problem too. Maybe it's a CM Problem?

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Hey guys! Yesterday i've bought a new 32GB microSD card. It came FAT32 preformatted and I tried to move some apps on my sd but it says "Couldn't move App to SD, not enough space." (translated from german). The card is definately empty. Until now i tried the following: unmounted/deleted it inside CM-Settings - no success; formatted with ext4 - no success; changed owner and group of "/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1" to 2800:2800 - no success, reverted to media_rw:media_rw. Some users of other devices reported this problem too. Maybe it's a CM Problem?

Apps to SD isn't a thing anymore, thankfully. The partition layout has been changed in Jelly Bean in order to give more space to applications on the internal storage.

Schlengge

Sep 11, 2012
Berlin
thanks a lot for the quick reply .. but i wanted to ask about Sony features, are they kept in the CM builds .. ? are they actually any good, or without them we're going to live normally .. ?

features at hand here ..
- Triluminos display
- X-Reality Engine
- Glove mode

as for battery, currently the phone stays around 35 hours of average use (5-6 hours display time, 1 hour calls, 1 hour gaming .. ), so how CM builds measure to that .. the battery life is a most crucial to me, so I need to know how it measures to the original battery life .. :D

I can't say too much about exact battery stats yet. Need more testing.
If you care a lot about Sonys built-in features you might want to stay on a stock based ROM or original firmware.

rzlatic

Jun 20, 2012
LV-426
for me the battery is fine now but i had to tweak a bit: the Google App (which came with gapps as i didn't flashed the "nano" package) was making wakelocks all the time so i shut that thing off. also, wifi settings have "Scanning always available" set to ON by default which is a known drainer. also "Keep wifi on during sleep" is set to Always by default too - set those two to off for a start and keep an eye on location reporting wakelocks. my phone is now sleeping peacefully :)

Reactions: goeland86

goeland86

Nov 25, 2009
for me the battery is fine now but i had to tweak a bit: the Google App (which came with gapps as i didn't flashed the "nano" package) was making wakelocks all the time so i shut that thing off. also, wifi settings have "Scanning always available" set to ON by default which is a known drainer. also "Keep wifi on during sleep" is set to Always by default too - set those two to off for a start and keep an eye on location reporting wakelocks. my phone is now sleeping peacefully :)

Thanks for the tip. Although I flashed the nightly CM12 on my Z1c I think this is still relevant - could you explain how you shut off the google app? I went to settings->apps->all->Google and I can do a force stop, but I can't disable it.

goeland86

Nov 25, 2009
I've just flashed the newest nightly and have to go back as system UI force closes over and over. 20150119 was working well.

Yes, I can confirm this as well. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to boot into recovery as expected (rocking volume buttons during LED turnon as Sony logo appears). Will see if cold-boot with fastboot lets me in.

Top Liked Posts