• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][5.1.1_r13][UNOFFICIAL] GzRoms -Tesla-RC2.1 T0LTE [20/08/2015]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I'm just saying I don't see why one would have anti piracy but include an adblocker. It's like saying you're against the criminal but helping him escape. They're your roms though (the devs) and at the end of the day I'll still use em regardless cause they've done a lot for me. In my post above I was just saying it's counterproductive to force the choice upon users since in some cases, apps & etc that aren't pirated could still potentially be flagged by the software if downloaded from somewhere other than play.

tl;dr I'm not complaining, more like I wanted to know why there's an adblocker + anti piracy. It doesn't effect me either way. I was just curious

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Yea I know you weren't complaining at all, I know you pretty well from on here, one of the best users I've encountered for the N2, there are really a lot of great users here who have done very very well by me. And you are absolutely correct about the ad blocker, it is counter productive in a way, not ENTIRELY the same but very similar indeed. AICP still includes the ad block saying "we can't all be clean" LOL. Ad blocker although CAN prevent some clicks revenue isn't the same and downloading free version of something and then being able to convert to the $5.99 version for free directly "stealing" the $5.99 from the developer/themer etc. The software is open source and only tested KNOWN apps are blocked. You can still sideload so it's not like you can only install from the play store, I have a couple apps that you can't get for my device that I install every time I clean flash. Mainly just things like lucky patcher, blackmart etc that allow you for example to get in app purchases for free or get a refund without actually uninstalling the app. Users in general who use these have no clue of the harm these apps can actually cause them. This isn't even mainly to support devs, it's was "marketed" in the wrong manner from the start, the MAIN thing this is REALLY doing is protecting users from major malware and identity theft potential that THEY unwittingly invite themselves by trying to save a buck

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 9
Yea I know you weren't complaining at all, I know you pretty well from on here, one of the best users I've encountered for the N2, there are really a lot of great users here who have done very very well by me. And you are absolutely correct about the ad blocker, it is counter productive in a way, not ENTIRELY the same but very similar indeed. AICP still includes the ad block saying "we can't all be clean" LOL. Ad blocker although CAN prevent some clicks revenue isn't the same and downloading free version of something and then being able to convert to the $5.99 version for free directly "stealing" the $5.99 from the developer/themer etc. The software is open source and only tested KNOWN apps are blocked. You can still sideload so it's not like you can only install from the play store, I have a couple apps that you can't get for my device that I install every time I clean flash. Mainly just things like lucky patcher, blackmart etc that allow you for example to get in app purchases for free or get a refund without actually uninstalling the app. Users in general who use these have no clue of the harm these apps can actually cause them. This isn't even mainly to support devs, it's was "marketed" in the wrong manner from the start, the MAIN thing this is REALLY doing is protecting users from major malware and identity theft potential that THEY unwittingly invite themselves by trying to save a buck

Yeah it kinda was marketed wrong. When I first read about it on aicp they made it seem like the devs were implementing it solely to combat piracy. But honestly if it provides more security then I'm all for it, especially if it's at the cost of something like easy access to pirated content which is illegal anyways

Reactions: gregsarg

Rawr0w0

Oct 24, 2012
I love how smooth this ROM is. My one question though is how do I use a Layered theme with this ROM, or is that even a feature? Only reason I ask is from the community thread, there's nothing but layered themes but there's no "Themes" under settings...

noidman123

Mar 23, 2014
OnePlus 9
I love how smooth this ROM is. My one question though is how do I use a Layered theme with this ROM, or is that even a feature? Only reason I ask is from the community thread, there's nothing but layered themes but there's no "Themes" under settings...
Idk why the layers app isn't baked into these roms lol but just go to the play store and install layers theme manager :good:
after that you can launch it either via settings or the app launcher like the cm theme engine

Reactions: Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0

Oct 24, 2012
Idk why the layers app isn't baked into these roms lol but just go to the play store and install layers theme manager :good:
after that you can launch it either via settings or the app launcher like the cm theme engine

Thank you very much!
The only issue I'm having now is I installed a layer theme called Timberwolf and now google play services keeps fcing xD

Rawr0w0

Oct 24, 2012
So, I wake up at 1:00am thinking "oh, I need to charge my phone because the battery's probably dead like on some of the other 5.1+ roms" ...

Turned the phone screen on, 58%... with Approx. 1days 7 hrs left. "What kind of freaking voodoo magic is this?!" I've not seen battery life like this since DN3/DN4. It's been on and off wifi since 3am Aug 27th...

All in all, whatever is doing this....whatever bit of coding is causing this battery to last longer than 6-8 hours... I thank you. ^^

Only thing I wish it had is the layers themer built in like said previously. Another thing I'd like to see is Fast Charging. 2hrs+ from "!" is pretty rough.

Also, I found a bug or something where if the battery reaches "!", the phone locks up until you do a battery pull, put the battery back in and quickly plug the charger in...

Last edited:
Reactions: noidman123

jayjay1234

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks for keeping this phone up to date. This is a very good ROM. In par if not better than a lot of LP Roms out there and this is me coming from a note 4.

Good Job please keep up the good work!

Thanks!
Jay

Reactions: JOKER.SOHA

sefurd

Dec 29, 2013
Atlanta
Mobile data

B ack to no mobile data on the latest release. The same APN info that worked on previous build and other ROMS refuses to work on this one. Have tried all the combinations I can think of.

Rawr0w0

Oct 24, 2012
B ack to no mobile data on the latest release. The same APN info that worked on previous build and other ROMS refuses to work on this one. Have tried all the combinations I can think of.

Have you tried deleting all the other APNS and rebooting the phone afterwards?

rob_z11

Sep 20, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Have you tried deleting all the other APNS and rebooting the phone afterwards?

I think if I remember correctly, I do had that problem in which mobile data won't work, but I click on LTE icon on drop down notification, and LTE got connected. It may not be the issue, but that was my problem when I clean installed this rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

sefurd

Dec 29, 2013
Atlanta
How exactly did you fix the data problem ? Still have no data here..

Removed all apn's. Put a dummy one in with no info only a name. Then rebooted the phone. Put in the apn info that had worked on previous build. Rebooted again. This time data problems were solved. LTE showed up almost instantly! Guess it was just left overs from previous flash or something...

Renecito

Mar 25, 2014
Removed all apn's. Put a dummy one in with no info only a name. Then rebooted the phone. Put in the apn info that had worked on previous build. Rebooted again. This time data problems were solved. LTE showed up almost instantly! Guess it was just left overs from previous flash or something...

I tried that and it didn't work. There's still the signal bar with the "!". Really frustrating since this rom is so smooth.
I'll try another rom to see if data works.
Thanks anyways :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well not really but since you feel that way I'll be sure to pull ad blocker out of cyanide since it will be shipped with the anti piracy as well. We can put anything in the ROM we want, we build them, we maintain them. The devs on g+ whining about get no sympathy either. Android is open source, not free to steal stuff source. The people complaining because they can't use lucky patcher to get paid stuff for free, well too bad. Soon the only rom with decent amount of features that won't have it is Bliss, have fun with that. Oh and DU of course but not exactly a feature rich ROM. Not bashing du by ANY MEANS, it's just not on the feature level of many others including my ROM. By mine I mean CyanideL not Tesla. Developers include what THEY want in the rom because it's theirs. We do this for ourselves not users. Users are just lucky enough that we share our work because we do not have to share with anybody
    Ground Zero Roms presents -Tesla-UNOFFICIAL For T0LTE

15%2B-%2B2

--> Ground Zero ROMs G+ <--
    Visit The G+ Community for screenshots, news, downloads, bugreports, wallpapers, bootanimations, ....

Rom_Info.png

Google Plus Post

Rom_Download.png

features.png

Code:
    [CENTER]
    [B][SIZE="3"]SlimPie
    RRO Layers
    Custimizable QS Tiles
    SlimRecents
    Floating window with mode SlimRecents
    Slim's Power Menu
    Slim's Nav bar and Hardware keys configuration
    Animation Control
    App Circle Sidebar
    Lockscreen Weather
    Screenrecorder settings
    Kernel Aduitor built in
    Breathing Notifications
    Symmetry Mode (Dark Theme Style Tesla)
    SlimDim NavBar
    Plus more[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

screenshots.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_22.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_28.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_34.png

Screenshot_2015_06_16_08_57_40.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    TESLA ROM UNOFFICIAL FOR T0LTE DEVICES, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    mr.nth.na.vn
    Source Code: https://github.com/tesla-redux

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, Slim

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-20

Created 2015-08-01
    Last Updated 2015-08-20
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I'm just saying I don't see why one would have anti piracy but include an adblocker. It's like saying you're against the criminal but helping him escape. They're your roms though (the devs) and at the end of the day I'll still use em regardless cause they've done a lot for me. In my post above I was just saying it's counterproductive to force the choice upon users since in some cases, apps & etc that aren't pirated could still potentially be flagged by the software if downloaded from somewhere other than play.

tl;dr I'm not complaining, more like I wanted to know why there's an adblocker + anti piracy. It doesn't effect me either way. I was just curious

Gapps ?
    Installation instruction . Can I use CWM recovery ?