[ROM][5.1.1_r13] XenonHD Stable 2.0 Build 8 (19.08.15)

Search This thread

jimbohurt

May 13, 2013
Hey im about to flash this on my brothers htc one m8. Ive got him on CM 11 android 4.4.4 and he has been on that for many many months.

Am i good to just flash this? Or do i need to flash him any new lollipop radios or anything? Basically is there any lollipop specific updates i need to flash him? Is there a new lollipop TWRP recovery too?

Thanks so much in advanced.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Hey im about to flash this on my brothers htc one m8. Ive got him on CM 11 android 4.4.4 and he has been on that for many many months.

Am i good to just flash this? Or do i need to flash him any new lollipop radios or anything? Basically is there any lollipop specific updates i need to flash him? Is there a new lollipop TWRP recovery too?

Thanks so much in advanced.

You'll need to upgrade him to the latest firmware for his carrier and use the latest twrp, 2.8.6.0, I think.

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier
Headsup to the Rom

Hey guys,

just wanted to say thanks for this great piece of work!
I just gave it a try after a really long time with ARHD which never failed to please me.

I just wanted to try something new, so I decided to go back to the roots, to something light weight and clean with some cherrypicked features.

Some of you might think about this step aswell so let's be said that there is no harm, since I figured out, that most of the HTC Apps from PlayStore will work fine with this Rom. I just installed the HTC Camera and Gallery App because I was missing some of the features of the Camera and everything is running smooth.

Will report back about wakelocks, batterylife and such things.
But so far, thanks for the great work and keeping us flashoholics up with the latest Android Version! :good: :cool:

Reactions: iceandfire

sof006

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not sure this has already been answered but here goes.

I have just flashed your latest build (never used your ROM prior) and when booting it says "XenonHD" etc etc but then my phone turns off as if ive held down the power button and doesn't turn back on unless I press power button again?

Never gotten past the boot animation. Any ideas?

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier

I have just flashed your latest build (never used your ROM prior) and when booting it says "XenonHD" etc etc but then my phone turns off as if ive held down the power button and doesn't turn back on unless I press power button again?

Which version of TWRP Recovery are you using? It's highly suggested to upgrade to latest 2.8.6.0 version.

Did you try a full wipe?

Do you have latest official HTC One 4.16.401.10 firmware installed? If not, check ARHD thread, you'll find a download link in the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbohurt

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010

Lollipop firmware? Latest recovery? Any other details, like what ROM you're coming from?

sof006

Jan 27, 2012
Lollipop firmware? Latest recovery? Any other details, like what ROM you're coming from?

It works now however for some I have issue with LTE. I have 0 dbm 255 asu and then signal drops and goes to -103 dbm etc

I am on latest radio and firmware in bootloader, any ideas? I have international HTC One m8. I have noticed this is a reoccurring issue as it happens on all cyanogenmod based ROM's but I have no issues with GPE roms.

jimbohurt

May 13, 2013
Which version of TWRP Recovery are you using? It's highly suggested to upgrade to latest 2.8.6.0 version.

Did you try a full wipe?

Do you have latest official HTC One 4.16.401.10 firmware installed? If not, check ARHD thread, you'll find a download link in the OP.

I cant find that, would you please link me?

sof006

Jan 27, 2012

So i've came from ARHD 5.0.1 and my recovery is 2.8.6.0 and my firmware is 4.16.401.10. Now I can't get it to boot again, just does the boot animation for a couple seconds then turns itself off again.

I'm S-Off if that helps as well

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
So i've came from ARHD 5.0.1 and my recovery is 2.8.6.0 and my firmware is 4.16.401.10. Now I can't get it to boot again, just does the boot animation for a couple seconds then turns itself off again.

I'm S-Off if that helps as well

Have you tried a full ruu, then a factory reset through stock recovery? Maybe there's a corrupted partition. Can you go back and flash a sense ROM and have it boot w/o issue?

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier
another heads up

Hey guys. Just another quick headsup.

I found two bugs:

Notification color change per app does not take effect

Inaktiv display does not work (might be incompatible with the m8)?

Cheers

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
@sof006
have you tried to let your device cool down several minutes? I had the same problem. In the current build the thermal engine ist not correctly implemented. I tracked down the issue with the dev and on GitHub it's already fixed.

@droid_legacy
have you tried to toggle the setting off and on?

firithmorgulion

Aug 30, 2009
Willebadessen
very nice and smooth rom, but i have a question about the installing/updating process

is there any reason why everthing ive installed/moved/flashed in the system folders is gone after a update?
(like gapps)

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
That's normal behavior when flashing a custom rom. It wipes the system partition so that you have a clean os installation. Perhaps you should think about creating your own update.zip with the changes you want to make.

Reactions: firithmorgulion

sof006

Jan 27, 2012
@sof006
have you tried to let your device cool down several minutes? I had the same problem. In the current build the thermal engine ist not correctly implemented. I tracked down the issue with the dev and on GitHub it's already fixed.

@droid_legacy
have you tried to toggle the setting off and on?

What temperature does the phone need to be for it to work?

I gave up and went back to GPE just because it was late and I needed an alarm clock haha

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
That's a valid point :laugh:

Haven't checked the temperature. It also seems to vary between devices as only one other guy had the same problem. I think it's better for you to stick at GPE until a new build is out.

firithmorgulion

Aug 30, 2009
Willebadessen
That's normal behavior when flashing a custom rom. It wipes the system partition so that you have a clean os installation. Perhaps you should think about creating your own update.zip with the changes you want to make.

for me its not normal
ive moved from slim-roms to xenon, and with the slim-roms ive just updated, without the need to reinstall anything that was installed before

maybe i find a way to modify the files in the update.zip, but the system.new.dat seems not to be a standard file ...

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
for me its not normal
ive moved from slim-roms to xenon, and with the slim-roms ive just updated, without the need to reinstall anything that was installed before

maybe i find a way to modify the files in the update.zip, but the system.new.dat seems not to be a standard file ...

.dat is the standard now for 5.0+. That is what normally happens unless you have a backup script or something. Even on CM that happens. Just flash the ROM, gapps, etc. In recovery together and you should be fine.

Sent from my One M8

Reactions: firithmorgulion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Horizon presents​
    Ru9Je5d.jpg

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Base : Lollipop 5.1.1_r13 : FULL AOSP BASE FROM SOURCE.
    It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
    and now Buttery Smooth too!

Download in post #2
    Changelog in post #3
    Screen shots in post #4

Thanks to:
    AOSP
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    Flar2
    Damacy
    Faux

Source:
    Github

Kernel Source:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.1.1_r13] XenonHD Stable 2.0 Build 8 (19.08.15), ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    iceandfire
    Source Code: https://github.com/teamhorizon

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0 Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-19

Created 2014-12-27
    Last Updated 2015-08-20
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 5

Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 5. This is one of those bigger updates. Added stuff like lockscreen weather, status bar ticker, etc. Brought in a few memory leak fixes, etc from M developer preview. Updated kernel with new power suspend driver, etc! Fixed distortion on the speakers using the new patches from CM.

Like my work? Press like or thanks and buy one of those apps from Play Store :)

Oh and do not forget to leave feedback!
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 8

Updated with some new stuff like three finger swipe gesture to take a screenshot, ability to open heads up notifications in floating mode, ability to disable lockscreen visualizer, completely redone file manager, battery bar for navigation bar, etc. Fixed bugs like the latest stagefright vulnerability, fixes to floating mode, etc. Google apps are now backed up while flashing the ROM so no more need to apply the gapps after flashing the ROM starting with this update.

M8 specific changes for speaker, etc.

Many more changes that I don't actually remember.

Please leave a feedback, press like or thanks and donate if you can.

Do not let the thread die and get buried under.
    Download:
    https://mirrors.c0urier.net/?dir=android/teamhorizon

Older builds here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=profile&uid=95864024717070240

Gapps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Donate by buying one of these apps from Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Team+Horizon

Clean wipe is recommended!!

Official XenonHD site:
    http://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD Settings backup tool:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xehd.backup

Please read this before asking dumb questions again and again:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2075368

Like my Facebook page:
    http://goo.gl/aUaJh

Join our community on Google+:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/110254322179967248992

Please donate to me if you like my work. :)
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 6

Updated with a lot of new stuff and bug fixes. Updated base to 5.1.1_r8. Added multi window, options to lockscreen weather, reverted active display, added proximity settings for dialer and so much more. Fixed bugs from previous versions. Updated kernel with fixes and improvements. Updated proprietary files with new sound drivers and verizon files. Many other M8 specific fixes.

Provide feedback, press like or thanks and donate if you can :)

PS: Do not let the thread die and get buried!

Edit: Please wipe data/factory reset before flashing this build.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone