[ROM][5.1.1_r13] XenonHD Stable 2.0 Build 8 (19.08.15)

Search This thread

mannyelite

Oct 20, 2014
Ho to setting/home

or clear default setting on current launcher ... Download the new one tap home button 2x and it will give you the option to pick what launcher you want

Yeah that's the thing, i tried both options and neither worked...There is no Home option in settings, and when i clear default for current launcher (slim launcher) and tap home button 2x (or even more) nothing happens....

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
I just installed the latest weekly on my M8 and I love it so far; however, whenever I put the phone down, the screen automatically turns off and I've looked everywhere in the settings but I couldn't find a way to disable that, so does anyone know how? Ambient display is disabled, by the way.

SpUnKmYeR

Dec 8, 2011
It's here under settings.... You could install new home apk. use titanium backup to delete old and reboot.... But here is my settings in PIC.

Just wanted to add. Fine rom... Been my daily for awhile now..

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1445526821255.jpg
    1445526821255.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 355
Reactions: iceandfire

mannyelite

Oct 20, 2014
It's here under settings.... You could install new home apk. use titanium backup to delete old and reboot.... But here is my settings in PIC.

Just wanted to add. Fine rom... Been my daily for awhile now..

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

What version are you on? Mine only has ROM Settings and Layers Manager under personalization. i'm on latest Weekly BTW.

Last edited:

droid_legacy

Feb 16, 2012
Trier
finale version and changelogs

Hey guys. Looking for switching from MaximusHD rom back to XenonHD.

Just wanted to clarify a few things before I wipe my phone.

Is the 04-10-2015 version going to be kinda final version of 5.1.1 development and are there any known bugs?

Looking to get a stable ROM until a proper working Version of MM is out.

Does anyone know where to find the latest changelogs though?

Did you guys update to .13 firmware? I have heard that there are some problems regarding lags in it?

Hughe thanks in advance!

Reactions: aptooid

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
hm I really like this rom, but for the life of me can't get gapps installed.
first I tried installing arm -> 5.1 -> stock gapps (from the opengapps link in the first post) but gave me a failed message about insufficient storage space available in system partition...
this was using Stable 2.0 Build 8 (resulted in gapps error from above)

then updated to: xenonHD-10-04-15-signed (since it popped up as an update) & got error code:70
- unmounting /system/ data/ cache, /persist
e: error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download/open_gapps-arm-5.1-stock-20151108.zip

twrp version 2.8.7.0
htc one m8 sprint
hboot -3.19.0.0000
radio -1.09.20.0209
openDSP -v48.2.2-00564-m8974_f0.1211
OS -4.25.651.18

also, while in the rom i tried doing a factory data reset (erase stored content checked), it booted me into twrp where it then tried to run some kind of openrecovery script (what, I have no idea but it subsequently completed yet also gave a failed message?) and then rebooted back into xenonHD. not sure what that was about or if it is normal, or a known quirk. (see screenshot) http://i.imgur.com/1ySYRy2.jpg

Last edited:

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
um, i did use opengapps. from the link in the first post. they are not working. from the info I've found according to opengapps

error 70 means:
" Insufficient Space Available in System Partition: Your device does not have sufficient space available in the system partition to install the Open GApps package"

and further: "Open GApps install failed with the message 'Insufficient storage space available in System partition'. My device has 16GB (or more) of storage available. How can this be?
Your ROM and GApps are installed in the system partition. The system partition is a separate, fixed-size, stand-alone partition of storage that varies in size by device."

and then: "The reason you won't get this error message with other GApps packages is because Open GApps' installer use a System Partition memory detection system to insure a successful installation and the ability to restore Open GApps after a ROM update."

so... basically I can't use the gapps that is recommended in the first post of this topic? which seems quite strange. I guess I'll just switch roms or something since I don't know enough about this stuff to know what to do next.

Last edited:

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
um, i did use opengapps. from the link in the first post. they are not working. from the info I've found according to opengapps

error 70 means:
" Insufficient Space Available in System Partition: Your device does not have sufficient space available in the system partition to install the Open GApps package"

and further: "Open GApps install failed with the message 'Insufficient storage space available in System partition'. My device has 16GB (or more) of storage available. How can this be?
Your ROM and GApps are installed in the system partition. The system partition is a separate, fixed-size, stand-alone partition of storage that varies in size by device."

and then: "The reason you won't get this error message with other GApps packages is because Open GApps' installer use a System Partition memory detection system to insure a successful installation and the ability to restore Open GApps after a ROM update."

so... basically I can't use the gapps that is recommended in the first post of this topic? which seems quite strange. I guess I'll just switch roms or something since I don't know enough about this stuff to know what to do next.

I'm having similar problems with non CM based ROMs. Did you RUU to GPE at some point?

I did and in finding even after using Sense firmware I can't get my Sense partitions back.

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
I'm having similar problems with non CM based ROMs. Did you RUU to GPE at some point?

I did and in finding even after using Sense firmware I can't get my Sense partitions back.

I was thinking about gpe but never did b/c i didnt like the extra steps needed for the apn stuff. but what i did (to my recollection) was in this order:
flashed 4.25.651.18 Full Firmware via fastboot
flashed twrp 2.8.7.0
installed viperone m8 4.3 rom from sprint android development forum
decided I didn't like it so flashed RUU_M8_WHL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.25.651.18_Radio_1.09.20.0209_NV_SPCS_1.52_003_release_446215_signed_2
reflashed twrp 2.8.7.0
installed xenonhd rom

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
Query for Marshmallow

I am currently reviewing XDA to see if there is still interest in XenonHD MM for M8. Since I do not currently have the device, I won't continue if nobody cares. :p Here's the link to an official Xenon experimental version. It has been tested and works. How well it does, it's up to you to decide and tell me. Here's the link

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
hello. just discovered this rom. i dont know about MM but your 10-04-15 (5.1.1) has just become my daily driver. very nicely put together. no stutters or lags or reboots , just nice and stable.
i've not seen any +'s in the MM roms i have tried. matter of fact the sound quality has deterioated imho.
Xenon being built from AOSP is a major factor for me as there arent enough as it is.
certainly am glad i found it before was discontinued though & looks like not been activity on the thread for awhile , so cant blame you for d/c-ing it.
anyways , thank you for sharing this good work with the community. appreciate your time and knowledge.:good:
stay well and good fortune in your other endeavors.
dave :)

"err on the side of kindness"

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
hello. just discovered this rom. i dont know about MM but your 10-04-15 (5.1.1) has just become my daily driver. very nicely put together. no stutters or lags or reboots , just nice and stable.
i've not seen any +'s in the MM roms i have tried. matter of fact the sound quality has deterioated imho.
Xenon being built from AOSP is a major factor for me as there arent enough as it is.
certainly am glad i found it before was discontinued though & looks like not been activity on the thread for awhile , so cant blame you for d/c-ing it.
anyways , thank you for sharing this good work with the community. appreciate your time and knowledge.:good:
stay well and good fortune in your other endeavors.
dave :)

"err on the side of kindness"

I'm sure iceandfire may have decided to hang up his cleats on this device **broken and irrepairable**, but I have decided to jump in and continue. It helped also that I have secured a development device, so I will continue the XeLove. Keep posted!!

ljjehl

Apr 6, 2008
SA,TX
I'm sure iceandfire may have decided to hang up his cleats on this device **broken and irrepairable**, but I have decided to jump in and continue. It helped also that I have secured a development device, so I will continue the XeLove. Keep posted!!

Just updated for the May security updates. I'm still working slowly due to work constraints as well as getting over the Flu. Here's the link
This should be the permanent update link until we move on to N. I should also create a different thread soon.

edit: there seems to be some issues with wifi on my end. Data, not too sure either, as I still need to update my sim soon so I can test. Let me know if you are having any issues, thx.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Horizon presents​
    Ru9Je5d.jpg

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Base : Lollipop 5.1.1_r13 : FULL AOSP BASE FROM SOURCE.
    It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
    and now Buttery Smooth too!

Download in post #2
    Changelog in post #3
    Screen shots in post #4

Thanks to:
    AOSP
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    Flar2
    Damacy
    Faux

Source:
    Github

Kernel Source:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.1.1_r13] XenonHD Stable 2.0 Build 8 (19.08.15), ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    iceandfire
    Source Code: https://github.com/teamhorizon

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0 Build 8
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-19

Created 2014-12-27
    Last Updated 2015-08-20
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 5

Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 5. This is one of those bigger updates. Added stuff like lockscreen weather, status bar ticker, etc. Brought in a few memory leak fixes, etc from M developer preview. Updated kernel with new power suspend driver, etc! Fixed distortion on the speakers using the new patches from CM.

Like my work? Press like or thanks and buy one of those apps from Play Store :)

Oh and do not forget to leave feedback!
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 8

Updated with some new stuff like three finger swipe gesture to take a screenshot, ability to open heads up notifications in floating mode, ability to disable lockscreen visualizer, completely redone file manager, battery bar for navigation bar, etc. Fixed bugs like the latest stagefright vulnerability, fixes to floating mode, etc. Google apps are now backed up while flashing the ROM so no more need to apply the gapps after flashing the ROM starting with this update.

M8 specific changes for speaker, etc.

Many more changes that I don't actually remember.

Please leave a feedback, press like or thanks and donate if you can.

Do not let the thread die and get buried under.
    Download:
    https://mirrors.c0urier.net/?dir=android/teamhorizon

Older builds here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=profile&uid=95864024717070240

Gapps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Donate by buying one of these apps from Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Team+Horizon

Clean wipe is recommended!!

Official XenonHD site:
    http://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD Settings backup tool:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xehd.backup

Please read this before asking dumb questions again and again:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2075368

Like my Facebook page:
    http://goo.gl/aUaJh

Join our community on Google+:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/110254322179967248992

Please donate to me if you like my work. :)
    Updated to Stable 2.0 Build 6

Updated with a lot of new stuff and bug fixes. Updated base to 5.1.1_r8. Added multi window, options to lockscreen weather, reverted active display, added proximity settings for dialer and so much more. Fixed bugs from previous versions. Updated kernel with fixes and improvements. Updated proprietary files with new sound drivers and verizon files. Many other M8 specific fixes.

Provide feedback, press like or thanks and donate if you can :)

PS: Do not let the thread die and get buried!

Edit: Please wipe data/factory reset before flashing this build.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone