• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[ROM] [5.1.1_r26][FULL-O3][i9300] RESURRECTION REMIX 5.5.9[GCC 5.2][OPTIMIZED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthedes

Jan 9, 2011
Brummen
I've flashed the latest arter97 kernel beta and my device has become really slow now, do I share this experience with others? Is that kernel not compatible with this rom? Will his latest stable kernel even work with android 5.0, since its updated in 2013 latest?

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
I've flashed the latest arter97 kernel beta and my device has become really slow now, do I share this experience with others? Is that kernel not compatible with this rom? Will his latest stable kernel even work with android 5.0, since its updated in 2013 latest?
I used arter97 kernel few times on lollipop Roms..and was pretty unstable for me and for many others..if u want to flash custom kernel on lolipop then flash boeffla or archikernel

Edit: Dev said many times not to talk about third party kernels so yea.. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arthedes

Nightlight

Jun 7, 2009
Babylon 5
I used arter97 kernel few times on lollipop Roms..and was pretty unstable for me and for many others..if u want to flash custom kernel on lolipop then flash boeffla or archikernel

..if u want to flash custom kernel on lolipop then flash boeffla or archikernel
Sorry, I have to disagree. I've tried bof's kernel and it turned my s3 into a mess!! couldn't even communicate with the phone via usb.!

Sorry to disappoint all you bof fan boys.

Night....

Apologies to dev for this post about boffy kernel...

Oiram_37

Dec 23, 2014
On 5.2.9. I was able to change fonts via ifont app but since updating to 5.3.1 I can't do that anymore. Any idea how can I apply roboto condenses regular fonts. I love those fonts..

S3 lollipopped by RR
Go to iFont settings and change the font mode to "Recovery Mode". After that you can select your font and iFont will create a "update_ifont.zip" on your SDCard.
Boot to your Recovery flash the "update_ifont.zip". DONE !
This way worked for me ;)

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Sorry to disappoint all you bof fan boys.
What??? M8 please next time be more mature in your answer.. Personally I don't prefer any custom kernels..but I did use few times boeffla and works better then arter97 kernel on lollipop roms.. If u like more arter then others OK but don't call me fanboy and grow up.

End of story with this nonsense

Sorry to all,hope mods will delete these unrelated posts

Reactions: dudumagliano

cangcan

Nov 24, 2012

actually arter has release new version of his kernel yesterday..and i am currently using it now..so far it runs fine..using yankasus gov..battery life is almost on par on stock..sorry for custom kernel OT BTW..

Reactions: Scorpionea

antistase

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks the dev again for this ROM. The keyboard switch now works all right.

I have a list of remaining issues so far:

- When calling via the phone app the screen goes black and the UI doesn't interact any more until the line drops. There is no way to hangup without switching the phone off before then.

- After unlock the phone application is started automatically.

- Long press of back key doesn't kill camera app when started from lock screen (long press back key ill app enabled)

- The performance setting reset to "Balanced" at every reboot

- Performance is a bit erratic and sometime stuttering. I may be wrong but the "Power saver" profile seems smoother than the "balanced" one. I can't see a performance improvement respect my previous custom Kitekat 4.3.

- Battery usage doesn't seem great. In half an hour of moderate screen usage 10% of my 3000ma battery got drained. Looking at the stats it seems the Mobile Standby used as much current as the screen.

Thanks.

Nightlight

Jun 7, 2009
Babylon 5
What??? M8 please next time be more mature in your answer.. Personally I don't prefer any custom kernels..but I did use few times boeffla and works better then arter97 kernel on lollipop roms.. If u like more arter then others OK but don't call me fanboy and grow up.

End of story with this nonsense

Sorry to all,hope mods will delete these unrelated posts

Ohh dear, you really have a chip on your shoulder I'm sorry to say. Maybe your understanding of the nuances of English is letting you down.

I only stated a fact, I have not tried archi kernel and I did not call you a fan boy, read the post again, maybe get a teacher to help you with it.

I'm sorry to have to reply but you really have a problem mate.. and sorry to have rattled your cage.

apologies to all about this...delete as necessary.

Night...

webwalk®

Dec 26, 2010
this is a great rom i used it for over 2 weeks now
i love the little options you added which should be in every android system in the first place ^^
i enjoy the toast transitions and 0,75 speed, nav bar toggle and resize, status bar traffic monitor, lockscreen shortcuts and weather and all those little goodies

with version 5.2.8 i couldnt install some apks.. im glad you got that fixxed with the latest 5.3.1
keep up the great work :D

Nabeel_n85

Mar 4, 2012
Karachi
Go to iFont settings and change the font mode to "Recovery Mode". After that you can select your font and iFont will create a "update_ifont.zip" on your SDCard.
Boot to your Recovery flash the "update_ifont.zip". DONE !
This way worked for me ;)
I simply changed the font mode to "System Mode" and applied my fonts. The phone rebooted and voila, I got my roboto condensed fonts back on my phone. Thanks @Oiram_37

S3 lollipopped by RR

Reactions: Oiram_37

wyt18

Jun 4, 2007
thanks - to be more specific
- installing an app from google play works
- downloading the exact same apk from google play, attempting to install via sideloading it gives the "parse error"
- basically no app can install via sideload after updating to this ROM

... will try /system/app/ approach suggested, as well as terminal method (to circumvent package installer); do you mean just place the apk in /system/app and see if it appears in the launcher?

That doesnt verify incompactibility, does other apps install? You can also try to push it to /system/app/

ciprigeorgiu

Apr 27, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
How did you get that much SOT? I barely make it through a day with 3 hours of SOT. I left this morning at 9 and at 5 in the afternoon I had to charge it. This is with most apps grenified as well.

I don't have 3g internet and rely on wifi for all my internet needs, though, so wifi is constantly on.

I love to tinker with my phone and get everything perfect but I don't really have the time to do that anymore nowadays, so I very much rely on 'stock' custom roms. I really do love this ROM and appreciate the amount of effort the dev has put into this, but it is just really frustrating to come from a working 'stock' kitkat ROM with which I could get through the day with 4 hours of SOT and still have some juice left for some bedtime netflix even to a ROM which essentially cripples the phone's poratability by having to carry around a charger to make it through the day.

Or it might be just my phone of course.

I have read that some kernels will improve battery life and that the stock kernel of this rom reduces the usable RAM. I might want to try a new kernel. Any suggestions?

But after searching the thread for battery life issues it seems the phone needs a few days to recalibrate the battery am i right? Please correct me if im wrong.
do you know what apps did he use to get to that SOT time? What I mean is that if I play a game for example I lose about 1% every two minutes but if I use tapatalk app I have more than twice SOT time. It does matter how you use your phone to get to that usage. A few months back i reached 8 hours SOT by keeping my screen on without doing anything on my phone. I would say that 3,5 hours of SOT during one day of moderate usage is good enough(without turning of the function that turn your phone into a smartphone:sync, no facebook or similar apps).

Status
Not open for further replies.