[ROM][5.1.1_r38][UNOFFICIAL]Cyanogenmod 12.1[BETA]

Do you still own the Tegra Note 7 in 2017 ?

• used to have one but now it's sold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Dammit. I finally pulled out my Tegra Note that hasnt been turned on in over a year and got it running ok. A few minor kernel tweaks and it runs without burning up again. Anyone else still playing around with these things? I had long ago given up on it, but who knows. There are tons of these things floating around refurbished for about $4o, and the size was kinda great. I'm willing to test and report back if anyone wants to keep up with this again.

Last edited:

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
Flashed a working stock ROM gave it to my daughter to play with. Used to run CM but had problems with it. Replaced it with a mi pad 4.

naziraaqib3k

Nov 25, 2016
Dammit. I finally pulled out my Tegra Note that hasnt been turned on in over a year and got it running ok. A few minor kernel tweaks and it runs without burning up again. Anyone else still playing around with these things? I had long ago given up on it, but who knows. There are tons of these things floating around refurbished for about $4o, and the size was kinda great. I'm willing to test and report back if anyone wants to keep up with this again.
Which kernel tweaks did you use and how did you do it. I would really appreciate your help

Oh, wow, i haven't used that tablet in a while now. There was a shaky kernel floating around that had some adjustments on it. Then I used kernel audiator to tweak the settings, don't really remember what I did though. I gave up with the TN and because of the freezing and the digitizer was cracked have been doing my best ruining my nexus 9 with los 8.1.

Irony4U

Jun 20, 2022
Here is a old copy of mine. Not sure if OP has updated it since I download this. But just posting here if anyone wants it
Thanks for that. I recently pulled out my HP Slate 7 Extreme which is basically a Tegra Note 7. The tablet still works well and is in near mint condition and still holds a decent charge. I was going to use it as an e-reader but I can't find any apps to support it anymore. Since it relies heavily on google support it's not really usable on the old Android 4.4.2 OS.
Might try this cyanogenmod just to see.

moonhop7

Thanks for that. I recently pulled out my HP Slate 7 Extreme which is basically a Tegra Note 7. The tablet still works well and is in near mint condition and still holds a decent charge. I was going to use it as an e-reader but I can't find any apps to support it anymore. Since it relies heavily on google support it's not really usable on the old Android 4.4.2 OS.
Might try this cyanogenmod just to see.
I know this is old but do by chance have a back up / dump of the HP Slate 7 Rom ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fzdnet1.cbsistatic.com%2Fhub%2Fi%2F2015%2F02%2F10%2F6479f030-d978-4ece-b1c2-89b7b4250b7d%2F137fded1defc9ce77ea1c6413969cea5%2Fcyanogenmod-logo-large.jpg

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
     * nuclear war, penguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
     * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
     */

Introduction

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

What's Working

Everything

BUGS

You tell me

Download

ROM
    GAPPS
    TWRP

Source Codes

Coming Soon......

Donations

PAYPAL

Thanks To/Credits

skoar
    shaky156 for TWRP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 12.1, ROM for the Nvidia Tegra Note 7

Contributors
    skoar, skoar
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-10-01

Created 2017-06-14
    Last Updated 2017-11-12
    Lollipop Final UPDATE

So guys and gals like I promised the final update of lollipop is here. Here are the changes
    1. get selinux enforcing working
    2. tweaked kernel
    2. updated powerhal (thx to @Steel01 for his work on the powerhal)
    3. cleaned up the device and vendor trees (will be up by today or tomorrow)
    4. removed Nvcamera ( Instead of natively including it a choice should be given to users)

For those who want it I'll probably provide a flashable zip for installing it.

If you face any bugs give me a logact. Remember logact or it didn't happen. I'll provide a fix if there is a major bug.

As for OC I've got shaky's kernel to work. I just changed the ramdisk. All credits goes to Shaky for making the kernel
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZHMl9peSOgNzZzbGszVWZudTg
    Thx to @Shaky156

This is it for lollipop. I got marshmallow booting but currently it's full of bugs.

I've got term tests this month so no development. Will continue int the month of November.

link is in the op. Enjoy :)
    UPDATE

Okay guys the update is here. Almost 4 months after the initial release I've perfected most of the device tree including the kernel which I've finally been able to build. I learned many new things along the way which I've implemented in the ROM. Now I would like to talk about a couple of things.

Let's start with testing and I gotta say I got a very bad response from you guys although many of you pm'ed me but upon giving you the build you didn't reply back. This time I'm letting it go but from next time i.e, while doing the marshmallow bring-up if I don't get testers I'll stop working on it. The last couple of days I shaved off sleeping time in order to get things done and if you can't even do the cortesy of testing the builds then I'm not worknig on it.

Second I wanna know how many people still own the 'Tegra Note 7' so I'm creating a poll please vote on it. I'm surprised that this thread has got 9k views but still there is no real activity in the thread. I really wanna know the numbers. Even if you're a stock user do vote.

Third and my favourite lets talk about changelog. It's so huge that I don't remember most of it but here are the ones that I do remember :-
    1. Bring kernel inline
    2. add Nvcamera from stock (it's the best for our pathetic excuse of a camera)
    3. add controller mapper (controller support)
    4. add a boat load of missing blobs, update the existing ones and remove unneeded ones
    5. tweaked and added some files (should offer good performance and battery backup)
    6. get proximity sensor working
    7. Initial pass at fixing selinux (more about it later)
    8. clean up the device tree and get it ready to support other roms
    9. updated overlays
    10. kernel has been tweaked (should improve performance)
    11. fix recovery build
    12. add custom bluetooth device name (can be changed from setting)
    13. fix otg
    14. fixed battery percentage suddenly dropping upon unlocking the tab
    15. tweaked powerhal a bit (more about it later)
    and much much more

fix touch (users who've used the EVGA APX images to unbrick their tab must be experiencing touch problems which they might thinK is their tablet freezing up which by the way it is not. I've been experiencing this too. this build should address this issue.

Fourth
    Although I said this would be last lollipop build but it won't be. The changelog for the next and last lollipop build will be
    1. fix sepolicy to get it to work on enforcing mode
    2. fix up the powerhal and stop building it as a stub
    3. a few more kernel changes
    4. bid lollipop goodbye

Fifth and the last.
    I've spent a huge amount of time in getting everything ready and I'm opensourcing it so If you're using it then please do give proper credits. At least respect the work that I've done.

Download link is in OP.
    Last update of lollipop coming today. You guys are gonna love this one.
    I can see big potential in this ROM. Unfortunately I can't enjoy its full glory. Somehow I encountered problem with this ROM. Tried clean reinstalls few times. Same thing happens every time. For some reason system process stops and tablet reboots constantly. When, after few reboots, tablet manages to boot other apps crash at random. I don't know what is causing this behaviour. Here is my Logcat.
    Seems like xposed is causing problems try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists.

Thank you for this rom, it's perfect!!!
    Are you really working for a 6.x based rom? I can't believe, MM on this ancient tablet... A dream XD
    You better believe it cause I even got it working. Only a few bugs are left in which selinux is the major one. And I'll even bring nougat on this tab. But in the month of November