[ROM][5.1] 9/17/2015-Lollipop Stock Rooted Google Play Edition LMY47O.H9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
So even if haven't converted my M8 to Gpe, this will work on my device?

I have TWRP recovery, unlocked bootloader, S-ON, and Sense-based rom currently installed.

So this will work, right?

Thanks! :)
Yes it will work on your device, WiFi will drop out when the screen is off. It has to do with bootloaders and the rest of the GPE firmware. So it's the one unavoidable bug.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: xaoup

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I was on H6. If I flash HTC_One_M8_Lollipop_5.1_LMY47O.H9.zip do I still need to flash the update.zip or firmware_0p6bimg.zip?

No you don't event want to try to flash the update.zip and the firmware is not necessary either. The firmware has the stock recovery so you actually probably don't want to even flash it anyway.

maxito71

• Feb 18, 2015
    Milano
    [ROM][5.1] 7/7/2015-Lollipop Stock Rooted Google Play Edition LMY47O.H6

No you don't event want to try to flash the update.zip and the firmware is not necessary either. The firmware has the stock recovery so you actually probably don't want to even flash it anyway.

.... and if I'm on previous H6 I just have to flash "update.zip" with twrp, right?

Scrion

Nov 16, 2011
    No incoming calls

Recently flashed GPE on the AT&T variant, I cannot receive incoming calls however outgoing work. Calls placed to my phone ring and eventually go to voicemail but my phone never rings nor do I receive a "missed call" notification in my call history. Everything else appears to be working. I've tried clearing caches, clearing all data in google service framework, checking the APN but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Update: Switching from LTE to 3G only allows incoming calls to work, not sure why?

Last edited:

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Recently flashed GPE on the AT&T variant, I cannot receive incoming calls however outgoing work. Calls placed to my phone ring and eventually go to voicemail but my phone never rings nor do I receive a "missed call" notification in my call history. Everything else appears to be working. I've tried clearing caches, clearing all data in google service framework, checking the APN but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Update: Switching from LTE to 3G only allows incoming calls to work, not sure why?

are you on the latest radio/modem firmware? I have the latest ATT firmware here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161891841
    If your still on ATT firmware and sense partition then your ok to flash that, but if you had converted GPE via the RUU then don't flash that.

1. Download the firmware packages.
    2. Rename the zip file to "0p6bimg" or "0p6diag" (if hboot is looking for a different name then rename it to whatever it's looking for)
    3. Place the zip on your external SD card
    4. Power off the phone
    5. Boot into Hboot (hold volume down as you power on the device)
    6. The zip will automatically load and ask you if you would like to proceed
    7. Select "Yes"
    8. Wait, the zip will load the hboot first, it will then reboot and continue
    9. Make sure to delete or rename the Op6bimg.zip on your external sdcard when your finished

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I guess with everyone wanting to update were making this way more difficult then it needs to be.
    If you want completely stock then Flash the RUU and just have to deal with the fact that your internal memory will probably be wiped.
    If you don't care about being completely stock then get a custom recovery installed and just update via the HTC_One_M8_Lollipop_5.1_LMY47O.H9.zip BTW the zip is completely stock except for root. If you don't want it rooted then once you download the zip you can open the zip archive and delete the supersu folder copy to your phone and flash. You'll still see the install script say installing super su but it won't get installed.

Last edited:

maxito71

• Feb 18, 2015
    Milano
    I guess with everyone wanting to update were making this way more difficult then it needs to be.

If you want completely stock then Flash the RUU and just have to deal with the fact that your internal memory will probably be wiped.

If you don't care about being completely stock then get a custom recovery installed and just update via the HTC_One_M8_Lollipop_5.1_LMY47O.H9.zip BTW the zip is completely stock except for root.

Just to be clear: I do appreciate your help and answers but I just wanted to know if for me (that I just flashed some time ago the Rom in OP - without converting to GPE and being on 4.16.401.10 - and I'm now rooted with H6 up and perfectly running) it's ok to JUST flash via twrp the ONLY "update.zip" file and I will "magically" be on H9.
    ;)

Scrion

Nov 16, 2011
    are you on the latest radio/modem firmware? I have the latest ATT firmware here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161891841
    If your still on ATT firmware and sense partition then your ok to flash that, but if you had converted GPE via the RUU then don't flash that.

1. Download the firmware packages.
    2. Rename the zip file to "0p6bimg" or "0p6diag" (if hboot is looking for a different name then rename it to whatever it's looking for)
    3. Place the zip on your external SD card
    4. Power off the phone
    5. Boot into Hboot (hold volume down as you power on the device)
    6. The zip will automatically load and ask you if you would like to proceed
    7. Select "Yes"
    8. Wait, the zip will load the hboot first, it will then reboot and continue
    9. Make sure to delete or rename the Op6bimg.zip on your external sdcard when your finished

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

If you don't care about being completely stock then get a custom recovery installed and just update via the HTC_One_M8_Lollipop_5.1_LMY47O.H9.zip BTW the zip is completely stock except for root. If you don't want it rooted then once you download the zip you can open the zip archive and delete the supersu folder copy to your phone and flash. You'll still see the install script say installing super su but it won't get installed.

I was running rooted stock with TWRP before flashing, I only went forward and flashed H6 but did not take any additional steps. I assume this means I'm not converted to GPE and should be able to flash the latest ATT firmware then?

Thanks!

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just to be clear: I do appreciate your help and answers but I just wanted to know if for me (that I just flashed some time ago the Rom in OP - without converting to GPE and being on 4.16.401.10 - and I'm now rooted with H6 up and perfectly running) it's ok to JUST flash via twrp the ONLY "update.zip" file and I will "magically" be on H9.
    ;)

Gotcha... and no worries, I just don't want everyone to be confused by reading through the thread because I could give you several ways to update and I could make it very difficult and confusing with a ton of steps. lol
    But to answer your question... no don't flash the update.zip You'll want to flash the whole H9 stock rom that I posted.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I was running rooted stock with TWRP before flashing, I only went forward and flashed H6 but did not take any additional steps. I assume this means I'm not converted to GPE and should be able to flash the latest ATT firmware then?

Thanks!

Yes you'll be good to go ahead and flash the latest AT&T firmware. But if your not S-Off then your kinda s.o.l with flashing unsigned firmware files. In that case you would need to run the latest AT&T RUU.exe from your pc or you'd have to use the signed firmeware.zip which I have if you need it but it has the boot.img and recovery.img so you will have to take some extra steps to get recovery back on and restore the gpe boot.img or reflash the rom.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Scrion

ericyao

Oct 20, 2011
    I currently have your LMY47O.H6 RUU rooted, but I installed MultiRom and have another custom rom. Now it keeps reminding to install L-MR1. Can I flash your newest rom zip? Or is there any way to remove this update reminder?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      This is a Stock Google Play Edition Rom LMY47O.H9. It has no modifications besides being rooted

Devs feel free to use as a base, just give proper credit

Updated 9/17/2015

1. Make sure you do a wipe if coming from another rom
      2. Flash in recovery
      3. reboot(I suggest TWRP)
      4. profit

It seems people on older firmware are having issues with wifi. This is due to your old firmware. If you are not S-off you will have to wait for your carrier to release updated firmware. There is nothing that can be done about it. :-/

If you have problems make sure you do a full wipe.. if you continue to have problems you need to be as detailed as possible.. What version firmware are you running? What ROM are you coming from? Are you bootloader unlocked? you need details.. if you don't give details you're more likely to get a better answer as to why it doesn't work from the fortune teller on the corner.

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

H9 Update rom zip compiled by: @enewman17

Downloads:

5.1 LMY47O.H6: http://graffixnyc.com/m8.php#rom
      DO NOT MIRROR

As this is a stock rom.. Nothing will be added.. No bug reports taken.. this is how it came right from Google with the exception of root

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

XDA:DevDB Information
      Stock GPE Rooted, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
      graffixnyc, loserskater
      ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-08
      Last Updated 2015-09-17
      Working on the update now.. You guys don't realize what a PITA this is.. Because I have to run the GPE conversion.. do backups system dumps etc.. I have to run the conversion RUU twice (once for non-rooted and once for rooted) Then I have to flash back the sense FW, Do wipes to get the partitions back to normal size, restore dump again.. then run extract then make a flashable zip.. real PITA!
      Stock GPe 4.4.4

-New KTU84P.H1 Base
      -Rooted with latest SuperSU and binaries
      -Latest BusyBox
      -Insecure boot.IMG
      -init.d Support Added
      -Write Protection Disabled (Thanks to Flar2)
      -Added custom Inverted Mms.apk with extra options based on CM11 +Quick Reply
      -Absolutely no other mods Added

Download Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358562223 (Please hit the thanks button, thanks)

MD5: 7eb2c49a9f0cd971fdbc4c0be32e42ea

@graffixnyc I used your updater-script and updated it...you may add to your op and do whatever with the zip...I just remember you saying you were swamped and busy...I figured I would help you out real quick and put it together for ya...everyone else enjoy
      Stock GPe 4.4.4

(Redid to get rid of red text..so now the write protection isn't disabled..no init.d added to kernel)

-New KTU84P.H1 Base
      -Rooted with latest SuperSU and binaries
      -Latest BusyBox
      -Added custom Inverted Mms.apk with extra options based on CM11 +Quick Reply
      -Absolutely no other mods Added

Download Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567712917 (Please hit the thanks button, thanks)

MD5: c15a0ebd96f3a16a38cb2e5ca7f1ba89

@graffixnyc I used your updater-script and updated it...you may add to your op and do whatever with the zip...I just remember you saying you were swamped and busy...I figured I would help you out real quick and put it together for ya...everyone else enjoy!!
      I put together a flashable zip of the latest H6 build:
      HTC_One_M8_Lollipop_5.1LMY47O.H6.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759081

I haven't tested this build yet (I know, shame on me) but if somebody wants to verify, I'll update the OP.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone