[ROM][5.1][Flounder] Pure AOSP 3/18/15 [LMY47D]

gchild320

Feb 17, 2012
Terre Haute
Hello! I'll be posting pure AOSP builds whenever there are new versions of android released (providing I have the time).

If you choose to use these builds, please ensure you have unlocked your bootloader and have custom recovery installed. I have also noticed that TWRP seems a little wonky at this point, so in order for me to flash it correctly, I had to wipe, then restart recovery, then flash. Hope that's not the case for everyone else.

3/18/15
Added ability to change DPI.

3/15/15
No longer messes with recovery at all. Bluetooth working, data does not force encrypt.

3/13/15
Android 5.1.0_r1 (LMY47D)
This release will wipe your recovery. If anyone needs this changed let me know and I will build another.

1/3/2015
Android 5.0.2_r1 (LRX22G)
Data is now encryptable, meaning your unencrypted data should stick going forward.
Included my own build of stock kernel with Linaro 4.9.3 toolchain.
Fixed bluetooth (thanks Lollipopalooza/Craig)
No longer need to re-flash recovery.

12/6/2014
Android 5.0.1_r1 (LRX22C)
You will need to install separate gapps
You will need to re-flash your custom recovery after you install (you all let me know if I should change this or not, I think I will on future builds)

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device or to you, yourself while flashing this.
Latest DL Links will be in post #2.

XDA:DevDB Information
Pure AOSP Flounder, ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
gchild320
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-06
Last Updated 2015-01-03

Last edited:

maddog975

Apr 9, 2011
Chicago
www.ansotech.com
build

Awesome !!!! Been waiting for this. How did u build? Last week since their are little options for roms decided to build one on my own and i did a repo sync to Google source but when i did lunch flounder wasn't listed in the build options ?

omvir

Apr 28, 2011
Adaptive brightness doesn't work. Other than that everything seems to be working.

Edit: Okay so I used an app to look at which sensors were working and which ones weren't... The proximity sensor is not working at all.

Last edited:

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Flounder still isn't listed :) just lunch it anyway
I use USBhost's version of TWRP. I tried to flash the rom following directions in OP. It wouldn't flash. First it said for flounder and this device is flounder. Also said something about updater binary. I got this with the other rom also. I tried un-mounting and mounting system, but I still got the error messages. Any ideas?

gchild320

Feb 17, 2012
Terre Haute
I use USBhost's version of TWRP. I tried to flash the rom following directions in OP. It wouldn't flash. First it said for flounder and this device is flounder. Also said something about updater binary. I got this with the other rom also. I tried un-mounting and mounting system, but I still got the error messages. Any ideas?
I manually changed it to work with official twrp... Not sure why twrp is calling it volantis instead of flounder but that's why. Also, to get anything to flash in twrp at the moment, I have to reboot recovery after wiping. Hope this helps.

Reactions: fhem