[ROM][5.1/LMY47D][AOSP] AOSP Lollipop: a wee better than stock.

Should i add back f2fs to /system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
I installed this ROM and have two issues.

First, it looks like network location doesn't work.

Second, Gmail, Inbox and Hangouts throw out "Unknown Google Play error".

EDIT: Ok, I fixed Google errors by installing newest Play services. But network location still doesn't work :/

Last edited:

aldroidx

Mar 5, 2012
Mukalla
Is it safe to clean flash this rom over:
slimkat with gnex eMMC type (VYL00M)?
And should i update any drivers? cuz it's the first time to upgrade from slimkat kitkat 4.4 and didn't try fml kitkat rom.!
And thanks to the devs ?

Last edited:

thelegbra

Nov 30, 2011
I installed this ROM and have two issues.

First, it looks like network location doesn't work.

Second, Gmail, Inbox and Hangouts throw out "Unknown Google Play error".

EDIT: Ok, I fixed Google errors by installing newest Play services. But network location still doesn't work :/

i had the same errors with the last version of minimal gapps, which already includes the newest play services. how exactly did you solve your problem?

edit: installing com.google.android.gms-6.5.99_(1642632-436)-6599436-minAPI21.apk on top of the minimal gapps fixed the problem.

Last edited:

aminbandali

Feb 15, 2013
Waterloo
aminb.org
@freshgiammi does this ROM include the updated GPU drivers by MWisBest?

And according to your own experience (even if biased), is your ROM smoother on your device, or FML?

Sorry if it's been asked before, I went through the thread and didn't see anything about it.

freshgiammi

Dec 2, 2012
Pesaro
OnePlus 6
Is it safe to clean flash this rom over:
slimkat with gnex eMMC type (VYL00M)?
And should i update any drivers? cuz it's the first time to upgrade from slimkat kitkat 4.4 and didn't try fml kitkat rom.!
And thanks to the devs ?
Yeah, it's safe. No update needed.

@freshgiammi is it possible to disable the notification led during charging? i don't think that's the stock behaviour and it may wear the led down.
That's a leftover from MW's overlays! Gonna look into that.

Another bug - when phone is calling the screen doesn't wake up. I have to press power button and tap "Answer" on the notification to answer the call.
I don't have this issue, could you give me a dmesg/logcat?

Reactions: aldroidx and DT84

sym_m

Jul 30, 2011
Hi the rom run well on my phone but i have issue with google play did't show my apps any help ?

freshgiammi

Dec 2, 2012
Pesaro
OnePlus 6
Sure, here they are. Also, I set system language and regional settings to Polish / Poland. Sometimes that causes trouble :)

And what about not working network location I mentioned earlier?

Logs LGTM. Not having these issues, perhaps you should reboot, maybe something is interfering?
Network Location is working okay here, but i'll look more into it if you get trouble. Try to use FML gapps if you went minimal.

Strange thing - installing FML GApps fixed issue with screen not waking up for incoming call.

But network location still doesn't work. I guess that this error explains it - "Asset path '/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar' does not exist or contains no resources." .

The problem is the file is there. Mininal Gapps didn't have it, but FML package installed it. But network location still doesn't work and this error is still in logcat :/

EDIT: Did a full wipe and reinstalled AOSP with FML GApps - still the same issue. Some more logs:

Code:
-16 19:38:04.523      453-475/system_process W/LocationManagerService﹕ no network location provider found
12-16 19:38:04.555      453-453/system_process W/ResourcesManager﹕ Asset path '/system/framework/com.android.location.provider.jar' does not exist or contains no resources.
12-16 19:38:04.559      453-475/system_process E/LocationManagerService﹕ no geocoder provider found
12-16 19:38:04.560      453-475/system_process E/LocationManagerService﹕ FLP HAL not supported
12-16 19:38:04.564      453-475/system_process E/LocationManagerService﹕ Unable to bind FLP Geofence proxy.
12-16 19:38:04.565      453-475/system_process E/LocationManagerService﹕ Hardware Activity-Recognition not supported.

EDIT2: Went to CM12 - network location works even with Minimal GApps package. So it has to be something with your ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemantv

one2one69

Jan 30, 2009
Rome
I installed Camera360 free app and it works.
You can use that instead of stock app, at least for photos, until camera issue is not yet fixed.
For the video, the stock camera app records, but baddly (with green/purple artifacts)

alboz83

Feb 2, 2011
Cagliari
I installed Camera360 free app and it works.
You can use that instead of stock app, at least for photos, until camera issue is not yet fixed.
For the video, the stock camera app records, but baddly (with green/purple artifacts)
So camera360 works everytime you use it? Because i tried many many camera apps, camera 360 also, and after a few time doesn't works

aldroidx

Mar 5, 2012
Mukalla
Faced alot of random reboots, and it makes sounds like it will reboot ( creepy ticking sound) , camera and network location are broke (using minimal gapps) but overall it runs amazingly in this early stages [emoji106]

Thanks dev

Hemidroids

Dec 31, 2010
I am liking this ROM. No isues other then the camera so far.

The only thing I am really missing is CM privacy function.

The new lolipop sound and notification profiles are pretty cool.

One thing I dont like about the new dropdown is the wifi now takes several clicks to get to the wifi screen. Long press has been removed.

Gmail will now eaisly do other mail providers and you can quickly switch back and forth between inboxes.

Overall the new interface is really cool.

Thanks for bringing Lolipop to our phone :D

rajputrajat

Nov 25, 2010
Ghaziabad
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 5
I am liking this ROM. No isues other then the camera so far.

The only thing I am really missing is CM privacy function.

The new lolipop sound and notification profiles are pretty cool.

One thing I dont like about the new dropdown is the wifi now takes several clicks to get to the wifi screen. Long press has been removed.

Gmail will now eaisly do other mail providers and you can quickly switch back and forth between inboxes.

Overall the new interface is really cool.

Thanks for bringing Lolipop to our phone :D

Well, accessing wifi screen is easier then ever.. You have to click on the wifi network name beneath the icon.. Same is true for bluetooth :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP LOLLIPOP: a wee better than stock.​
    Directly from the OMAP4XXX team, here it is... a completely stock experience.​

Back in July 2014, i started working on Android seriously. From a newbie, i had put up a nice kernel, aka the FreshKernel, based on Ziyan's rebased OZ, the first of its kind.
    Later on, i joined the party on hangouts with all the other developer, to whom i'm really thankful. (@MWisBest, @aosp, @Ziyan, @bsmitty, @jhonnyx, pattyboi:), @Hashcode, @Icepeda, @osm0sis and all the others i might have missed out.)
    Few months later, i managed to sync my first repo (after dozens of root issues on my computer, ugh) and started working, a few days after the release of 5.0.0_r1.
    Now, a month and a half after, i'm here to announce you my first rom, simply called: AOSP.

What does it differ from other ROMs?
    Simple. It's philosophy is staying close to stock. Even closer that OmniROM. Closer to AOSP than AOSP itself.
    Jokes apart, AOSP is the true philosophy, with a few tweaks to make it feel snappier but not too much intrusive changes.
    Kinda how ShinyROM was for KK 4.4.

HOW STABLE IS IT
    VERY STABLE.
    But there are some bugs, however. They're more or less, the same as CM12 and FML.
    -H/W Decoding has some issues. 3GP with AVC containers are buggy, as well as some rotation issues and lags.
    -Camera is not saving pictures. This might be due to some resolution stuff being borked. Also, video throws out green lines. (Perhaps OMX?)
    Aftermarket cameras work OK (I suggest Camera FV-5 or CameraFX)
    -Offline Charging is broken. Also, "charging" text stays stuck on the lockscreen.
    -Swipe on Google Keyboard is somehow, still broken.
    -LMK is TOO DAMN aggressive.

More? You tell me!

TAKE ME TO THE DOWNLOADS!
    YES SIR, but first be aware.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

Lastest Build:AOSP_maguro_130315.zip
    Gapps: I reccomend you to use the Minimal Gapps or FML Gapps.

More to come.. ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    freshgiammi, MWisBest, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-12
    Last Updated 2015-03-13
    Merry (Early) Christmas!
    Enjoy 5.1 sweets. Lollipops. Changelog on #02

https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=freshgiammi&dl=freshgiammi/AOSP_maguro_130315.zip
    (Grab it while it's hot)
    FLASH WITH 5.1 GAPPS
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=11479
    Good, managed to get a build running.
    ANNOUNCEMENT: We finally got rid of the *charging* text stuck in the lockscreen with 5.1, so expect this bug to be fixed across all 5.1 roms.

If my timetable permits, I'll get a build pushed tomorrow night.
    Changelogs

150215 to 130315

-Updated to 5.1 (LMY47D).
    Galaxy Nexus is now so overpumped it performs like it's on heavy drugs. (SPD +10)
    -Added Color Control and OC. (And under-the-hood changes.)
    -Netflix and Google Movies are now fixed!
    -There is no *charging* stuck on the lockscreen anymore!
    -Offline Charging fixed!
    -REMOVED RRO. (Seems like it's broken on 5.1, so no-go for the moment.)

260115 to 150215.

-Added translations for Czech, Russian, Brasilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Polish, Serbian.
    -Misc updates to devicetree.
    -Updated icons.
    -Fixed brower settings FC.
    -Added RRO Theme Overlays: feel free to test it out with the BitSyko Layers app.
    -Fixed keyboard swipe FC.

220115 to 260115.

-Added translations for Italian, German.
    -Removed proprietary binary fRom with dumpdcc by @Ziyan .
    -Removed LED light while recharging.
    -Tweaked LMK again. These values should be the best. and lag should be gone. Report eventual laggyness or issues to multitasking.
    -Enabled SELinux Enforcing mode and enabled PIE security. (You should be able to see SELinux status in Settings->About phone.)

231214 to 220115.
    -Screenrecording fixed.
    -Camera fixed, 90% done.
    -H/W Decoding has been improved.
    -Flashlight quicktoggle is now working.
    -Long SMS sending ( >160 char) is now working.
    -More SELinux policies, going towards a fully enforcing build soon. Please, report every denial you see in dmesg. RIL/Radio related are very needed atm.
    -LMK has been lowered to keep a better multitasking. Values are still being reworked. Please report how it behaves.
    [EXTRA INFO] AOSP+ is 85% done, expect a release soon. Just have a few bugs to deal with, just need the time to.

121214 to 231214.
    -Updated to 5.0.2_r1 [LRX22G]
    -Added Reboot and Airplane Mode under power menu.
    -Geolocalization fixed. (It was fixed before, just an overlay mismatch problem.)
    -Removed IccSmsIntergaceManager debug logs.

Mainly to dev purposes, this pushes the hell out of logcats. We're trying to fix the camera here!
    -Fixed a method signature on hardware_ti_omap4xxx repo.
    -Enabled NON-PIE binaries.

Was it enabled before? I don't remember. PIE is disabled until fRom gets fixed.
    -Switched PVR back in the Kernel.
    This should fix issues with custom kernels. Also, AOSP+ kernel is coming soon! (tee-hee)
    NEW VERSION (231214) ON OP!
    Changelog coming soon on #2, sorry for the delay.