[ROM] [5.1.x] Official CM-12.1 nightly releases

Search This thread

Flintberg

Feb 14, 2012
Warsaw
Can I flash cm13 and then, eventually, restore TWRP backup of stock 5.1 without the risk of bricking due to downgrading? What is the correct, safe procedure?

vista178

Mar 12, 2008
Can I flash cm13 and then, eventually, restore TWRP backup of stock 5.1 without the risk of bricking due to downgrading? What is the correct, safe procedure?

I did this just this morning to see if cm13 was working well with my Verizon handset yet. While everything seems to work there are still some issues with the radio I think. (I'm speaking specifically to my phone claiming to be roaming on GSM.) From TWRP I did a full backup. Then, I upgraded to cm13 over cm12.1 and then flash opengapps (nano). After deciding against sticking with the upgrade I just restored my backup - sans issue.

Reactions: Flintberg
G

Gus.Ottawa

Clean flashed CM 13.0 24 November, Open Gapps Stock 24 November, Google Camera 3.1 crashes on left swipe for Video, stills work, not video. Otherwise everything else seems to work fine, so far.

I reflashed CM 13.0, but this time with Delta Gapps Base (Play Store/Services only), so left all stock CM apps as is, stock CM camera works fine for stills and video. For now, I will install apps from the Play Store, on CM13.

Last edited:

nanca

Jan 12, 2013
PSA cm-13.0'ers

Now that the databases have been more-or-less finalized for cm-13.0, what we've had during these early stages isn't compatible with what upstream CM has moved to. This is what's causing your force closes now. (The penalty we pay for being early adopters :silly:)

Solutions: (choose one)
1. Flash this zip when you flash an updated rom zip. (Its just an automated version of option #2) (No, it doesn't matter if its done before or after you flash the rom, just make sure you do it before you boot)
2. Run these commands:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell rm -rf /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony
adb shell rm -rf /data/data/com.android.providers.settings
adb shell rm -rf /data/data/com.android.settings
adb reboot
3. Do a data wipe/factory reset

This should only need to be done this one time, as long as you don't try to go back to an old build.

Dear awesome dev. Do we still need to do this when flashing the "official" nightly?
Also, do you know if it worth/good flashing that stock 6.0 moto firm before diving into cm13?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!! =D

Brutal_Master

Mar 9, 2013
Most important is the audio fix, builds around the time of the latest snapshot had weak audio, low volume/low bass, that issue was fixed sometime after the snapshot build. There have been dozens if not hundreds of bug fixes since then, and always some new features (you can install some Motorola apps from the play store).
It's all in the changelog: http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/victara/

Where can i find the latest changelog for victara? I'm having a couple "glitches" and i'm not sure if it's CM or Lollipop...some of my issues:
1. Smart lock doesn't work after a restart UPDATE** figured this one out!
2. There seems to be "layering" issues...sometimes the dialog windows are BEHIND my navigation bar and i hence can't easily hit the buttons.

Last edited:

Brutal_Master

Mar 9, 2013
Anyone know if the audioxfx issues were fixed in ANY of the nightlies? I'm experiencing some WEIRD audio level issues...i tried disabling audiofx but the issues persist. :(

nanca

Jan 12, 2013
I'll try them now... i assume i can flash this on version 12.1? In other words, there is only 1 app package for ALL the different CM versions?

I did on 12.1. Audio Fx worked like a charm.
But I'm not sure this pack is gonna work elsewhere.
They were released on 12.1 season so it might not be fully ready on 13 yet. You have to check. =)

fajarlazuarding

Jun 23, 2013
Hallo. I'm new to this device and I'd like to try CM, but i prefer snapshot release though.

I used to use nexus 5, I usually used TWRP to flash custom ROM.

My question is,
1. What is the CM included recovery IMG founded on CM official website for ?

2. Since the OP didn't state the method to install this ROM, does this the right step to flash this? (All using TWRP)
- clean wipe
- flash ROM & GApps
- SuperSU

Thanks for the answer :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dher

Jan 22, 2012
Curitiba
1. What is the CM included recovery IMG founded on CM official website for ?
Cyanogen Recovery was developed first for the Cyanogen company for the phones Cyanogen OS is developed for. It is intentionally simple for production phones, it offers basic factory resetting and updating from the filesystem or via ADB sideload. The version available outside of CyanogenOS phones adds the functionality of flashing unsigned zips. It's simple and functional on purpose. Day to day updating of CyanogenMod doesn't require the myriad of options available elsewhere. There is a simple backup option built in via adb backup (that is not known well enough but works great)

TWRP is the swiss army knife with chainsaw attachment. It does it all and then some. If you regularly switch roms, flash extra bits, think that wiping 3x is a good idea, etc. TWRP does it all.

Cyanogen Recovery is simple (it is known as Cyanogen Simple Recovery) and there's really no need to add a billion features because if you want them, TWRP has them.

2. Since the OP didn't state the method to install this ROM, does this the right step to flash this? (All using TWRP)
- clean wipe
- flash ROM & GApps
- SuperSU
- Backup
- Full Wipe
- Flash ROM
- Flash OpenGapps
- Reboot

fajarlazuarding

Jun 23, 2013
Cyanogen Recovery was developed first for the Cyanogen company for the phones Cyanogen OS is developed for. It is intentionally simple for production phones, it offers basic factory resetting and updating from the filesystem or via ADB sideload. The version available outside of CyanogenOS phones adds the functionality of flashing unsigned zips. It's simple and functional on purpose. Day to day updating of CyanogenMod doesn't require the myriad of options available elsewhere. There is a simple backup option built in via adb backup (that is not known well enough but works great)

TWRP is the swiss army knife with chainsaw attachment. It does it all and then some. If you regularly switch roms, flash extra bits, think that wiping 3x is a good idea, etc. TWRP does it all.

Cyanogen Recovery is simple (it is known as Cyanogen Simple Recovery) and there's really no need to add a billion features because if you want them, TWRP has them.

- Backup
- Full Wipe
- Flash ROM
- Flash OpenGapps
- Reboot

Well explained! So i dont need to flash superSU anymore ?

Anyway, Thanks sir ?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

When coming from any other ROM, you must do a factory reset / clean flash.

The first boot can take a very long time. Don't assume that it is a bad flash, boot loop, etc. until it has sat for at least 5 minutes.

Links

ROM: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=victara
    Changelog: http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/victara
    GAPPS: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (pick the latest gapps-lpmr1*)

Known Issues

* AudioFX doesn't work.

GPS Issues?

* Asked and answered, search the thread for more info. As of the 2015-06-07 build, there should be no remaining issues so please try a new version before posting about it!

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel
    Just a little update: M is coming along nicely. About the only thing left to fix is the camera (crashes when taking a pic). Looks like we're in pretty good shape! :good:

(seriously though, what a hack-fest to get L blobs working on M...I feel dirty about some of the patches I pushed for this :silly:)
    Even those of us who don't mind camera not working, would you still be holding off on a beta release? Itching to see improvements on my X2

I can't give you a build with a bad camera, I'd never be able to forgive myself.

So here's one with a working camera: http://www.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-13.0/victara/
    ;)

PS - its selinux permissive, so those with tinfoil hats: this build may not be for you.
    looks like the build failed for something that wasn't my fault this time =P

Code:
    error: /opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-12.1/out/target/product/victara/recovery.img too large (11384832 > [10813440 - 270336])
    make: *** [/opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-12.1/out/target/product/victara/recovery.img] Error 1
    make: *** Deleting file `/opt/jenkins/android/workspace/android/cm-12.1/out/target/product/victara/recovery.img'
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs...

i'll have a fix out for the next round....sorry :(

EDIT: well f....nothing i've changed should cause this....not sure what's going on, but i wonder if the build box is messed up or something. a couple other devices failed for random weird reasons too
    @flitzjoy - cm-13.0 is coming along. victara is my slowest device since its my daily driver and i have to backup to test anything
    FYI, the next nightly will contain a merge of the proprietary blobs, kernel changes and device changes from Motorola's 5.1 release. Let me know if you have problems.