[ROM][5/23/14][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.3 Beta 6

Search This thread
Do I need to flash loki-doki after flashing this rom?

My current setup:

AT&T S4 running original 4.2.2 stock rooted rom (no OTAs, I have MDL still).
current recovery is TWRP 2.7.0.1 Touch

I have flashed a few different roms on my original Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note 8.0 but I've been too scared to mess with my S4 due to it's locked bootloader. I'm a newb at all this after all and like most I can't live without my cell phone fr more than a few hours.

Can someone confirm for me that based on my setup I would just need to do the following in TWRP Recovery:
1) a nandroid backup
2) full wipe (system/cache/dalvik)
3) flash this rom in recovery
4) flash Gapps
Do I need to install loki-doki.zip? If so, do I do it just after rom and before Gapps or after both?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Also, are their any know issues with this rom on the jflteatt? Camera/wifi/phone problems or anything that may make someone second-guess using this rom in it's current state? I already use an ASOPA rom on my Note 8.0 so I understand how it will be different than stock but I mean actual problems with using hardware features of my phone due to in-development software that isn't quite ready.

Thanks again.

david.degraw54

Jan 29, 2012
New Jersey
Do I need to flash loki-doki after flashing this rom?

My current setup:

AT&T S4 running original 4.2.2 stock rooted rom (no OTAs, I have MDL still).
current recovery is TWRP 2.7.0.1 Touch

I have flashed a few different roms on my original Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note 8.0 but I've been too scared to mess with my S4 due to it's locked bootloader. I'm a newb at all this after all and like most I can't live without my cell phone fr more than a few hours.

Can someone confirm for me that based on my setup I would just need to do the following in TWRP Recovery:
1) a nandroid backup
2) full wipe (system/cache/dalvik)
3) flash this rom in recovery
4) flash Gapps
Do I need to install loki-doki.zip? If so, do I do it just after rom and before Gapps or after both?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Also, are their any know issues with this rom on the jflteatt? Camera/wifi/phone problems or anything that may make someone second-guess using this rom in it's current state? I already use an ASOPA rom on my Note 8.0 so I understand how it will be different than stock but I mean actual problems with using hardware features of my phone due to in-development software that isn't quite ready.

Thanks again.

I haven't experienced any bugs or anything. ROM is running very well. The steps you have are fine but you should also wipe data and I recommend installing KT kernel. Whether you use KT kernel or not, you do not need to flash loki-doki.zip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

I haven't experienced any bugs or anything. ROM is running very well. The steps you have are fine but you should also wipe data and I recommend installing KT kernel. Whether you use KT kernel or not, you do not need to flash loki-doki.zip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the info.

I have never delved into independent kernel upgrades before. Can you give me any good reasons to do it? Not trying to argue with you or anything like that - I appreciate the suggestion I just don't understand what the potential gains would be in general nor with this specific kernel you suggest. I searched for it and saw the change log but i didn't glean much info that made any real sense to me.

Thank you again!

Last edited:
OK so I bit the bullet and flashed this rom to my S4. So far I'm very happy with it in general. I have two issues though and would like some input from anyone that may be able to help.

1) Camera App crashes after showing a fully black screen for about 10 seconds. Phone doesn't freeze up as the notification shade and multitasker can pop up without issues. Any third party camera app I load say it "Can't Access the Camera"...
EDIT: Fixed itself after 3 or 4 reboots...

2) Storage in the settings shows total space as 23.81GB on my 32GB S4... What? Also, while at this point even those incorrect numbers say I have about 18.74GB free, if I load an app from the play store it tells me via a toast that I have only 3.80GB of internal storage left...

3) Bluetooth acts wonky when at least two paired devices are connected at the same time. My example is a hands free device and BT stereo media device both connected. On stock ROM calls went to hands free and music played to stereo media without issue. Now if one of the two try to be in use while both are connected all BT devices get disconnected and reconnect 10sec later as if I shut off Bluetooth and turned it back on.

Thanks.

Last edited:

JiNYx007

May 19, 2007
How exactly do you get pie to show? I'm in immersive mode and when I was messing around it showed for a split second on the bottom of the screen but I tried swiping in all directions and I just can't figure it out. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5/23/14][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.3 Beta 6

hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

**PA 4.0 BUILDS

PA Gapps

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    ayysir
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 3.99

Created 2013-09-22
    Last Updated 2014-05-24
    DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15
    MAIN DOWNLOAD LINK FOR AT&T USERS
    Download Link: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/jflteatt

MAIN DOWNLOAD LINK FOR CANADIAN CARRIERS
    Download Link: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/jfltecan

MIRROR LINK FOR AT&T USERS
    Download Link: http://goo.gl/wUa9Y

MIRROR LINK FOR CANADIAN USERS
    Download Link: http://goo.gl/SCSQd

Gapps: PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:
    paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

-Version 3.60 - Stable
    - HALO OPEN SOURCED
    -MultiWindow additons/fixes
    -Camera bugs fixed (No flash crash)
    -Latest CM updates (I do use CM repos to keep backend files updated which helps keep build from being laggy)

-Version 3.56
    -Includes HALO notifications
    -MultiWindow integrated
    -Camera bugs fixed (No flash crash)
    -Latest CM updates (I do use CM repos to keep backend files updated which helps keep build from being laggy)
    -Fstrim init.d and binary script include to balance out journal write speeds
    -DashClock integrated
    -Halo Beta app integrated
    -Stable for DD

-Version 3.15
    -Running JB 4.2.2 - Using PA's Legacy branch
    -PA settings now stick due to using WOH's repos
    -Official Android 4.2.2 changelog
    -New Mali Drivers (Credits to CM)
    -Home Button Recents Fixed
    -Battery Circle option added
    -PIE disable option added
    -New pie toggle icons
    -Bluetooth audio sampling increase
    -Compiled using NEON Optimizations
    -QuickSettings Updated
    -Koush's new SuperUser implementation integrated
    -Updated HybridPreferences
    -General overall updates, & fixes
    NEW BUILD!!

MD5 Sum: no MD5 til I build from source
    Download Link: http://goo.gl/f2zgd

Changelog

- removed updater-script assert in coding so no more worry about that
    - Proper Build.prop
    - Fixed DPI, uses HTC ONE's xxhdpi thanks to @slick_rick
    - Sms from Halo fix
    - Camera Bug fixed
    I am now building att variant from source.. Will be doing the same for CAN version. Att version will have Loki included. As cm has it that way

Mostly stayed up til 6 am. Fixing build bot and supporting new devices. Fixing these issues these ppl keep repeating like trolls.

By the end of the day you will get a new build with fixes

If you want to fix sd bug, try taking Vold file from another rom system/bin folder and replace that one with mine. Then I think sd reading will work.

Til then I'll be catching up on my TV shows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta