[ROM][5.x] CyanogenMod (CM12 / CM 12.1)

Search This thread

gtab2luvit

Jul 15, 2015
Unable to use Physical Keyboard

I apologize in advance for providing info that should be obvious from the thread I’m posting in but after reading previous posts, it seems that almost all devices are relevant here.
Galaxy Tab 2; (p3113) Currently running cm-12.1-20150623-0942 & gapps-511-base-20150524-1. Keyboard Dock EKD-K11AWEGXAR.
As stated above the keyboard will no longer work after upgrading to cm 12.1. I have searched the xda forums & found that the physical keyboard was removed since there was no accompanying keyboard apk (if I remember correctly). But AndroidAndi (Rock SuperStar, btw:cool:) had provided info on how to get the physical keyboard working so I updated the following on my tablet:

#!/system/bin/sh
Insmod/system/lib/modules/sec_doc_keyboard.ko

I did this using the universal init.d app (allowed root access & the init d app to run on bootup) & the keyboard did indeed work. However the rom became unstable, causing multiple reboots daily even when the tablet was not actively being used. At the time I was running cm-12.1-20150515-2323. Any assistance provided to get the physical keyboard working correctly is greatly appreciated. I assume that the root access to keep the keyboard active is what caused the reboots. I have updated the rom to 12.1-20150623-0942, but have not updated the init.d so that the keyboard will work. The tablet has been running without issue or reboots with the init.d left alone.
Please bear in mind that while I’m not new at this, I guess I’m a novice since my last programming education was back when c64 & trs80 were the rage & Basic, Fortran & Pascal were the languages that ruled the day. So please be patient with my lack of experience.

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I have tried the Chromecast app in another roms but don't find either. In my case the TV (sony) use miracast, in my Moto X (2014) works fine with native screen mirror and in Galaxy Tab 2 don't find the TV on the network.
Miracast was never working on custom roms and i didn't got it working... Besides me no one seems to contribute anything back to tab 2 development, only getting a copy of the source and build a different rom.... Can't make you much hope to fix it at some point as I'll be out after Lollipop (my tab only used for development... Turned to an alarm clock.. (it's a transformer?)...

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
Miracast was never working on custom roms and i didn't got it working... Besides me no one seems to contribute anything back to tab 2 development, only getting a copy of the source and build a different rom.... Can't make you much hope to fix it at some point as I'll be out after Lollipop (my tab only used for development... Turned to an alarm clock.. (it's a transformer?)...

I thought that the development in P3110 was active :( I was using for a long time the candy rom (4.4). Yesterday I updated to Lollipop.
Can this patch be ported to p3110? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49265142&postcount=118
Seems to enable miracast support on CM11 devices.

Reactions: thopiekar

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@filipepferraz you can check the device repo and see who did all the contributions and who is the author of the commits ;)

At least on SlimLP the line mentioned in your link does not exist
Code:
[email protected]:~/android/roms/slimroms/5.1/p3110$ adb root
restarting adbd as root
[email protected]:~/android/roms/slimroms/5.1/p3110$ adb shell cat /data/misc/wifi/p2p_supplicant.conf
disable_scan_offload=1
driver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1
update_config=1
p2p_no_go_freq=5170-5740
pmf=1
wowlan_triggers=any
p2p_search_delay=0
key_mgmt_offload=1

But feel free to play with it - it's mentioned how it works and shouldn't be a problem to learn and use those adb commands ;) let me know if you get it working, i don't have any TV which supports miracast.
At least you should try to get proper logs - how to fix it without?

Maybe you can also play with:
/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
/system/etc/wifi/p2p_supplicant_overlay.conf

I think @thopiekar can be a helping hand for you too - he was also working on trying to fix it

Reactions: softtechiez

mtarwalla

Jul 16, 2015
Can't find a compatible gapps

I am sorry but I am a newbie to this but I can't seem to find a compatible gapps because of so many provided over the thread so if someone could please provide me with a link of the compatible gapps asap that would be great

Thanks

softtechiez

Sep 20, 2014
Sorry andi i did not give the recommended links in this thread. But i have tested that cm_gapps. Which works fine with no error.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

First off thanks for such a fast reply.

But I am a real noob here so I don't know how to check if my device is either arm, arm64 or x86.

Can you help?

Use twrp recovery. Wipe cache,dalvik, system,data. Flash the ROM and gapps. Once again wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot system. I am sure it should work. Did u follow the steps correctly??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone