[ROM][5.x] SlimLP

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
is this kernel support swap, i like to use ram expander but cant find support kernel for gt-p3100? do you know any kernel thats support swap?
256mb zram are added

don't confuse zram with swap.
zram utilizes a compressed portion of ram as a swap space.

swap is evil, which is why we're not using it.
traditional swap utilizes disk, like windows swap etc.
there's also zswap, which is compressed swap, but we do not use it either.

~ All my work, news etc. on http://andi34.github.io ~

Last edited:
Reactions: RoxAbout

matteo92

May 22, 2013
ubuntufast.blogspot.it
Wifi always active?

Hi Andi, please have a look at the attached screenshot. The last 24h of battery life clearly show the always-active wifi signal. I swear it was always turned OFF, and I disabled the permission to switch it on automatically for localization purposes. I cannot understand if wifi was really turned or it's just a bug of the battery diagram...

PS. in case you find useful my little installation guide(previous page), please feel free to add a link in the opening topic, so that even users that are not used to search key-words into a topic can find it quite easily. Thanks =)

UPDATE. problem solved ---> I used the Tab till battery was really 0% (automatic shutdown), then I connected it to the charge and wiped cache/dalvik. Waited till it was 100% again and no more issues with false wifi signal. I will let you know how the battery life iswith this rom... seems very good but I'd like to compare it with SlimKat.

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Lets leave this here
57b131755fb99fc11f99799c26827383.jpg

martinisok

Mar 31, 2014
Thx Andi just installed this latest build, was still on slim lp from February. Installed fine with old cwm that was already on. I see a zip file for kernel you posted back in July should I install that too? Would it make a difference? Thx.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

zephyr79

Apr 22, 2010
Must be going blind but can't seem to find the October update, it is still up?

[EDIT] please ignore that next week I'm going to the opticians lol

Last edited:

zephyr79

Apr 22, 2010
Tried to install latest update on both CWM & TWRP but I keep getting an installation failed message, Also tried redownloading the Rom file but same.

zephyr79

Apr 22, 2010
Yep I've read it I've followed those instructions but I still can't get it to install, its not a problem for me really just odd as I had no such issue install the rom beforehand.
EDIT!!!!! @Android-Andi I reflashed TWRP which I downloaded from my PC & boom it's worked, I guess somehow the recovery must have got corrupted (if that's possible?) But nevertheless it's working & going through the App optimisation process, thanks for reminding me sometimes it pays to really scrutinise the finer details :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts