• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][5X][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
FAQ and installation guide are updated for the fact that GApps are now included. Dirty flashing process has not changed for the future but for this build, I would recommend either clean flashing or at least wipe system in addition to the caches to make sure everything gets cleaned out. Clean flash before reporting any issues, they will be ignored otherwise.

Substratum will also work in rootless mode with this update so there should be no issues with it going forward. Please take them to the dedicated Substratum thread or Google+ community if you do have any problems.

Enjoy!
FAQ mentions that Gapps are included, but not which Gapps. A list someplace of included Gapps would be helpful. Thanks.

G

GuestK00409

I just clean flashed the ROM (wiped Internal storage too). In storage it shows 500+ MB in "other' but when i try to explore the internal storage there is nothing related to that. Does anyone know what is taking this much storage?

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
"Remove: backuptool as it is no longer needed for gapps"
Can anyone tell me what is the effect of this line in the changelog?
What was this 'backuptool' used for?

Thanks
Restoring GApps on a dirty flash. Normally, without that, you would need to flash GApps after flashing the ROM on a dirty flash but since they are included, that tool is no longer needed.

enzo_cz

Oct 25, 2014
Bilovice
again guys sorry for my absence in the threads as of late i have had alot going on luckily things are starting to settle down so i should be around more and builds should be more frequent.
Beans, thanks bunches, really. Please don't be sorry. You do extremely awesome job. And to me having a montly update is just perfect. I have never understood getting weeklies unless it brought in some major fixes to be honest. Thanks for giving us this sparkling star. My phone has never flown like it does now.

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
I don't see FBE conversion setting in dev settings. And the fastboot command doesn't work anymore...
Is FBE already deprecated ? ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus+5X en utilisant Tapatalk
It's not deprecated but TWRP for the Nexus 5X doesn't currently support it. From the Nexus 5X TWRP thread:
Has anyone had any luck with FBE decrypt? Installed TWRP 3.1 but it still doesn't ask for my pin.
I've found that it isn't compiled in to the Nexus 5x version. If you look in the TRWP log, it will have an error indicating that. I searched through the source code and it indicates that the code path was disabled.

I posted in the Google+ TWRP group asking if we could get a copy with it enabled, but I've unfortunately just heard silence. I briefly looked into compiling it myself, but that looks like it would take a lot of time to setup.

tassos_chry

May 26, 2013
It's the Full Dynamic GApps. I'll add it to the FAQ
Could it maybe be possible for the Mini Dynamic Gapps package to be baked into the ROM instead of the Full Dynamic package instead? That way users who need the full package can download the apps through PlayStore, and those of us who prefer simplicity don't need to remove all those system apps that we do not use

Thank you!

mrorange2108

Nov 23, 2014
Maybe I am blind.... where can I enable rhe loudspeaker during call controlled by the proximity sensor? Could not find it in call settings of the phone app anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: rene_r

peoplesindian

Feb 16, 2015
Toronto
I just clean flashed the ROM (wiped Internal storage too). In storage it shows 500+ MB in "other' but when i try to explore the internal storage there is nothing related to that. Does anyone know what is taking this much storage?
I have the same issue. Got 1.25 GB in the other section for storage. I have a feeling that it's the ROM and kernal zip files that are lost somewhere in the internal storage. I've had no luck locating the 2 zip files. Clean flash (also wiped storage too before flashing)

Attachments

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone