[ROM][6.0.1] Android 6 - Marshmallow (August 5, 2016) [T700/T705/T800/T805]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jeevvert

Apr 12, 2017
I flashed this and really liked the bootanimation, but flashed something else after. Is there a way to extract the boot image files from the unflashed files or do I need to reflash and copy them?

Or maybe they are online somewhere? I found one on a boot animation site, but that one was not for tablets apparent as everything looked weird.

Sourabh Peruri

Apr 17, 2017
What do u mean by major issues on t805? I heard that camera is not working properly. Is it solved? And what about 7.0 issues for t805? Is the sim and YouTube issue cleared?

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
this old abandoned thread should be deleted or locked.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE: THREAD CLOSED ! The coder for this Rom is gone a long time ago.

Reactions: robhug

vecna

Jul 14, 2017
I am building a t705 image right now, if all the source is still there , and not to many build errors, will post an alternative download location in a few days. According to the posts here this is the only t705 asop rom to fully work ( vanir comes second but fingerprint not working for me , and no fast charge ) am looking forward to trying it !

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
I compiled a t705 varient of this rom here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/general/rom-t3637750
The t700 is virtually identical, but you would need to modify the eddify script to get it to flash.
I suppose i could compile a t700 version but have nothing to test it on.

glad to see that there are still many developers like you try to rebuild this abandoned AOSP. And more if you could add an option for us for modding its notification bar, delicious launcher than trebuchet has, substratum support to theme it, or maybe a lil bit interesting icon for this AOSP..

I hope I dont too much asking :D:D

surely waiting for your AOSP build, see ya, and thanks :p:p

Reactions: Mujja

richyg81

Jul 26, 2012
glad to see that there are still many developers like you try to rebuild this abandoned AOSP. And more if you could add an option for us for modding its notification bar, delicious launcher than trebuchet has, substratum support to theme it, or maybe a lil bit interesting icon for this AOSP..

I hope I dont too much asking :D:D

surely waiting for your AOSP build, see ya, and thanks :p:p

I have T700 zip uploading now: aosp-eng.ubuntu.20160904.215242.zip

This ROM has served me well for a year now. I refuse to update with out xposed so I'm sticking with this one for the time being.

Q: has anyone found a newer ROM which also supports xposed?

Edit: https://mega.nz/#!g58HnAyZ!9SluPCxhv_rLtt9OsApfXZWeejqWIXB6WN7o8RNiSzY

Last edited:
Reactions: ofehmi and rodrengo

maz izaackovich

Apr 7, 2016
Surabaya
I have T700 zip uploading now: aosp-eng.ubuntu.20160904.215242.zip

This ROM has served me well for a year now. I refuse to update with out xposed so I'm sticking with this one for the time being.

Q: has anyone found a newer ROM which also supports xposed?

Edit: https://mega.nz/#!g58HnAyZ!9SluPCxhv_rLtt9OsApfXZWeejqWIXB6WN7o8RNiSzY

i guess i can flash it on my T705. just add flashing "modem" .. am i right..?
will report back if i find any issue

amateurhack

Sep 25, 2011
which gapps to flash above ROM.I flashed gapps 6.0 and 7.0 but not flashing. Giving error.
6.0 should work. Maybe they've updated the package and it's doesn't like this old ROM? More and more apps won't work with SE Linux set to permissive, and of course the security patch on this is ancient. These are wild guesses though. I really have no idea why it wouldn't work.

Sent from my XT1585 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

richyg81

Jul 26, 2012
Now that closed for Nougat is released I will be moving on from this ROM. Best stable ROM I used on my tab, has served me well. Thanks to the dev and all on the forum for helping out.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

TnK8iD

Jul 18, 2011
hi maybe someone can help me, i would like to install this rom on my sm705, but there's no download link working.
anyone can share the files please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][6.0.1] Android 6 - Marshmallow (August 5, 2016) [T700/T705/T800/T805]

tabs_aosp6.gif

Android 6.0 Marshmallow coming to a Tab S 8.4/10.5 WiFi & LTE !
    This ROM is for T700, T705, T800 and T805.

It is directly based on vanilla Google Android sources. Real AOSP.

Download

Download GApps
    • OpenGApps (Tested with open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20160723)
      Do not use Stock or higher. Nano is recommended.

Download SuperSU
    • SuperSu 2.76 (Tested with UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323)

Prerequisites
    • TWRP 2.8.6.2 or higher. I always use @ashyx newest builds (TWRP builds by @ashyx)
    • Applied bootloader update, e.g. by
      • flashing the stock 5.0(or higher) samsung rom or
      • by applying bootloader directly with odin (Link).

Instructions
    1. Flash TWRP 2.8.6.2 or higher using odin.
    2. Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
      • Dalvik Cache
      • System
      • Cache
      • Data
      and wipe them. Don't reboot just yet.
    3. Go into install.
    4. Flash aosp-XXX.zip
    5. On initial installation it is sometime necessary to Reboot to Recovery. You may try skipping this step if you get GAPPS errors on start. (See Note)
    6. Flash GAPPS.zip
    7. Flash SuperSU.zip
    8. Reboot to System
    9. Check Settings->System Updates (Creates /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate)
    10. Copy SuperSu and Gapps zip to /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate (If directory does not exist, create) so that they are automatically applied after OTA update. Else your system will be unusable after an OTA!

Issues
    • No major issues

Tips'N'Tricks
    • Hearthstone and serveral other Unity games: Enable 4x MSAA in development options else it won't work
    • If you install Gapps after the ROM has been booted for the first time you either need to wipe data or manually delete /data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml and reboot. Without this Gapps will crash constantly. This is due to the new permissions-system in M.

Screenshots

Source

Building the source

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I will not accept responsibility for any adverse effects to your device,
     * including, but not limited to: bricking, dead SD card, bootloops etc.
     * You mod your device at your own risk.
     */

Please Donate
    If you like my ROMs please donate by pressing the "Donate to Me" button below my name on the left side. It takes a lot of my spare time developing these ROMs for the community and every penny is greatly appreciated :D.
    Donate to Me

XDA:DevDB Information
    Marshmallow, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    Schischu
    Source Code: https://github.com/Schischu?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-10-07
    Last Updated 2016-08-02
    I like being missed. :cowboy:

Guilty as charged, I've been very naughty this Xmas and went on a vacation. ;)

But fear not, I am back. :D

As one of my new year's resolution is more transparency, here are my next todos:
    • Investigate the DRM issue for google play
    • Fix gps on T705 (Just 2 files are missing)
    • Fix autorotate on MM Note 10.1 (They waited long enough)
    • Port MM to Moto Xoom (They waited even longer)

As you can see, camera is currently not on the list. So don't expect me working on it in the next 2 weeks.
    Update current uploading.
    So no baseband at the moment not even wifi. Probably have to wait for the official update for that.
    Good stuff though. :thumbup:
    WiFi works fine. I tested 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Will you ever do something for T700?
    Yes, I plan to support T700/T705/T800 as soon as the major issues are solved on T805.