Inactive Recognized Developer
- Feb 18, 2015
This is a build of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based on Android 6.0.1 for people who prepare pure Android without the extra feature of CyanogenMod or other ROMs.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Device-specific source code:
* Device tree: AOSP 6.0 GT-S7580 device tree (Finished) and AOSP 6.0 GT-S7582 device tree (WIP, not ready for compiling)
* Kernel source: https://github.com/SandPox/android_kernel_samsung_kyleproxx
* Compatibility Patches: https://github.com/TheComputerGuy96/android_device_samsung_kylepro/tree/aosp-6.0/patches
* WebView: https://github.com/SandPox/android_external_chromium-webview
* ROM: https://jenkins.sandpox.org/job/KYLEPROXX_AOSP6.0TEST
* Recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=42027
* GApps: https://opengapps.org/?download=true&api=6.0&variant=nano
* SuperSU: BETA-SuperSU-v2.71-20160331103524.zip
* Everything, except everything listed in the Known Issues tab
What partly works?
* Video decoding not working
* It has Dirty Unicorns ROM random reboot frequency
* You'll tell me if there are any other bugs
* Download the ROM and GApps
* Reboot to recovery
* Take a nandroid backup
* Wipe data/factory reset
* Flash the ROM and then GApps
* Reboot your phone
* Enjoy! (but wait at least 5-10 minutes after rebooting for the first time)
To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.
- Enable ART low memory mode
- Fully fix video encoding
- Based on android-6.0.1_r46
(On next successful build, I'll add some forgotten stuff (If first today's build didn't solve video decoding problem, wait for the next successful one))
- Update name of ROM ZIP (it's now "aosp-(Android version)-(date without time)-(device codename).zip"
- Fix install issues
- Magically fix Bluetooth
- Fix home button
- Added more patches (the ROM booted due to these)
- Removed logging (it's useless)
- Added logging (might help)
- Initial release based on android-6.0.1_r43
You may report bugs in this thread, note that I do not intend to update this ROM often and bug reports may be ignored. If you're looking for a ROM which is often updated, please use CyanogenMod.
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Bug report format
What is your--
Phone model (kylepro):
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:
Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
* CyanogenMod team
* @pawitp and @GHsR - for patches
* @no_name and other GT-S7580 and GT-S7582 devs
AOSP Marshmallow ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus
Contributors @no_name @sostk22
ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
Last Updated 2016-07-15