[ROM] [6.0.1] Android Open Source Project Marshmallow [2016/10/12]

Search This thread

anastasiszn

May 3, 2012
Thessaloniki
www.prodefence.org
How to I disable Google quick search bar on home screen?
fcfe794ffe4ac8f44a8cae3581174532.jpg
ce3b6683007aee9b4e4ec5d7e64f7290.jpg

First option. YouTube bug fix it?

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9105P μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

warface123

Jun 13, 2012
Miami
Finally made my old Galaxy S2 Plus come back to life! (NFC version though) Gonna help the community a bit by providing bugs/ logcats etc! Can't wait to start :)

PereGR

Mar 13, 2015
Last days, i was playing with doze settings( sensor timeout 1s, idle timeout 30s, etc)
I think doze is not running...
I have no idea how to check if it's running or not.
With greenify's agresive doze, there's a notification (greenify's) and battery is really good.
Without greenify's A.D., battery performance is poor.

Anyone know how to check if doze runs?
A bug in this amazing ROM?

I don't like Greenify's AD because i can't tune it, that's the reason i want to use tuned system's doze.

Thanks in advance!

> That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind

Edited:

I found how to check it.
Adb shell dumpsys deviceidle step.

So...
- with greenify A.D. system's go into doze.
- without greenify, there isn't a doze. System is ever active.

In a threat i found there's a ROM flag.

is com.android.internal.R.bool.config_enableAutoPowerModes enabled?

Is there a chance to enable it?

With doze, battery performance is... amazing!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

wirusy

Apr 6, 2014
I did full device encryption (end ok) and after restart now phone does not start (waited over 15min.). It simply asks for password and after that it shows this 4 colored animation and nothing else.
I've tried put it once again via TWRP and still nothing. Any help?
ROM from 07.04.2016
Gaps: arm, 6.0, pico.
phone 9105p

Last edited:

jojobg

Apr 19, 2015
Sofia ( Plovdiv )
I did full device encryption (end ok) and after restart now phone does not start (waited over 15min.). It simply asks for password and after that it shows this 4 colored animation and nothing else.
I've tried put it once again via TWRP and still nothing. Any help?
ROM from 07.04.2016
Gaps: arm, 6.0, pico.
phone 9105p

FDE is working. Phone boot process is quite slower after reboot. Wait till all colors change to "Android" and phone boots, no SIM till full boot process finished. After that it works kinda ok with random soft reboots.

wirusy

Apr 6, 2014
FDE is working. Phone boot process is quite slower after reboot. Wait till all colors change to "Android" and phone boots, no SIM till full boot process finished. After that it works kinda ok with random soft reboots.
I was impatient but started from the beginning.
1. TWRP 2.8.7 via Odin then upgraded from zip to twrp-3.0.2.0-s2vep-20160407.zip.
2. Wipe (standard from twrp)
3. Install both aosp-6.0-20160407-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p.zip and pico gapps in one queue in twrp
4. reboot and... success!! Don't really know what helped but it works! Phone is encrypted.

jojobg

Apr 19, 2015
Sofia ( Plovdiv )
I was impatient but started from the beginning.
1. TWRP 2.8.7 via Odin then upgraded from zip to twrp-3.0.2.0-s2vep-20160407.zip.
2. Wipe (standard from twrp)
3. Install both aosp-6.0-20160407-UNOFFICIAL-i9105p.zip and pico gapps in one queue in twrp
4. reboot and... success!! Don't really know what helped but it works! Phone is encrypted.

Let me/us know if you start to experience random reboots. Have you rooted your phone?

wirusy

Apr 6, 2014
Let me/us know if you start to experience random reboots. Have you rooted your phone?

Unfortunately yes, today I had 1 reboot, phone was laying in on my desk without any work from my side.
And again yes. Supersu was applied BETA-SuperSU-v2.71-20160331103524.zip. You think this beta causes a problem?

jojobg

Apr 19, 2015
Sofia ( Plovdiv )
Unfortunately yes, today I had 1 reboot, phone was laying in on my desk without any work from my side.
And again yes. Supersu was applied BETA-SuperSU-v2.71-20160331103524.zip. You think this beta causes a problem?

Nope. I would bet on the FDE since multiple users are using this rom with root, but none report reboots besides us two :) FDE on. But I have issues with Catlog to confirm my findings it behaves as if no root available. So it could be a combination of both beta with FDE.

Last edited:

wirusy

Apr 6, 2014
I found something weird. From time to time phone shows 26034 instead of T-Mobile.pl (my operator is doing something or what?). It repairs itself while I'm not moving anywhere.
And today 2 reboots :( What to search in catlog in such case, can I catch anything after soft reset?

Last edited:

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Hi @GHsR, I was just wondering what your fix was for the Widevine DRM blob's under Android 6.0, as the Galaxy s2 (non-plus version) currently can't use the Widevine DRM blob's that worked under Android 5.1.1 (I also have the same issue on Galaxy Tab 7.7 Android 6.0 rom's, I fixed this in a SlimLP rom I made using p3100 widevine DRM blob's, but this didn't work on Android 6.0). Any information you have that could help would be appreciated.

20160109:
- Fixed Google Play Movies (widevine DRM)
- SELinux in enforcing mode
- Based on android-6.0.1_r10

GHsR

Aug 21, 2014
And today 2 reboots :( What to search in catlog in such case, can I catch anything after soft reset?
Read the main post on how to create a logcat and report a bug.

Hi @GHsR, I was just wondering what your fix was for the Widevine DRM blob's under Android 6.0, as the Galaxy s2 (non-plus version) currently can't use the Widevine DRM blob's that worked under Android 5.1.1 (I also have the same issue on Galaxy Tab 7.7 Android 6.0 rom's, I fixed this in a SlimLP rom I made using p3100 widevine DRM blob's, but this didn't work on Android 6.0). Any information you have that could help would be appreciated.

20160109:
- Based on android-6.0.1_r10
You can find drm blobs for Android 6.0 in my proprietary files repository: https://github.com/ghsr/proprietary_vendor_samsung_galaxys2plus-common
commits: https://github.com/ghsr/proprietary...mmit/1d6ca5a6cd9417495b802232c2fb8fc95b089c25 and https://github.com/ghsr/proprietary...mmit/b1c58d3fb98f54c7fb89769ae7f06ad4907eb559

Reactions: p3dboard

GHsR

Aug 21, 2014
Update - 20160504

- Fixed unstable usb connection
- Fixed runtime storage permission (applied setns patches in the kernel)
- Enabled auto power modes
- Added some encryption fixes
- Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc (thanks to @DodoGTA for providing working gesture typing library)
- Fixed youtube issue (stopping video playback after 5-7 seconds)
- Updated blobs from I9105PXXUBOB2
- Based on android-6.0.1_r43

Due to some changes in the kernel and upgrade android-6.0.1_r43 require a clean install! Starting with this update I will not create a new build for i9105 (without nfc), you can install rom from i9105p following instruction in the main post.

Last edited:

DodoGTA

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2015
- Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc
- Fixed youtube issue

Due to some changes in the kernel and upgrade android-6.0.1_r43 require a clean install! Starting with this update I will not create a new build for i9105 (without nfc), you can install rom from i9105p following instruction in the main post.
I fixed the LatinIME gesture typing

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GHsR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android_6_marshmallow_logo.jpg
    This is a build of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based on Android 6.0.1 for people who prepare pure Android without the extra feature of CyanogenMod or other ROMs.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Device-specific source code:

Downloads

What works?
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Camera
    • Video (playback & recording)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • Runtime storage permission does not work properly (setns patches are not applied, see PermissionsHostTest CTS test)

Installation Instructions
    • Make sure you are either on any Lollipop ROM or on 4.2.2 TW based ROM
      and NOT on 4.1.2 TW based ROM
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Take a nandroid backup
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • For GT-I9105 flash nfc destroyer
    • Reboot your phone
    • Enjoy!

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. You also need to flash Google Apps and other addons again because addon.d support is not included in this ROM.

Changelog
    Code:
    20161012:
    - Added EAP-SIM authentication support
    - Optional overclocking to 1.6 Ghz
    - Based on [URL="https://github.com/ghsr/changelog/blob/android-6.0/aosp/android-6.0.1_r52-to-android-6.0.1_r72.txt"]android-6.0.1_r72[/URL]

20160709:
    - Based on [URL="https://github.com/ghsr/changelog/blob/android-6.0/aosp/android-6.0.1_r46-to-android-6.0.1_r52.txt"]android-6.0.1_r52[/URL]

20160614:
    - Enabled Ambient Display
    - Reverted setns patches due to some issues with the kernel
    - Added sio sioplus zen I/O schedulers
    - Added lulzactive smartassV2 smartassH3 governors
    - Based on [URL="http://www.androidpolice.com/android_aosp_changelogs/android-6.0.1_r43-to-android-6.0.1_r46-AOSP-changelog.html"]android-6.0.1_r46[/URL]

20160504:
    - Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc (thanks to @[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=6429309"]DodoGTA[/URL] for providing working gesture typing library)
    - Based on [URL="https://gist.github.com/ghsr/41fe9983d725c8668abaa8cbc1983a9e"]android-6.0.1_r43[/URL]

20160407:
    - Based on [URL="http://www.androidpolice.com/android_aosp_changelogs/android-6.0.1_r22-to-android-6.0.1_r24-AOSP-changelog.html"]android-6.0.1_r24[/URL]

20160314:
    - Fixed SIM card detection when phone is encrypted
    - Based on [URL="https://gist.github.com/ghsr/7cb38b3ec218308b9096"]android-6.0.1_r22[/URL]

20160204:
    - Fixed call mute
    - Enabled zRAM and zCache
    - Added SELinux status to Settings -> About phone
    - Resized launcher icons
    - Based on [URL="https://gist.github.com/ghsr/35002dc10adb47fb9924"]android-6.0.1_r16[/URL]

20160109:
    - Based on [URL="https://gist.github.com/ghsr/7642f572c6a097633fea"]android-6.0.1_r10[/URL]

20151209:
    - Fixed Flashlight issues
    - Disabled gesture typing on AOSP Keyboard to prevent crash with some gapps
    - Updated WebView to 47.0.2526.76
    - Based on [URL="https://gist.github.com/pawitp/d3d47d92c0e3ed0e3a36"]android-6.0.1_r3[/URL]

20151121:
    - Fixed AutoRotation after sleep
    - Fixed stock browser fc
    - Fixed Camera crop/rotate issue
    - Disabled journaling to save system.img space

20151103:
    - Removed QuickSearchBox
    - Fixed 2G only network mode
    - Added performance media codecs
    - Fixed "Optimizing apps" dialog on each boot
    - Enabled clear all recents button
    - Updated RIL for M
    - Updated uid_cputime in the kernel
    - Based on [URL="https://cdn.rawgit.com/anonymous/70006daaaaffd2da4d16/raw/71ba1503d476dd89b2adec4862b8340cd192de7e/index.html"]android-6.0.0_r26[/URL]

20151016:
    - Fixed RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    - Fixed USB otg storage mounting
    - Fixed NFC
    - Applied show_uid_stat kernel patch
    - Fixed installation on both devices

20151013:
    - Initial alpha release based on android-6.0.0_r1

Reporting Bugs

You may report bugs in this thread, note that I do not intend to update this ROM often and bug reports may be ignored. If you're looking for a ROM which is often updated, please use CyanogenMod.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Bug report format
    Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (i9105 or i9105p):
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Credits

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP Marshmallow, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II Plus

Contributors
    GHsR
    Source Code: https://android.googlesource.com/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2

Version Information

Created 2015-10-14
    Last Updated 2016-10-20
    Update 20151016

- Fixed RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    - Fixed USB otg storage mounting
    - Fixed NFC
    - Applied show_uid_stat kernel patch
    - Fixed installation on both devices
    Can't wait for a stable build! Good work!
    Tomorrow I will upload update with fixed RIL, NFC, USB otg and with added show_uid_stat :)
    Update - 20161012

- Added EAP-SIM authentication support
    - Optional overclocking to 1.6 Ghz
    - Based on android-6.0.1_r72

If no one is going to do it, I can continue to support aosp, cm13 and omnirom.
    Update - 20160504

- Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc (thanks to @DodoGTA for providing working gesture typing library)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone