[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [10.07][UNOFFICIAL][N7100]

Do you guys want a Custom Toolchain like Uber-TC or Sabermod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

sagarshah1729

May 14, 2014
Surat
I see Cyangogen hasn't fixed the data issue yet. Even after modifying the apn info, still can't get 3G. Don't worry though, it's not your ROM. CM13 has had this issue for almost a year now and it still isn't fixed. Looks like I'll have to go back to a stock style ROM =(

The problem is with Note-2 Sources..Device Tree and some other repos needs to be modified..
Unfortunately I am not a big developer who can fix device tree issues..I will try my best to solve the issues in this ROM..

sagarshah1729

May 14, 2014
Surat
Downloaded and install new version
aokp_n7100_mm_unofficial_2016-07-10_1637
Installed it as suggested clean flash( very clean, format everything!)
Used agni kernel and slim gapps zero
Installation was very fast. HALF AN HOUR for rom and all 50 apps sync with google Play
Dialer problem is now solved, calls are made now normally and without any problem in sound
But a new problem is appearing now, videos in browser (both stock and mozilla) are crashing.
Phone gets black screen and fails to respond for some time. Even once i had to take of battery to restart because not responding at all.
Youtube App is working just fine, music player and video player too.
The rom is very fast still and no other bugs for now.
I am sorry i was not able to deliver only good news, but that is the point in testing,isnt it?

So now only bugs left are Black Screen Issue and Crashing of Videos in Browser, Right?
Except this everything working fine?
And I also got to know that 3g is not working..
Only these things are left to solve, right?

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
So now only bugs left are Black Screen Issue and Crashing of Videos in Browser, Right?
Except this everything working fine?
And I also got to know that 3g is not working..
Only these things are left to solve, right?
Didn't find anything else. I will test the ROM for some more time and let you now. Now I am measuring battery consumption

GloomySVT

May 23, 2016
The problem is with Note-2 Sources..Device Tree and some other repos needs to be modified..
Unfortunately I am not a big developer who can fix device tree issues..I will try my best to solve the issues in this ROM..

This issue is entirely not your fault. It's the same on every single CM13 based ROM out. Apparently I think the only fix is to manually enter the provider info into some file in the etc folder.

lolerinc

Sep 3, 2015
My sim card still not detected

First I want to mention that this room works really smoothly, I really like it better than the other ones.
The problem is that my sim card is still not being detected . also I noticed I can't install from unknown sources , do you think that could be added too?

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
First I want to mention that this room works really smoothly, I really like it better than the other ones.
The problem is that my sim card is still not being detected . also I noticed I can't install from unknown sources , do you think that could be added too?
did you used this version
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905721076
if now you have flashed old version and you need to clean flash the new one
2. have you enabled developers options?
about phone> build number> tick 5 times= enable developers options
then you can find unknown sourses
I installed google kbrd from my sd card> asked me about unknown sourses> enabled it and everything ok

lolerinc

Sep 3, 2015
I installed google kbrd from my sd card> asked me about unknown sourses> enabled it and everything ok

Yes I tried that version, but not luck with the sim card, I'm with movistar hence why is not detecting my sim. I dont really want to go back to resurrection remix because I been using it for the past year, and they still have not fix the input lag on the screen when playing games. But this room does not have that input lag that's why I been trying to make it work.

EDIT: Sorry nevermind the sim is detected now!! This is awesome!

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This rom is definitely way better than resurrection remix thank you so much for this!

Last edited:
Reactions: sagarshah1729

sagarshah1729

May 14, 2014
Surat
Yes I tried that version, but not luck with the sim card, I'm with movistar hence why is not detecting my sim. I dont really want to go back to resurrection remix because I been using it for the past year, and they still have not fix the input lag on the screen when playing games. But this room does not have that input lag that's why I been trying to make it work.

EDIT: Sorry nevermind the sim is detected now!! This is awesome!

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

This rom is definitely way better than resurrection remix thank you so much for this!

Thanks for the motivation..I will try my best to make new ROMs for our device..

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010

Dear logosA,I read all your postings in this thread.So I think you are the most apt person to clear my doubts about this ROM.I would like very much to install this ROM.But before installing will you please let me know how the external Micro Sd card is identified in this ROM?Is it showing something like a combination of intigers and alphabets(eg,7F2D-4780) or just sdcard1 in Temasek and CandySiX ROMs?Futher,have got time to assess the battery consumption of this ROM?
Waiting to know your remarks with thanks in advance...

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
Dear logosA,I read all your postings in this thread.So I think you are the most apt person to clear my doubts about this ROM.I would like very much to install this ROM.But before installing will you please let me know how the external Micro Sd card is identified in this ROM?Is it showing something like a combination of intigers and alphabets(eg,7F2D-4780) or just sdcard1 in Temasek and CandySiX ROMs?Futher,have got time to assess the battery consumption of this ROM?
Waiting to know your remarks with thanks in advance...
In my first post i had posted a screenshoot through es file manager where it shows the name of the card, its not sdcard1
For the battery consumption lets say that it has to be improved a little more

Attachments

• sdcard.png
    sdcard.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: pnsdhrn

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
In my first post i had posted a screenshoot through es file manager where it shows the name of the card, its not sdcard1
compare for your self, clean install for both roms 24 and 48 hours ago. Same kernel and Gapps
same apps

Attachments

• aokrrom.png
    aokrrom.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 409
  • otherMMrom.png
    otherMMrom.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 413

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
.Thank you lgosA for the kind information. Sorry for not detecting the name of sdcard.

lolerinc

Sep 3, 2015
Hey guys I just noticed that the proximity sensors leave the screen black during calls even when there is nothing covering the screen, also when I make a call I can only hear the other person through speaker, but when I receive the call it works good.

Another think I noticed is that the gyroscope takes time to activate when playing games, I'm not really sure if this issue is also happening to the proximity sensor while doing calls.

Last edited:

Apashe

Mar 23, 2016
Cuiába
- Good night, installed the rom however when I restart the cell showed the Samsung screen with note 2 name and so was restarting, what should I do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

ROM

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

SOURCES

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    sagarshah1729, Trafalgar Square
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-10

Created 2016-07-10
    Last Updated 2016-07-11
    Sorry for no updates..I am busy lately with Android N..Right now I am working for Yu Yuphoria.. Maybe in some time I will be able to compile Android N for Note-2..

But I will need help of other Note-2 developers..:/
    First install 10/7/16

And here we go people.
    First install first impressions
    Followed the instractions as discribed because i didnt want to change anything that devellopers suggest
    Install rom and oppen Gapps (Pico as you dont suggest specific )
    Factoty reset>format system>advance wippe>cashe, data,dalvick everything as suggested didnt clear cache and davlik as not was told to.
    BOOTLOOP:(
    So back to recovery and do it like i always do, crear cashe and davlik cashe after each install( rom, gapps)
    SUCCESS:)
    System reboot very fast now
    Major problems
    1. Wifi cannot connect to any network no matter what i did.
    (I have tree my own wifi's in home, none of theme was able to connect)
    from there i was not able to connect to google and see if Play works, browser, youtube, etc
    2. No sim card detected
    reboot system, nothing
    tried to make call phone got black screen and FC
    Other aspects
    Bluetooth is working like a charme!!!
    mtp also from the first touch!
    OTG works and recognize imidiattely pendrive with the contents in it
    From file manager though in the rom i was not able to see external usb and browse the files
    .Thank you lgosA for the kind information. Sorry for not detecting the name of sdcard.
    no problem, just mention it, bo big deal