[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [10.07][UNOFFICIAL][N7100]

Do you guys want a Custom Toolchain like Uber-TC or Sabermod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

ROM

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

SOURCES

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    sagarshah1729, Trafalgar Square
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-10

Created 2016-07-10
    Last Updated 2016-07-11
    Sorry for no updates..I am busy lately with Android N..Right now I am working for Yu Yuphoria.. Maybe in some time I will be able to compile Android N for Note-2..

But I will need help of other Note-2 developers..:/
    First install 10/7/16

And here we go people.
    First install first impressions
    Followed the instractions as discribed because i didnt want to change anything that devellopers suggest
    Install rom and oppen Gapps (Pico as you dont suggest specific )
    Factoty reset>format system>advance wippe>cashe, data,dalvick everything as suggested didnt clear cache and davlik as not was told to.
    BOOTLOOP:(
    So back to recovery and do it like i always do, crear cashe and davlik cashe after each install( rom, gapps)
    SUCCESS:)
    System reboot very fast now
    Major problems
    1. Wifi cannot connect to any network no matter what i did.
    (I have tree my own wifi's in home, none of theme was able to connect)
    from there i was not able to connect to google and see if Play works, browser, youtube, etc
    2. No sim card detected
    reboot system, nothing
    tried to make call phone got black screen and FC
    Other aspects
    Bluetooth is working like a charme!!!
    mtp also from the first touch!
    OTG works and recognize imidiattely pendrive with the contents in it
    From file manager though in the rom i was not able to see external usb and browse the files
    .Thank you lgosA for the kind information. Sorry for not detecting the name of sdcard.
    no problem, just mention it, bo big deal
    First I want to mention that this room works really smoothly, I really like it better than the other ones.
    The problem is that my sim card is still not being detected . also I noticed I can't install from unknown sources , do you think that could be added too?
    did you used this version
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905721076
    if now you have flashed old version and you need to clean flash the new one
    2. have you enabled developers options?
    about phone> build number> tick 5 times= enable developers options
    then you can find unknown sourses
    I installed google kbrd from my sd card> asked me about unknown sourses> enabled it and everything ok