[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc]

Search This thread

eidairaman1

Sep 14, 2016
You have to use a custom recovery (twrp) to install a custom rom.

I figured it out from a video

To Install the rom properly, you must have TWRP installed and root installed(SuperSU). Ensure You have the ROM Zip file and GAPPS of your choice on the phone in like downloads folder. Go into TWRP-Do a backup. Then go to Wipe, Advanced Wipe, Select Dalvik, System, Data, Cache. Wipe, then after that go into Install, Select the zip file of the rom you have, let it install, do not reboot, then go back to install and install GAPPS, then reboot.

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Will this have a NOUGAT release? On 5.0 and considdring upgrading to 7.0

Also haven't been able to get the clear all button despite it being checked under rom settings->general either

Last edited:

4rz0

Dec 2, 2010
Will this have a NOUGAT release? On 5.0 and considdring upgrading to 7.0

Also haven't been able to get the clear all button despite it being checked under rom settings->general either

Really?
5 posts back: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69777890&postcount=263

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

@Blackjubel Is there a post/list of features that are working/not working?
I'm currently on klte CM14.1, it works reasonably well, besides some problems with battery life and screen rotation and the obviously still missing features due it being new.

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Really?
5 posts back: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69777890&postcount=263

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I'm currently on klte CM14.1, it works reasonably well, besides some problems with battery life and screen rotation and the obviously still missing features due it being new.
Not hosted on the official site, and posted by a non dev. I have good reason to be suspicious

Reactions: DeKiesel

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Is anybody using f2fs with this rom? I am considering moving everything to f2fa but I don't know exactly where to start. I thought asking here was a good idea. Does this Rom support it at all?

Last edited:

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
okay a few things
1) in rom ->general settings , kill all tasks button is enabled, but doesn't show up in the recent menu
2) my ktoonsez kernel from kitkat is still being used on my phone, I assume (unless flashing the nightly got rid of it) and put in aokp's default kernel (i think he replaced this with the kitkat), is there any more governor /profile manager then?
3) I forgot how, but on the kitkat version of this ROM I could hit airplane mode but keep wifi on without secure settings or a third party app, can someone remind me of how to do this, I will document this for future cases?

S2_fa_007

Aug 2, 2011
okay a few things
1) in rom ->general settings , kill all tasks button is enabled, but doesn't show up in the recent menu
2) my ktoonsez kernel from kitkat is still being used on my phone, I assume (unless flashing the nightly got rid of it) and put in aokp's default kernel (i think he replaced this with the kitkat), is there any more governor /profile manager then?
3) I forgot how, but on the kitkat version of this ROM I could hit airplane mode but keep wifi on without secure settings or a third party app, can someone remind me of how to do this, I will document this for future cases?
Regarding the 3. point:
Just activate wifi after you enabled airplane mode, it will work

Sent by G900F with Tapatalk

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Really?

Regarding the 3. point:
Just activate wifi after you enabled airplane mode, it will work

Sent by G900F with Tapatalk

I dont want it to switch off let alone every single time, have to wait for the wifi to come on. I want uninterrupted wifi like i always had

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Regarding f2fs:

I moved /cache and /data to f2fs but I couldn't move /system. When I restored my /system-backup onto a f2fs-formatted /system partition it wouldn't boot and flashing the installer on a f2fs-formatted /system-partition reflashed /system to ext4 before installing the zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    hiowa93, PippoX3
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-02-10

Created 2016-01-15
    Last Updated 2016-08-03
    Reserved

For Screenshoots thank too @ishubhamsingh
    I just pulled right now all CM updates for KLTE Devices and pushed it to AOKP. My test Build work fine , so next Nightlies will build correctly
    All updates from CM got merged to device today the next build should be building.
    aokp klte Nougat Unofficial !!!!!!
    android 7.1 !!!!
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767118443