[ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc]

Search This thread
N

noppy22

Regarding f2fs:

I moved /cache and /data to f2fs but I couldn't move /system. When I restored my /system-backup onto a f2fs-formatted /system partition it wouldn't boot and flashing the installer on a f2fs-formatted /system-partition reflashed /system to ext4 before installing the zip.
There is no benefit to using f2fs on /system. The main benefits of f2fs are arguably less wear on the nand and write speed. /system is generally read-only

Reactions: DeKiesel

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
It's unclear what kernel will work this ROM. Could I just put the CM kernel on it? Beforehand Ktoonsez was bundled with AOKP's rom, but now from whta I understand the stock is basd on a generic CM, with no governor or IO control?

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
I tried to download the two last zips for this rom but the firefox downloader gives out a virus warning after the files have been downloaded. Can anyone confirm that it is a false positive?

/edit: The N-release of AOKP doesn't have the virus warning.

Last edited:

cmichael258

May 2, 2012
St. Petersburg
I tried to download the two last zips for this rom but the firefox downloader gives out a virus warning after the files have been downloaded. Can anyone confirm that it is a false positive?

I encountered the same issue with Firefox, so I opened Windows Internet Explorer to see if that works. The download
page opens with a green download tab for a program called "from DOCtoPDF" and a survey to complete. I am thinking that
this is what Firefox is picking up and reporting as a virus. I'm downloading the Kitespr file now through IE and will see if any warnings show up.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I encountered the same issue with Firefox, so I opened Windows Internet Explorer to see if that works. The download
page opens with a green download tab for a program called "from DOCtoPDF" and a survey to complete. I am thinking that
this is what Firefox is picking up and reporting as a virus. I'm downloading the Kitespr file now through IE and will see if any warnings show up.

Update Just downloaded with IE and scan showed no virus. I did notice the download contains a "file_contexts.bin" file that I haven't seen in previous
AKOP KLTESPR downloads. Perhaps it has do do with being Nougat. I don't know enough to say.

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Update Just downloaded with IE and scan showed no virus. I did notice the download contains a "file_contexts.bin" file that I haven't seen in previous
AKOP KLTESPR downloads. Perhaps it has do do with being Nougat. I don't know enough to say.

The N version doesn't show a virus warning, just the M version and since they are downloaded from the same page I don't think that it has to do with the webpage (I might be wrong, of course). But thanks for the answer!

cmichael258

May 2, 2012
St. Petersburg
The N version doesn't show a virus warning, just the M version and since they are downloaded from the same page I don't think that it has to do with the webpage (I might be wrong, of course). But thanks for the answer!

Thanks. I'm going to hold off installing until someone much more knowledgeable than me rings in.

Last edited:

cmichael258

May 2, 2012
St. Petersburg

I just downloaded the N version with Firefox and received the virus warning.

bobbylo

Jan 14, 2013
North Myrtle Beach,SC
I was always a fan of AOKP, currently running RR mm on my S5. Would anyone have an opinion on a comparison between the two?

Hey,RR is a pretty good rom...It has a few more tweaks than this.And i DO like to have color and sound tweaksThere both great romsI really don't know which one i like better...I do think this one is more stable,and runs really freakin smooth.. This one and RR are awsome roms...Try it,i'm sure you'll like it

Reactions: bobcatdiver

bobbylo

Jan 14, 2013
North Myrtle Beach,SC
E-Mail problem?

Anyone else having a problem with receiving emails? Noticed i was not getting emails,opened up gmail,and nothing came up,then did a refresh,and like 10 emails came up..Even my yahoo email was not coming in..

Nixda99

Dec 1, 2010
Download link down

Hi all,
thanks for the very nice and stable rom. 17.02.2016 runs without problems here!

Want to try the new 03-03 release, but download link isn't working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1] AOKP MM [Nightly][OFFICIAL][klte, kltespr, kltedv, klteusc], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    hiowa93, PippoX3
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-02-10

Created 2016-01-15
    Last Updated 2016-08-03
    Reserved

For Screenshoots thank too @ishubhamsingh
    I just pulled right now all CM updates for KLTE Devices and pushed it to AOKP. My test Build work fine , so next Nightlies will build correctly
    All updates from CM got merged to device today the next build should be building.
    aokp klte Nougat Unofficial !!!!!!
    android 7.1 !!!!
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767118443