[ROM][6.0.1][Aosp][UNOFFICIAL] Tipsy-ferrari-OMS-v4.4-07-08-2016[Substratum Supports]

Search This thread

cariinfo

Nov 5, 2013
getting google play services has stopped message right from the setup wizard. not able to sign into google or use any gapps. I did clean install with no modifications to ROM or kernel. tried reflashing with same and different gapps like banks, opengapps and delta gapps, tried stock and nano opengapps... Same result

I guess the user would have flashed the rom, then rebooted the phone, then went back to recovery and flashed gapps. But not sure..

Flashed rom & gapps without rebooting phone, but yet still face "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped"
I am using open_gapps-arm64-6.0-stock-20160814

tudki

Apr 4, 2013
I haven't any serious problems with the rom while running it a couple of days. It's snappy and stabil not one SOD with stock kernel. The trick to switch the flashlight on in the power menu to make it running in quick setting isn't possible because there is no option for that in the power menu. Novalauncher in baked in and if you use a other launcher the dpi is a bit messed up but can be adjusted. ES expolorer is a nice app and is also part of the system apps but I use the pro version. It is a good rom but you have to like nova launcher. The camera app I didn't like but you can install others. The settings are displayed in two columns, also a question of taste. Like I said a good rom with special features.

aadi22

Aug 16, 2016
facing ouchscreen issues

my problem is not related to this rom specific , in every rom i am facing this issue even with stock miui8 rom.
isssue:- my touch screen touch is not continuous its getting on-off every 1sec , tap and hold not working, hence i am not able to move icons in homescreen.
but when i check with multitouch tester app i found single tap had this problem but double triple tap were all working fine.\
did hard reset my mobile formatted whole mobile but still having same problem
any help :/

Rajat Naik

Nov 20, 2014
my problem is not related to this rom specific , in every rom i am facing this issue even with stock miui8 rom.
isssue:- my touch screen touch is not continuous its getting on-off every 1sec , tap and hold not working, hence i am not able to move icons in homescreen.
but when i check with multitouch tester app i found single tap had this problem but double triple tap were all working fine.\

If you were facing the same problem in miui 8 then you probably have a hardware problem.

Nihhaar

Oct 16, 2015

Tried hardware test in miui by tapping kernel version?

aadi22

Aug 16, 2016
Did try hardware test also showing similar problems. Whenever I flash new rom it works fine for about 10-15 min then again problem starts.if it were hardware related I don't suppose it should behave in such timely manner.on off every 1sec.looking to flash old rom in which I did not had such issues. This problem started when I flashed miui8 since then it's occurring in every room.

alyxr_

May 17, 2014
My review of using this rom for approx. 1-2 weeks.
1. No themes and the default theme is not very pleasing, although there is an option to change the theme to a light version which helps a little
2. Battery life is not as good as other roms and I came from using AICP
3. SO MANY SOD's !!!!! Compared to other roms, I'm on XDA right now to find another rom that's stable enough to use. I would be fine with this rom if it was minimal but I'm get 2 SOD's in an hour.
4. Apart from the SOD's, the rom is stable as it should be. I dont really do gaming on my phone so I didnt really test any games so I cant tell you how gaming is but I'm sure it's fine
5. The thermal control isnt bad but I've seen better.
6. Some app crashes for Snapchat and Twitter but I think that's both the rom and app's fault because it happens in other roms too.
7. I think this goes for all current roms but I'm getting some issues with my data but I know a quick way around it so it's no problem.

TL;DR - Pretty stable, average battery life, heats up a little, A LOT OF SOD's, no themes

ƒεηιx

Dec 17, 2012
Xda Devlopers
My review of using this rom for approx. 1-2 weeks.
1. No themes and the default theme is not very pleasing, although there is an option to change the theme to a light version which helps a little
2. Battery life is not as good as other roms and I came from using AICP
3. SO MANY SOD's !!!!! Compared to other roms, I'm on XDA right now to find another rom that's stable enough to use. I would be fine with this rom if it was minimal but I'm get 2 SOD's in an hour.
4. Apart from the SOD's, the rom is stable as it should be. I dont really do gaming on my phone so I didnt really test any games so I cant tell you how gaming is but I'm sure it's fine
5. The thermal control isnt bad but I've seen better.
6. Some app crashes for Snapchat and Twitter but I think that's both the rom and app's fault because it happens in other roms too.
7. I think this goes for all current roms but I'm getting some issues with my data but I know a quick way around it so it's no problem.

TL;DR - Pretty stable, average battery life, heats up a little, A LOT OF SOD's, no themes
No sod here using from the day i release it
For theme you need to install substratum and then substartum themes as its aosp based rom.

Sent from my MI 4i using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Welcome to Tipsy*
    tipsyg%252B.png

This is a aospb based rom with lot of goodies added and awesomeness of RRO Layers. This rom is for people who want to stick to stability+performance accompanied with a smooth and lite base. This rom is well tested before release so expect a major stability

Google+ Community (Most of original works and updates of this rom are shared there)

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Requirement & Instructions[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    A device with boot loader unlocked is required
    TWRP Recovery Highly Recommended
    Copy the Rom.zip to SD card, 
    Boot to TWRP. Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data for bug free experience
    Flash the 6.6.10 firmware
    Flash rom zip
    Flash any 6.0 Gapps ([URL="opengapps.org"]Open Gapps[/URL] recommended)
    Boot to system.
    Reboot.... and Done 
    Let the bar Open :P

DOWNLOAD ROM

New build is up

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424952784

What's new..
    *offline charging issue fixed thanks @faizauthar12

STAY TIPSY
    Tipsi-Boot-03.gif
    Sources
    Kernel Thaks @faizauthar12 for kernel source

XDA: Information
    TipsyOs for FERRARI, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi4i

Contributors
    @ƒεηιx
    @TechExhibeo
    Source Code: https://github.com/TipsyOs
    Thanks @fire855 for latest caf kernel.

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x caf
    Based On: AOSPB

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v4.4
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-08

Created 2016-07-08
    Last Updated 2016-07-08
    Bug list :-
    * Offline charging issue--fixed
    *You tell..

screenshots

8fe6fef1e124a130daf06bb7940858c4.jpg

21a130b7a068539cf621cc926380175f.jpg

0c2ad46a5260984451486c2f9cc3020e.jpg
    Sorry, newbie question...
    Can you provide with download link?
    The link provided in the other thread was dead

I will give you my link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxYNI6rkzJHOV01iOEIyOHdadEU/view?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy :)
    @ƒεηιx, just installed it. Its fast and smooth, I love it! Thanks for this great ROM!
    I will post logs if I find any bugs. (none so far)
    @faizauthar12 i see you pick healthd commit is offline charging working now..??
    Yosh
    It's working ;)
    That's why i push it to github

tested on temasek ...