[ROM] [6.0.1] AOSP yuga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hey man, thanks for your hard work, but is there any way to make 6.0 work on Tab Z (pollux), since it has the exact same spex as yoga except the baseband which I don't need anyway? Thanks a lot man, thanks in advance
EDIT: if the boot.img in this ROM is the same as CM12.1, can I replace this zoo's boot.img with mine from 12.1 and flash? I highly doubt this would work but what if it does?
You could compile it yourself, or someone else can? Surely there is someone on the Tab Z forums who would be happy to try.

Maybe you can learn yourself, its not too hard since this is a clean build. Just a matter of learning Git and the Android build system commands really.

Sent from Xperia Z via Tapatalk

G

GuestK0043

You could compile it yourself, or someone else can? Surely there is someone on the Tab Z forums who would be happy to try.

Maybe you can learn yourself, its not too hard since this is a clean build. Just a matter of learning Git and the Android build system commands really.

I'd be willing to do it myself, but the thing is I'm just a beginner in these stuff. Also, I haven't found the MM source code for TabZ so I got no clue how has this ROM been done.

Sent from my refrigerator using Tapatalk

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'd be willing to do it myself, but the thing is I'm just a beginner in these stuff. Also, I haven't found the MM source code for TabZ so I got no clue how has this ROM been done.

(I accidently pressed like, lucky you [emoji14])

There are plenty of guides out there for compiling AOSP, its a bit of a learning curve though, sure. Also you need Linux, VMWare Player is free and works perfectly though, but that's another thing to learn too.

As far as source code goes, there is none - kamarush has forward-ported old 5.x device tree and kernel. For the kernel you could probably just use the tab config (maybe with some changes) and the same kernel he's worked on, for device tree though I'm not sure. Minor changes to existing tab device tree from E.g. CM but with patches that kamarush has made to the yuga one.

Apart from that there are the prebuilt/proprietary binaries, but based on the fact that they're so similar devices they might just work identically on both devices. Only a guess.

But yeah, I guess it's pretty complicated for someone new to all this. Ask around the development forum for your device. You could also just fastboot flash all these images and see what happens xD

G

GuestK0043

(I accidently pressed like, lucky you [emoji14])

There are plenty of guides out there for compiling AOSP, its a bit of a learning curve though, sure. Also you need Linux, VMWare Player is free and works perfectly though, but that's another thing to learn too.

As far as source code goes, there is none - kamarush has forward-ported old 5.x device tree and kernel. For the kernel you could probably just use the tab config (maybe with some changes) and the same kernel he's worked on, for device tree though I'm not sure. Minor changes to existing tab device tree from E.g. CM but with patches that kamarush has made to the yuga one.

Apart from that there are the prebuilt/proprietary binaries, but based on the fact that they're so similar devices they might just work identically on both devices. Only a guess.

But yeah, I guess it's pretty complicated for someone new to all this. Ask around the development forum for your device. You could also just fastboot flash all these images and see what happens xD

Haha thanks. I have some experience with Linux as well as VMware but not about the android programming part. So I'll just wait for someone porting it to TabZ which someone will, hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Open Source Project for Sony Xperia Z.
    'Complete' build from AOSP sources, which built from latest Google AOSP sources.

Warning:
    This is an alpha version, so it's not for daily use!

Gapps:
    http://opengapps.org/
    Use pico or nano. After you installed gapps, do a factory reset /advanced wipe/ in recovery.

Current progress:
    Working:
    - 2D/3D working
    - Audio
    - Touchscreen
    - Lights
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi
    - Gps
    - Sensors
    - SD Mount
    - Ril /ongoing calls,sms/ & Data
    - Nfc

Need to be fixed:
    - Camera /blobs are not compatible, need to hack/
    - Ril crashing on outgoing calls

Sources:

Lagan dev tree

Yuga dev tree

Kernel source

Credits:

SonyXperiaDev

Google

CyanogenMod Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP for Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    kamarush
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-11-14
    Last Updated 2015-12-08
    Possible, but not now. Our devs are working to fix camera and outgoing calls (incoming are working), i think on Feb we'll have first cm13 builds.
    I'll release a cm-13.0 build this week.
    [ROM] [6.0.0] AOSP yuga

People if you are so brilliant, add a recovery and probe that you have done it. If you aren't able to do it, simply stay quiet.

Please stop spamming the thread! You can't use gapps with this, because of missing location provider package in overlay. So it will keep spamming that play services stopped. Thats why i didn't added recovery. And this is an ALPHA (preview) rom, not for daily use, and not for avarage users. SO no point with recovery in this first version. Second thing, voip not working too, so NO skype and etc. What do you want?
    On second will be fixed many things, and i'll add recovery. But Ril keeps crashing on outgoing calls, and camera not working too yet. Exactly the problem is the camera vendor is not compatible with MM /and ofc we dont have sources/ the incall voice is now good /voip too/ imo, only rild cause crashing because of our libril-qc-qmi vendor.
    Just now i don't have time, because i have a lot of other works.
    Keep calm. When i have a "little" time, i'll upload the alpha 2.
    Ril is fixed now. With an "old" patch, was found by Olivier.
    NFC fixed.
    It was commented out.... Found this in source:
    Code:
    # !!! Intentionally commented out, we'll stop building
    # the NXP stack in M, code will be removed in the
    # next release.
    # include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)
    # !!!

Thank you Google :mad:

So, incall audio and camera remains.