• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1]CyanideM 4.0 for jfltexx/jfvelte!

Search This thread

andy hall

Mar 3, 2011
Google Pixel 3
Cyanide is a feature packed ROM with features which you can't find in any other ROM
Cyanide is the new and improved and fixed VRToxin
Well I have been on AOSPRRO since it was released and having a good experience with it too. Never really got on with VRToxin, but this is a blinder of a ROM. Having fun with it and everything I want works.
Also I am running HPA1 firmware and boot loader. All looking good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Tlailaxu

Nov 4, 2013
I am impressed aswell,this is like VRToxin on steroids,sooo much better. Almost no wakelocks (phone was awake up to 25% on VRT,here it is 5% so far) and the performance is awesome. Only downside,and almost every Android M ROM suffers from it,is dropping Wifi after some deepsleep which leads to messages delivered once you wake it up again and not the second you would normally recieve them.

Here is me hoping that this small issue gets fixed (Synergy fixed this on Kernel level for example) and IF that could get done,Cyanide is by far the best ROM for the S4

srisurya95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 20, 2013
Hyderabad
I am impressed aswell,this is like VRToxin on steroids,sooo much better. Almost no wakelocks (phone was awake up to 25% on VRT,here it is 5% so far) and the performance is awesome. Only downside,and almost every Android M ROM suffers from it,is dropping Wifi after some deepsleep which leads to messages delivered once you wake it up again and not the second you would normally recieve them.

Here is me hoping that this small issue gets fixed (Synergy fixed this on Kernel level for example) and IF that could get done,Cyanide is by far the best ROM for the S4
I'll try to adapt synergy changes

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2015

For the WiFi issue try enabling "legacy DHCP client" in the developer options, seems to help with deep sleep issues for now.

droidblitz

Jun 11, 2015
Anyone tried android n-ify xposed module with this rom.?
If yes, can someone post a screenshot. :D
Thanks.
6085e91ea158931da864e4a5b24b6150.jpg

67ff898deaecfdb3e6b99f5f02481217.jpg

Srisurya95's AOSP6.0.1™ Rom

Tlailaxu

Nov 4, 2013

bmk1337

Jan 29, 2012
Montréal
I have installed the rom everyting works fine except the WIFI. I tried this
(For the WiFi issue try enabling "legacy DHCP client" in the developer options, seems to help with deep sleep issues for now) but this does not work any other suggestion. thanks

KetcherAZ

Dec 3, 2012
Layers do work now but not perfectly
this rom is really nice, the integrated sd card also working nicely. but there is some bugs i found, the notification bar is laggy sometimes whe u pulled it down and random reboots occurs when device doing some multitasking or overheated. and the battery is not impresive.
but this rom is great, thanks for the maintenance bro.

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

Tlailaxu

Nov 4, 2013
I have installed the rom everyting works fine except the WIFI. I tried this
(For the WiFi issue try enabling "legacy DHCP client" in the developer options, seems to help with deep sleep issues for now) but this does not work any other suggestion. thanks
As far as i know,this isn´t fixable on the users end. For example,this bug haunts EVERY CM based rom since the GalaxyS3 (carried over to the S4 sadly) and no update changed that. AOSP based ROM´s were hit&miss regarding this issue but with Android 6.0,it seems to affect everyone regardless.

What did fix it is Synergies Kernel or rather,something he did with the Kernel but its for CM ROMs only and can´t help us here out-of-the-box but with luck Srisurya95 can do some magic for us,fingers crossed.

Reactions: bmk1337

tw1st3d83

Sep 14, 2010
Belgrade
Xiaomi Black Shark 2
OnePlus Nord
Can someone please give me some advice about improving battery life on this rom?
I don't have any other problem whatsoever, wifi works fine, blooetooth too, calls and mobile data works as it should...
I only have problem with high battery consumption by some gremlin or i don't know what, there is no app or proces in my battery stats or in better battery stats that shows high battery consumption and there is no wakelock that have high bat. consumption... I can barely get hour and a half of SOT, and my battery goes to 15% in 8 hours or less...

I did a full wipe before flashing including SD card and i use SD as internal storage... My battery is 2 monts old...

I do not have xposed or different kernel, i do not overclock or under clock, i do not mess with voltages and i only restore standard google backup...

Any help is welcome.

Tnx.

tw1st3d

Duckfox

May 28, 2016
Great stable rom!
Could you please add harder security patterns, 4x4 5x5 etc.
Also an option to kill apps after pressing back key for a certain amount of time

bmk1337

Jan 29, 2012
Montréal
As far as i know,this isn´t fixable on the users end. For example,this bug haunts EVERY CM based rom since the GalaxyS3 (carried over to the S4 sadly) and no update changed that. AOSP based ROM´s were hit&miss regarding this issue but with Android 6.0,it seems to affect everyone regardless.

What did fix it is Synergies Kernel or rather,something he did with the Kernel but its for CM ROMs only and can´t help us here out-of-the-box but with luck Srisurya95 can do some magic for us,fingers crossed.
What do you think if I use another kernel like imperium 4.2 do you think that would help. Also I use my phone for business and I have to use square register app that didn't work also. But I have to tell everyone I am a rom flash maniac and this rom between tens of rom I have flashed is one of the best one I really liked it I wish I could use it for daily rom . I will be waiting for the day that everything is fixed. Thanks man

KetcherAZ

Dec 3, 2012
this rom is nice and i wont change to another mm rom but it hasa laggy statusbar/notification bar that is annoying. plus the random reboots (which is occur in every custom roms, not to mention tw rom).
i really hope the dev can figure it out. ty

Sent from my GT-I9515 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vngvsy.jpg

WELCOME TO CYANIDE M

ROM INFORMATION

Cyanide is a continuation of VRToxin project!

Cyanide M is the brainchild of XDA member @rogersb11. Based on CyanogenMod, and packed full of features from the wonderful customROM teams we have all come to know and love. This ROM is just getting started and I will update frequently as things progress along into the beast we know this will be.

I will hold no responsibility if you didn't flashed the ROM properly and are facing bugs due to your modifications to the system files.Want to help me with something? You're welcome for helping out with bugs and issues - - but make sure you have that logcat with you before posting in this thread.Post all your questions/requests/screenshots in the Q/A thread.I won't tolerate any OT posts in this development thread.

GOOGLE PLUS COMMUNITY - This is where you will find the latest changelogs and other info and discussion about Cyanide M ROM. Device specific changes I will always list right here in the thread. But general changelogs will always be posted in the G+ community.

DOWNLOADS

CYANIDE M ROM for Galaxy S4 jfltexx (i9505) - Get the latest build here
    CYANIDE M ROM for Galaxy S4 jfvelte (i9515) - Get the latest build here

Gapps - Minimal Gapps for 6.0x

DISCLAIMER
    You are choosing to install this ROM on your own merit. It is up to you to know the ins and outs, and know how to properly handle issues that may crop up. Neither Cyanide, your neighbor, or the Starbucks barista can be held liable for the following including, but not limited to: Exploding batteries, spontaneous combustion, soft brick, hard brick, one brick, two brick, red brick, blue brick.

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF CYANIDE

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache
    2) Flash ROM & Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

NOTE: ALSO NEEDS TO BE NOTED that yes, apparently Xposed for M is a thing now. BUT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART RIGHT HERE: Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should I ever see a bug report or complaint if you are using Xposed. It is well known that Xposed doesn't always play nicely. I hate being crass, but after dealing with so many repeat moronic questions, I felt like I should go ahead and state this now.

Thank you and enjoy!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanide, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    srisurya95, rogersb11
    Source Code: github.com/cyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-05-24
    Last Updated 2016-05-24
    Screenshots

70ac1f6f44e7f9a59120945a66ae4411.jpg

e000cbb6f49eec312aa02bf4c163a6a1.jpg

6eb5c2640be8426ef6bb64453dfd9af6.jpg

206dd7cf17b47f6b343dc67d6a164315.jpg

7c2a69e853b5b90762e7d24ba70ff5f8.jpg

4053ed1f52e163ca9bba68996f472208.jpg

1b2cadcb2c8f9fc9e3f568cdf5c89c9e.jpg

e161f1a92518ceb4629aee4c34df120a.jpg

65e1576a44deaaf95ffc7fe46b3aea76.jpg

1854e327df74c183b3f901be81213493.jpg

bacf88ab4b088a5d5b3d4f844696b7e9.jpg

2dc9b41e5028123011d82d37208d782b.jpg

01d7c368bddb307434361fa78f37afbe.jpg

Camera will fc because of nova launcher
    don't click the icon on home screen...open it from app drawer
    Cyanide is a feature packed ROM with features which you can't find in any other ROM
    Cyanide is the new and improved and fixed VRToxin
    Which kernel do you use to build it? And some screenshot?

I used my AOSP optimized kernel
    I'm not on my phone currently.....check VRToxin thread for screenshots/video
    I am not trying to make you angry but, Is Cyanide has a theme engine?, and is it better that RR rom.
    Please don't get angry by my question.

Lol man I'm not at all an angry person...that reply on RR thread was because I was having a really bad day..I'm sorry for that

There is no theme engine.....You can colour any part of the system from the ROM itself and also layers work (partially)
    it depends on how you define better...this ROM has more features than RR for sure and can say that its stable as I'm using it since 2 days