[ROM][6.0.1][DISCONTINUED] CyanogenMod 13.0 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3

Search This thread

emtepe35

Oct 4, 2016
Krakow
I think it's better to focus on development and debugging of a single ROM rather than looking for newer Android versions.
Lets have a stable and usable Cyanogenmod kitkat (which is miles better than A3's touchwiz experience) over unstable/unusable lollipop, marshmallow or even nougut.

KitKat is so old even Lollipop is old. We need a newest android for some years. And when it will new Android on horizon they can make newer OS.
Or no because A3 after some years will useless

droidqwerty

Jun 28, 2015
KitKat is so old even Lollipop is old. We need a newest android for some years. And when it will new Android on horizon they can make newer OS.
Or no because A3 after some years will useless

Stability is main priority over newer version. There's negligible differences in newer versions so it's not even necessary to update. I personally experienced no performance improvement when using CM for 4.1.2 all the way upto 5.0.1. Main reason for getting these custom ROMs is performance update from slow touchwiz, any of those custom ROMs would do even if not latest. Devote time on making the old ROM stable before jumping into new ROMs. Otherwise we end up with too many ROMs yet none are stable.

Last edited:

emtepe35

Oct 4, 2016
Krakow
Stability is main priority over newer version. There's negligible differences in newer versions so it's not even necessary to update. I personally experienced no performance improvement when using CM for 4.1.2 all the way upto 5.0.1. Main reason for getting these custom ROMs is performance update from slow touchwiz, any of those custom ROMs would do even if not latest. Devote time on making the old ROM stable before jumping into new ROMs. Otherwise we end up with too many ROMs yet none are stable.

But it's more fun when you are showing your friend the android 7.1.1 then the old dead CM11

Ryu--X

May 13, 2014
Paris

Security is main priority

Reactions: Jonny_Hood

droidqwerty

Jun 28, 2015
Safety is a part of stability. When stability is mentioned about a ROM, it means everything works without a problem (which includes security features).

droidqwerty

Jun 28, 2015
Get old flagships like s5 or nexus 5. New non flagships like A series cost too much, not nearly as powerful and don't get much development support. New galaxy s5 and nexus 5 cost around £270 in Amazon yet a lot powerful and better camera than similarly priced A3 and more expensive A5 or A7. Not to mention u get waterproof with s5.

Last edited:

@anonymous94

Aug 8, 2015
Get old flagships like s5 or nexus 5. New non flagships like A series cost too much, not nearly as powerful and don't get much development support. New galaxy s5 and nexus 5 cost around £270 in Amazon yet a lot powerful and better camera than similarly priced A3 and more expensive A5 or A7. Not to mention u get waterproof with s5.
Battery life on the nexus 5 is not good, go for grand prime W

droidqwerty

Jun 28, 2015
Htc one m7 is under £250 in amazon. Thats less than what A3 costed two years back. S4 is good too.
A3 is a good phone and looks nice. The camera is quite poor though. Not worth the money. So developers aren't interested. That means its hard to sell once u own it.

Last edited:

emtepe35

Oct 4, 2016
Krakow
Htc one m7 is under £250 in amazon. Thats less than what A3 costed two years back. S4 is good too.
A3 is a good phone and looks nice. The camera is quite poor though. Not worth the money. So developers aren't interested. That means its hard to sell once u own it.

HTC one m8 is great phone. Maybe little bit more expensive but way better. My friend has got one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    NOTE: PROJECT DISCONTINUED, THIS ROM WON'T BE UPDATED ANYMORE.

CyanogenMod 13.0 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU) (2015)​

Currently supported variants:
    For SM-A300F, SM-A300H & SM-A300M go here:

* SM-A300FU

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * The ROM is under developement and have some bugs.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. By flashing this ROM, you accept this disclaimer.
     */

What's not working:
    * Audio
    * Camera
    * Wi-Fi
    * RIL

2a0e1xv.jpg

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Galaxy A3 (2015)

NOTE: THIS ROM IS MADE FOR GALAXY A3, OBVIOUSLY IT WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OTHER DEVICE.

Uploading my files elsewhere is not appreciated, if you need to upload my files, just use the links provided here. Thanks.

• Download link to the latest build: (Developement and Updates provided by @mygalaxya)

For A300FU only →

Other useful links:
    • SuperSU 2.66 (for root) :

• Google Apps (choose arm and for Android 6.0):

• Camera Patch (if you have the "can't connect to camera" error message):

v3WMXKl.jpg

• Steps for a Clean Install:
    1) Put the .zip file in Internal or External Storage.
    2) Reboot in Recovery Mode (Using TWRP/CWM Recovery)
    3) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache and format /System
    4) Install the ROM.
    5) After first reboot, the device may hang on starting apps, so press Vol-, home button and power button and reboot to Recovery then flash this boot.img:
    6) Reboot again and Enjoy!
    Note: you need to flash the boot.img at every reboot. I didn't find why this issue happen yet.

Contributors:
    mygalaxya @vl_w
    @Jonny_Hood (Testing),

Credits:
    @TheWhisp for the A5 Device Tree. @vl_w for his ramdisk.

Sources:

Version Information:
    ROM Status: Preview
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Marshmallow bootloader and Modem.
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13.0

Created: 2016-03-01
    Last Updated: 2017-02-24
    Changelog
    ==============
    2016-11-01
    ==============
    * New A300FU release.
    Hi all!
    I uploaded a new build for A3F/H/M which fixes some minor bugs. For other major bugs like Camera distorsion, it will come on a next build.

The latest release is only for non-FU variants, but a new version for it will be released soon :D

I am working hard these days to make CM13 working fine on all variants. I decided to make two separate builds, one for non-FU variants and another only for A300FU (available soon)
    Hi all!
    I have some announcements to do:

- From now, I will not maintain CM13 builds for A300F/H/G/M anymore. Now it's @vl_w who will do that. This is better for developement as he has the device on his hands and can test directly. Also note that he will open a new thread probably tomorrow or in next days. :good:

Why do I not maintain builds for A300F/H/G/M anymore?
    Don't worry!
    I will now work only on A300FU but still on this thread.
    When the new thread by @vl_w will be created, I ask to all non-FU variants owners to post their questions etc... on this new thread. I will also add the link to this new thread on the first post when it is created.

I am now working only on A300FU, to concentrate my efforts on only one variant. Making separate builds is better in this case, because there's too much differences between F/H variants and FU (RAM, kernel blobs, etc...).
    Now we also have 6.0.1 kernel source which helps me a lot. I will make my first CM release for A300FU soon on this thread. :)

With all of that, everyone can enjoy CM on his variant :D

PS: Stay tuned, CM14 will also come soon! ;)
    Wifi and camera problem solved? :D
    No but it should be easy to fix since the ROM boots fine. For some reasons it doesn't recognize the sound card and that prevents the system to boot. I don't really know how to fix it. Even adding some symlinks didn't helped, I will try to figure this out tonight. :)