[ROM][6.0.1][K920][kingdom_row]CyanogenMod 13.0 for Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro ROW

Should i add third party OTA app to all my android builds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
Wifi signal strength

Serious question here guys, WHY ON EARTH IS THE WIFI SIGNAL STRENGTH SO WEAK ON THIS PARTICULAR DEVICE?!
It's practically driving me insane at this point. My Zenfone 2, OnePlus 2&3, iPad Air, Redmi note 3 - all have good signal strength when it comes to wifi. Even though I stand something like 5 feet away from my router (Tenda), the signal strength is 3/4 bars. WHY?! Can someone please explain why???

malaga82

Mar 6, 2007
i don't have particular issue with wifi, it's even the only one that uses 5ghz band.
besides from signal icon, that is not perfect, check the current rate and intensity signal quality.
keep in mind there could be wifi "incompatibilities" based on router wifi chipset, settings, wifi congestion etc...it's not so simple answer your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander_Gostev

lockhrt999

Nov 25, 2014
India
Serious question here guys, WHY ON EARTH IS THE WIFI SIGNAL STRENGTH SO WEAK ON THIS PARTICULAR DEVICE?!
It's practically driving me insane at this point. My Zenfone 2, OnePlus 2&3, iPad Air, Redmi note 3 - all have good signal strength when it comes to wifi. Even though I stand something like 5 feet away from my router (Tenda), the signal strength is 3/4 bars. WHY?! Can someone please explain why???

If you are talking about WiFi icon showing the less range then it's cosmetic. You can hold the phone next to router and it still won't show you full range. Don't be bothered about it. In usability the wifi range on this ROM is as good as OEM ROM. Only difference on this ROM is less frequent Wifi scanning so when you are in range, it will still take long time to connect to network.

As a device, this mobile has weaker wifi (can we say more optimized?) than the most mobiles out there. I have a moto E first gen and it gets wifi 20% farther from the router than this mobile no matter what ROM you are using.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saamyo

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
If you are talking about WiFi icon showing the less range then it's cosmetic. You can hold the phone next to router and it still won't show you full range. Don't be bothered about it. In usability the wifi range on this ROM is as good as OEM ROM. Only difference on this ROM is less frequent Wifi scanning so when you are in range, it will still take long time to connect to network.

As a device, this mobile has weaker wifi (can we say more optimized?) than the most mobiles out there. I have a moto E first gen and it gets wifi 20% farther from the router than this mobile no matter what ROM you are using.

Could not agree with you more. That's probably why the OEM ROM had a "Wifi booster" or something like that. Made the signal bar blue. Also, my issue isn't purely cosmetic. It disconnects much easier than other devices.

lockhrt999

Nov 25, 2014
India
Could not agree with you more. That's probably why the OEM ROM had a "Wifi booster" or something like that. Made the signal bar blue. Also, my issue isn't purely cosmetic. It disconnects much easier than other devices.

I can confirm that it disconnects easily and takes longer time to latch back onto. But on the plus side this ROM made me move my router to more efficient place. Now everyone in the home can enjoy good wifi range throughout. :D:D
If you don't mind you can try CM14.1 which has steady and predictable wifi like OEM.

Reactions: Saamyo

Saamyo

May 2, 2015
Kolkata
I can confirm that it disconnects easily and takes longer time to latch back onto. But on the plus side this ROM made me move my router to more efficient place. Now everyone in the home can enjoy good wifi range throughout. :D:D
If you don't mind you can try CM14.1 which has steady and predictable wifi like OEM.

OMGZ! I literally had the same thing done to my router TODAY because of my device!

malaga82

Mar 6, 2007
updated rom build with another way to whitelist xposed, this to improve security but having xposed enabled.
suggest to update ;)

remont5

Mar 3, 2013
Dąbrowa Górnicza
Do you have any ideas what might cause disappearance notification sounds?
I noticed that if that happens, I can not even choose the sound in settings, no sound is played!
WTF?
Paradoxically, there is no problem with ring tones.
The same on CM13, CM14 or CM14.1
Always I do full wipe - dalvik, cache, system and data, I have latest TWRP.
I lose my nerves already, I can not operate on the stock rom ...

Wysłane z mojego K920 przy użyciu Tapatalka

lockhrt999

Nov 25, 2014
India
Do you have any ideas what might cause disappearance notification sounds?
I noticed that if that happens, I can not even choose the sound in settings, no sound is played!
WTF?
Paradoxically, there is no problem with ring tones.
The same on CM13, CM14 or CM14.1
Always I do full wipe - dalvik, cache, system and data, I have latest TWRP.
I lose my nerves already, I can not operate on the stock rom ...

Wysłane z mojego K920 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Could be due to an app which is by mistake screwing up with your notification sounds.
Or maybe notification directory isn't properly accessible to android system. Browse to this directory with root turned on. Give it all possible permissions then reboot and see.
Ringtones directory is different from the notification/alarm sounds directory. If you don't know where it's located then Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello CM14 :)

Guys, great news!

I've fixed 16 Mpx HDR, added 1440p (both 16:9 and 4:3) video recording to Snap camera app, and real 5 Mpx picture resolution is now available (although it's 4:3) on the front camera.

It has turned out to be a one stupid little thing that was missing.

Expect new build from frantisheq soon.
    CM13 Apps Add-ons

If anyone is interested:

Lenovo Stock Compass (MD5:c88bbdad252c41dd2646869403501a01)

Motorola Camera (16MPx, 720p SLOMO, 4K Video) (MD5:5bee81551f8c91cb54c56e35a2a1adb6)
    If you want to have more sharper and detailed photos (but with some noise) then swith off "QC Denoise" in "Setting >Feature setting".

c.x
    rom updated, this daily contains July security patches.
    :)
    People, please, slow down and do not ask for modification, because the CM sources are as good as they can be without further implementation like a change notification bar, swapping file, OC, UC, etc.
    We have to be glad that we have at least "frantisheq" and his best work for us. So let him a little time for rest and enjoying a free and real life. :good:
    This is mine opinion , take it easy :p

c.x