[ROM][6.0.1][maguro,toro,toroplus] Android Open Source Project 27/02/16

werty100

Aug 31, 2011

I am not responsable of anything that happens to the device neither XDA
Hi i pressent my work for gnex for all it variants, the rom is divided into the main partitions of linux and they are different regarding updates , this decision is taken by me becouse of my little time to work in this kind of source proyects so all my advances regarding system , boot and recovery will be separally updated and compile , if you doesnt understand anything just keep on in the post for a while.

SYSTEM
It is based on aosp, and some optimiziation you can find in github all detaills.
Based also in DDK 1.9 and lastest OMAP4 AOSP commits

BOOT (KERNEL)
It is based on stock one and it is updated and change with github peoples commits
It is 3.0.11 + lastest OMAP4 AOSP commits

RECOVERY
It is based on TWRP , it update will be leased than system or kernel because if it works is less importants than other stuff.
Based on lastest TWRP 3.0
If you used TWRP 3.0 and isntalling gapps after 10min is not finnish reboot phone no problem
F2FS Data , Cache, system format can be done , only helpfull for DATA , but it you done it you will also wipe your SDCARD

How to install
For Recovery and BOOT update/install:
BOOT: fastboot flash boot NAME_OF_BOOT.img
RECOVERY: fastboot flash recovery NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img
For SYSTEM (ROM) Update/Install:
Go to TWRP, if it is first time flashing rom wipie factory reset DATA can be on F2FS or EXT4 your choice(I recommend F2FS)
Install: first ROM, second GAPPS(optional), third SU(optional)

DOWNLOAD
BOOT(Kernel):https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759889459
SYSTEM(OS/ROM):https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759881910
RECOVERY:http://www.mediafire.com/download/uizwqc9dwway4b9/twrp-3.0.0-tuna.img

CHANGELOG
BOOT:
27/02/2016:
812MBs RAM for user
11/02/2016:
New kernel based on Ziyan and OMAP4 AOSP + MY OLD COMMITS
756MB RAM
10/02/2016
Optimized GPU (-03 and disble some debug features)
Improve UI speed
GCC 6 support(not tested)
net: Performance fix for process_backlog
make clean kernel
08/02/2016
-03 optimizations
upstream google kernel 3.4
GGC 5 support (not working well)
Based on @zzpianoman kernel so all credits have to go for him
SYSTEM:
18/02/2016:
repo sync
RIL call issues work around
KSM tweaks and enabled
DEXOPT tweaks
SlimLauncher
OTA Support (Use OTAUpdater)
11/02/2016:
New soruce code based on lastest OMAP4 AOSP source
DDK 1.9

10/02/2016:
Corrupted build
09/02/2016:
BUG: need to add org.cyanogenmod.jar with filemanager from twrp adn chmod 755 for rom to boot (to by solve in next build)
Sync lastest compatible AOSP source
Add some optimizatiosn to ART. dexopts
Declare slow proccesor timeouts
RECOVERY:
08/02/2016:
TWRP 3.0.0
Fix not booting TWRP(init.recovery.rc add)

Credits
All people contribute to GNEX development on github , specially @zzpianoman and @Ziyan
Also the devs of i9000 for taking some ideas and commits: @sooti @Coldwindofnowhere and @humberos

Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Is it an AOSP base rom?
Next versions will have any feature?
DDK 1.8 I imagine....
Yes DDK 1.8 , yes is AOSP this is why it is call Android Open Source Project, umm feactures cm ones regarding display colour and kernel improvements that we need a lot of them for having a good android i am working on kernel most of time

Reactions: [email protected]

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
stucks on first install in recovery. fixing permissions lasts more than 5 minutres.

maguro

twrp 3

opengapps nano

Fixing permisisions related to open gapps no? IF yes you can take out battery no problem and boot normaly

Also rom is not booting or what? Have you add org.cyangenmod.hardware.jar and put it in system and chmod 755

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
In a few hours full update with simplify installation and kernel optimizations , you can find changelog in first post enjoy it

Sorry for not having it , system is not making build complitly i dont understand why, but kernel wokr so in a few minutes i post kernel at the moment
Download kernel linK:http://www.mediafire.com/download/3cyt5bap995580b/AOSPKernelv2.img
Next relase will by based on lastes OMAP4 Github group commits and before my won optimizations , so this makes update to DDK 1.9 and also bug in camera lines and some more free ram much more ram almost a 1024mbs (experimental) on gnex
Also it will befull AOSP i think no features to modify system like batery icon gamma colors at less not in a native way, use kernel audior for get the best of gnex

Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Lastest build working well no error flashing it just a zip and just it... also there is no line on recorded videos , reocrd works a litle buggy but just when oppening video camera and starting video recording then works well..
Only problem is that there is only 756MB of ram and was supposed to be much more ... it is more clean thsi rom and also a litle more old...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mloy7imb126y1ms/aosp_tuna-ota-eng.werty100.zip

Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Someone uses my rom?¿
I did not find any bug now i am swinching my sim to gnex to test it completly
I am messing up with new build to get more ram but i am getting crazy

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
@werty100 Thank you for your work.

I would like to fully try it, but each gApps pacakge gives me Play services force stop after boot. Could you please suggest, which package are you using, please?
Yes it happen to my also now after formaiting i dont know why it was working on previous build well play services
I am loose wiht it i dont know what gapps toput i will try anothers looking for them

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Yes it happen to my also now after formaiting i dont know why it was working on previous build well play services
I am loose wiht it i dont know what gapps toput i will try anothers looking for them
With this gapps : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3yqm5pw8x6b357p/open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151124.zip

Seem to work at lees for me install them go to applicatiosn and delete data from google paly and play serices enter into playstore and will get the same resault but only one time and then apps will download and work well

Last edited:

Davoss

Jun 18, 2011
Czech republic
With this gapps : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3yqm5pw8x6b357p/open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151124.zip

Seem to work at lees for me install them go to applicatiosn and delete data from google paly and play serices enter into playstore and will get the same resault but only one time and then apps will download and work well
Thanks! Seems to be OK now.

But, for some reason my home buttons is no longer woking and quick setting from notification panel is missing as well? Could it se gApps related?

Last edited:

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks! Seems to be OK now.

But, for some reason my home buttons is no longer woking and quick setting from notification panel is missing as well? Could it se gApps related?
For me works good the home botton , try to reboot ...
Also quick settings in notiffication panel you mean the gear that open menú?

If it this for me also works

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus mediante Tapatalk

rahimali

Jul 25, 2007
forum.xda-developers.com
While I'm not using this ROM currently (just flashed Ziyan's Unofficial CM13), what I understand so far is the way to flash Gapps on Android 6.x is you flash the ROM and then immediately thereafter flash Gapps (so they are already installed when the ROM boots up for the first time). As for which Gapps package to install, the opengapps pico package is recommended...

Last edited:
Reactions: werty100

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Gapps

For the one's who have problems with gapps.. I've read somewhere that you need a gapps package which comes with "Android System Webview" because somehow google services need that app to add your google account. Otherwise google play services just Fc's. This could be incorrect but at least it worked for me. So you could try the aroma version of opengapps and select the minimal amount of apps but with Webview. I hope this can help..

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo
Great ROM, smooth and stable.
I have installed OpenGapps PICO package because TWRP said NANO package is too large. After boot up, Google Play service repeated FC. So, I have tried general approarch ( delete Google account etc. ), and nothing changed. But I launched Google Keep, it told me that there are lack of permissions with Google Play services. I turned all of permissions ON, then FC stopped immediately. I hope this helps somebody in FC trouble.

In addition, SuperSU and Xposed and GravityBox works fine in my environment. Now I'm very happy with my Galaxy Nexus. Thank a lot, werty100.

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Great ROM, smooth and stable.
I have installed OpenGapps PICO package because TWRP said NANO package is too large. After boot up, Google Play service repeated FC. So, I have tried general approarch ( delete Google account etc. ), and nothing changed. But I launched Google Keep, it told me that there are lack of permissions with Google Play services. I turned all of permissions ON, then FC stopped immediately. I hope this helps somebody in FC trouble.

In addition, SuperSU and Xposed and GravityBox works fine in my environment. Now I'm very happy with my Galaxy Nexus. Thank a lot, werty100.
A lot of thanks to all giving intructions how to fix the only issue we have found..
Is very stable and fast a litle lago maybe sometimes when going back from app drawer to start screen...
And the battery can someone post screenshot or comment the resaults they have

I think this ROM is the resurretion of gnex, because i was having it in a box...
PD: I am not having at the moment any issue regarding calls having signal loss like in other marshallow roms
Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

ssakuma

Mar 8, 2010
Tokyo
For these 3 days, there is no trouble with this ROM.
Maybe DOZE works fine, battery drains as much as Factory Image's with my usage, 3G at Office, Wifi at home.
So, I don't have a reason to switch to other ROMs. :D

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
For these 3 days, there is no trouble with this ROM.
Maybe DOZE works fine, battery drains as much as Factory Image's with my usage, 3G at Office, Wifi at home.
So, I don't have a reason to switch to other ROMs. :D
Regarding the issue of signal loss a few seconds in other roms i have experience it now in a call but never before on other calls :confused:
Well rom is very very stabe and fast battery drainis as stock or less for my
I am with finals exam just 13 days to finnish my 2 nd term . After that i will try to make a global update with new commits and hopfully another launcher to fix AOSP ones lag some times and try to implement init.d tweaks for battery and perfomance.

Reactions: massima