[ROM] [6.0.1] [MARSHMALLOW] CyanogenMod 13 for Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Wolfteam20

Apr 30, 2011
Caracas
I flashed the latest snapshot (did a clean install) but for some reason data isn't working, I already checked my apns but nothing x.x. The 20160418 snapshot doesn't have this problem

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

pankajramnani

Dec 6, 2011
New Delhi
I flashed the latest snapshot (did a clean install) but for some reason data isn't working, I already checked my apns but nothing x.x. The 20160418 snapshot doesn't have this problem

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

I've been facing this same issue since the past 3 weeks now.. It's been terrible.. Have you tried flashing any other ROM? I don't think I can manage without data, and can't think of any other solution apart from this..

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9

I've been facing this same issue since the past 3 weeks now.. It's been terrible.. Have you tried flashing any other ROM? I don't think I can manage without data, and can't think of any other solution apart from this..

Sounds like you guys have the data reconnect bug. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68104869&postcount=1345
There's a couple ways to work around that issue.
Turn on airplane mode for 5 or 10 seconds, then data should work like normal. But if you reboot your phone, you have to toggle airplane mode again.
or
Go to settings - cellular network - preferred network type, and change it from 4g/lte to 3g. Data reconnects fine after a reboot if it's set to 3g.

Last edited:
Reactions: pankajramnani

pankajramnani

Dec 6, 2011
New Delhi
Sounds like you guys have the data reconnect bug. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68104869&postcount=1345
There's a couple ways to work around that issue.
Turn on airplane mode for 5 or 10 seconds, then data should work like normal. But if you reboot your phone, you have to toggle airplane mode again.
or
Go to settings - cellular network - preferred network type, and change it from 4g/lte to 3g. Data reconnects fine after a reboot if it's set to 3g.
Thanks for your reply. I tried doing this, but it doesn't work for me. Now that I'm thinking of it, do you think changing the battery can have something to do with it? I changed the battery and flashed the updated ROM on the same day. It's since then, that the data isn't working for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: razorloves

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9
Thanks for your reply. I tried doing this, but it doesn't work for me. Now that I'm thinking of it, do you think changing the battery can have something to do with it? I changed the battery and flashed the updated ROM on the same day. It's since then, that the data isn't working for me.

doubt the battery would have anything to do with it.
sounds more like an apn issue. double check that it is correct. go to apn settings and select "reset to default".
I would write down all the apn info you're currently using, then delete all the apns listed. Then add a new apn that matches what your cellular provider's says to use on their website.

you can also try flashing a different radio

Last edited:
Reactions: pankajramnani

pankajramnani

Dec 6, 2011
New Delhi
doubt the battery would have anything to do with it.
sounds more like an apn issue. double check that it is correct. go to apn settings and select "reset to default".
I would write down all the apn info you're currently using, then delete all the apns listed. Then add a new apn that matches what your cellular provider's says to use on their website.

you can also try flashing a different radio
How should I flash a different radio? Can you share a link?

mikskcas

Apr 3, 2011
I tried to dirty flash 20160820 snapshot over 20160816. Got a Google play services error message. Had to restore my backup. Did anyone manage it ?

Quick question : when I clean flashed the rom, then configured open Gapps to replace cm13 apps with the Google ones. When I do a dirty flash, should the cm13 ones reappear ? (Happened with 20160820 snapshot dirty flash but not 20160816 snapshot dirty flash.... I don't get it.... )

xandros9

Aug 29, 2011
I tried to dirty flash 20160820 snapshot over 20160816. Got a Google play services error message. Had to restore my backup. Did anyone manage it ?

Quick question : when I clean flashed the rom, then configured open Gapps to replace cm13 apps with the Google ones. When I do a dirty flash, should the cm13 ones reappear ? (Happened with 20160820 snapshot dirty flash but not 20160816 snapshot dirty flash.... I don't get it.... )

You don't dirty flash a snapshot over a recent nightly. Some things would be a downgrade, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks as if official CM13 nightlies have gone live! No hammerhead yet, but I'm sure the wait won't be long :)
    Tonight should be the night. And backup your 12.1 versions as we do not have *cough* stable releases, just in case.
    We had the same issue with LP... I know why they want to include the radio and bootloader but I still don't understand why CM is so late on this matter.
    This should be ok tomorrow.

Let me add a sentence or two: Nobody here adds bugs or inconveniences intentionally or just for fun. In this case, why would I flash a nightly when I'm building this stuff all the time to bug fix myself or test patches? I wasn't even able to reboot my CM-AOSP device because I debug an issue over days there. For a handful of users who complained about a weird CM issue. So things go unnoticed. A lot of them. Count the patches in gerrit, amazing stuff from everybody and a lot of it. So the neutral answer to "Why is CM so late on this matter?" is: Because I did not notice.

I am thankful for bug reports but seriously, I get pissed when users somehow suggest I am a lazy prick.
    Updated everything to google's october security update m4b30x. :good:
    It will be in the Oct 7 nightly.
    https://review.cyanogenmod.org/164725
    Let me know if there are any issues.
    cm-13.0-20151124-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip

There is an issue with cam recording, audio/video are out of sync on all QCOM-based CM devices. I have to check if we are ok on AOSP, until then enjoy the unofficial that is bit-for-bit the same rubbish as a jenkins build.
    And the cam will be fine with tomorrow's nightly as well.

I may even move hammerhead-AOSP to HW encryption that offers >90% of unencrypted speed. Somebody should already start working on TWRP ;)