[ROM][6.0.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

3pxlabs

Mar 4, 2016
I use 14.1 from BenLue and IMO its as stable as latest CM13.
Video camera and flash initiated from Lineage Updater fail when using TWRP (just boot into recovery and do it manually).

14.1 from side have a working cam and some other tweaks, but update isn't as frequently as the one from BenLue (daily)

How would you compare LoS to CM overall? I was considering switching too to an unofficial build instead of waiting for someone to show up as S4 maintainer and having official builds.
Is it worth going trough the wipe all or is it somewhat the same (LoS compared to CM13.1)?

Edit : typo

@Flouque As far as can tell, it is or is going to be pretty much the same thing - CM >> LOS. The major difference here is the version-bump to 14.x - Nougat. Also OTA updates do not work yet. I was very curious to try LOS and the 14, but actually there really is no hurry. As long as no major bugs and security holes come up, that is. One disadvantage of LOS: The name (Lineage... say what??) sucks IMHO and the boot-logo is really annoying (I loved the CM robot! :cyclops:)
@Mittaa Same here, was on BenLue's rom for a day but the camera not working (although there is a fix), battery drain and some undefinable strange atmo around the thing made me look for alternatives. I think I will stick with the Optimized from side/JDC, looking good. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...p/jdcteam-optimized-cyanogenmod-14-0-t3479888

Pomeon

Jan 10, 2015
I've a problem with writing pictures to my external sd card. Recently I noticed that pictures I took were not showing up in my gallery on my sd card (they were not saved).
When I select Storage Location > SD Card in the camera app, I get the message: Couldn't access SD card.
First I thought that maybe my external SD card got corrupted, but I replaced it with a new one and I still have the same problem. I also did a clean install, without success.

When I select Storage Location > Internal Storage, there is no problem with saving the pictures. It is also possible to move files from my internal storage to my sd card, so I have write access.

Am I missing something?

Update: Oh, I use my external sd card as "portable"

willvousden

Oct 21, 2010

Out of interest, why the snapshot?

Thanks :) I'm having some stability problems with the nightlies and was hoping the snapshot release might not have those problems.

Specifically, the camera stops working after being used a few times and requires a reboot. If I don't reboot, the device warms up and the battery drains very rapidly (presumably some code is stuck in a loop).

Last edited:

Mrkblo

Aug 11, 2009
Natal RN
Thanks :) I'm having some stability problems with the nightlies and was hoping the snapshot release might not have those problems.

Specifically, the camera stops working after being used a few times and requires a reboot. If I don't reboot, the device warms up and the battery drains very rapidly (presumably some code is stuck in a loop).

The latest snapshot probably has the same problem. This camera problem has been haunting CM13 for S3, S4 and Nexus 4 (at least, those are the devices were I've encountered it). The OPTCm13 is a good option, as long as you stick to aosp camera instead of Snap.

Pomeon

Jan 10, 2015

And when you look in the battery settings, it says your camera is still on/running.

forfriends

Oct 19, 2012
u​

The snapshot definitely has the same problem. The solution is to not use snap. An alternative is installing Google camera from open gapps (one way is using the aroma package) or another camera app like cameringo.

t_E

Nov 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've been using the latest CM13 snapshot for a while now and I'd like to keep my device up to date. Is there still a chance that the S4 will get official Lineage support or has that ship sailed? I'm kind of reluctant to flash an unofficial lineage build on my phone

Reactions: snarkov

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...-cyanogenmod-14-1-to-galaxy-s4-i9505-t3520456

That is a build that would be identical to an official if it were announced today. Updates daily with log. No modifications from source. As official as you're going to get, just no maintainer

Have been using LineageOS 14.1 builded by BenLue for 3 weeks now, and its good :good:
No problems - OTA working except missing support for direct flash using TWRP (just download and then manually boot into recovery and flash) ;)
(I actually dirty flashed from CM13 --> 14.1 (side version) --> BenLue version. But remember to make a backup and do it's on your own risk) :cowboy:

Last edited:

t_E

Nov 18, 2015
Have been using LineageOS 14.1 builded by BenLue for 3 weeks now, and its good :good:
No problems - OTA working except missing support for direct flash using TWRP (just download and then manually boot into recovery and flash) ;)
(I actually dirty flashed from CM13 --> 14.1 (side version) --> BenLue version. But remember to make a backup and do it's on your own risk) :cowboy:

Thanks everyone, I'll definitely check this out! :good:

Mittaa, could you elaborate on this (direct flash with TWRP) or is there a tutorial? I'm not sure I understand what direct flash is vs. manual

Mittaa

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks everyone, I'll definitely check this out! :good:

Mittaa, could you elaborate on this (direct flash with TWRP) or is there a tutorial? I'm not sure I understand what direct flash is vs. manual

Update after download using Lineage build in updater, want work (automatic).
So I boot into recovery (TWRP) and select latest firmware and then flash it (manual) ;)
There is tons of tutorials about TWRP out there ... as a start you could try this link .... and the one in my signature ...

Last edited:

t_E

Nov 18, 2015
Update after download using Lineage build in updater, want work (automatic).
So I boot into recovery (TWRP) and select latest firmware and then flash it (manual) ;)
There is tons of tutorials about TWRP out there ... as a start you could try this link .... and the one in my signature ...

I see what you mean, thanks a lot for clearing that up! :)

k2828

Aug 2, 2010
is it possible to add timestamps to the dialer? if someone calls me today i can see at which o clock i got the call. but for calls which i got yersterday or days before, i only get the date.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RXyKFYc.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki:http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Main_Page

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 13 builds for jfltexx (GT-I9505). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Installed SuperSU
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible recovery
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash CyanogenMod
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    • Reboot

Useful links
    Unofficial jfltexx changelog
    CyanogenMod Wiki jfltexx
    Jira issue tracker - don't report bugs for nightly builds!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
    Nightlies: http://get.cm/?device=jfltexx

Google Apps:
    OpenGApps (choose ARM, 6.0, nano)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CyanogenMod 13 for the Galaxy S4 I9505, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    AntaresOne
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-30
    Last Updated 2016-01-08

Let's go :)

QMTTMn6.png

Been a little busy with school this past week, but I finally had time to sit down and work on N today.
    Several hardware functions work fine, while some others (camera and RIL are broken).
    for the curious and the brave

cm 14 initial download link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9qb8cB5djMoQm9PR1NsVHZDWVU/view?usp=sharing

installation notes:
    i recommend doing a clean flash with android 7.0 opengapps. (hence, curious and the brave)
    as the database upgrade path from 6.0 -> 7.0 isn't established yet, many apps will crash if you do a dirty flash.

release notes:
    most hardware functions should work, but there may have been some things i missed out.
    i'll upload a new cm 14 thread when the source is actually cm-esque, not merely aosp + caf + some cm additions.
    that said, we are almost as caf as we can get atm, with several key repos being merged with those from caf.
    we only needed minimal hacks to bring this up to cm 14.

usage notes:
    don't panic when you see red borders flashing, it is expected since strict mode is enabled in this eng build.

now, time to get back to working on issues in cm 13. peace :]

Edit: I got CM file manager and Snap camera working. Several apps like Calendar and DeskClock are also now updated with CAF + CM patches from cm 13.0.
    Review

Thanks a lot to @shark jungle :)

All audio and Bluetooth ****ery will be fixed very soon. Final changes/fixes are being confirmed.

Big thanks to arco as he did 99.99% of the porting work for the new audio HAL for msm8960 devices, including our device.

Along with these changes, some fixes and stability improvements for the camera are incoming.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone