[ROM] [6.0.1] Official CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Build of CM 13 for the OnePlus 3 (all variants).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!

OnePlus warranty covers software modifications!

Installation Instructions
  1. You must unlock your bootloader via fastboot
  2. You must have a custom recovery installed
  3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=oneplus3 and download the latest CM13.0 nightly.
  4. Locate 6.0 Gapps via a quick Google search.
  5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM13.0 already.
  6. Reboot into recovery and install.

* Note:
Flash gapps after your flashed the rom! If you don't do so you have to do a full wipe in order to use google services.

Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod OnePlus 3, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
Grarak, dianlujitao
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, custom recovery

Version Information

Created 2016-06-15
Last Updated 2016-07-27

Spliffman1

Jul 12, 2015
@Grarak thanks for your work, both on CM13 for OP2, and now so quickly for the OP3. I've ordered my OP3, cant wait to get it to flash CM13 on it too. My OP2 is running beatifully with your CM13! All the best, thanks man

Reactions: Nilshalok

scabbie1980

Jul 26, 2014
Great work, I always wait on development before buying a phone. This phone is looking s lot better already....
Now can someone put up a YouTube video on how CM13 works on the OP3 so far...

Last edited:

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
This is so ... unbelievable that it is even available before I got the device in my hands. Great job @garak and thanks to OnePlus for giving us the sources so quick this time.

dml1851

May 28, 2013
Madrid
Seems OnePlus realized they were being dumb not releasing the sources (what a pain in the ass OPT development, in fact, I switched to 5X just for that reason).

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: rolarocka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Build of CM 13 for the OnePlus 3 (all variants).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!

OnePlus warranty covers software modifications!

Installation Instructions
    1. You must unlock your bootloader via fastboot
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed
    3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=oneplus3 and download the latest CM13.0 nightly.
    4. Locate 6.0 Gapps via a quick Google search.
    5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM13.0 already.
    6. Reboot into recovery and install.

* Note:
    Flash gapps after your flashed the rom! If you don't do so you have to do a full wipe in order to use google services.

Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod OnePlus 3, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    Grarak, dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, custom recovery

Version Information

Created 2016-06-15
    Last Updated 2016-07-27
    Guide to format your device in f2fs and fix the gallery/camera reboot issue

Your device is crashing, when opening the gallery? This is because CM uses the f2fs format and not ext4, which are your partitions formated in most likely. You can now either delete ro.sdcardfs.enabled=true from your build.prop and reboot (more a workaround than a real solution) or do following and enjoy f2fs:

Coming from CM or a CM-based rom:
    1. Boot TWRP.
    2. Backup -> choose data and confirm
    3. Copy your WHOLE internal storage to your pc. This is important, because the next step will WIPE IT! Double check if all files are there! your data backup is in the TWRP folder.
    4. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Data > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > F2FS
    6. Reboot > Recovery
    7. Your decryption key might not work in the first place, I needed to enter it twice and twrp came up
    8. Copy your backup internal storage back on your device
    9. Recovery > choose your data backup, you will be warned that the backup might not work because of the different file system, but it should work.

Now check if ro.sdcardfs.enabled=true is in your build.prop. It should be there by default, don't mind if you've nothing changed.

Optional: Flash CM from scratch
    10. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Dalvik, Cache, System
    11. Flash your zips again

If you come from a different rom:
    1. Backup you apps with Titanium
    2. Do steps 3-11 from above
    3. boot and restore your apps with Titanium

NOTE: File Transfer in CM does not work yet, but it will be fixed in todays nightly 0801! Should be released very soon.

Credits: Guide for Nexus 4
    http://obihoernchen.net/1032/convert-your-nexus-4-to-f2fs-without-loosing-data/

Benchmark with f2fs:
    How far has the camera quality come in cm13 so far? I read that in the latest build, it is about 95% as good as stock camera. Is this true? It's the only thing that kept me from using cm13 over oos.

I've been using the CM camera extensively over the past 10 days and I would say is no, it's quite a way from 95% yet.
    Before the 0804 nightly it was horrible quality. Since 0804 it is significantly improved - but only in certain scenarios.

• Outdoors in daylight, the CM camera is brilliant. I don't miss the Oxygen camera for a moment. This s the sweet spot.
    • Indoors in average daylight, especially if taking closeups (50-100cm), the quality is frequently very poor, and especially grainy. I've resorted to using other phones to take photos in this scenario.
    • Night-time, it's really poor. I don't even bother taking photos.

I have a couple of hundred photos and some of them defy the scenarios I described above and are good, but the majority follow those rules.

Then you have the video.
    • I have a video recorded indoors in poor light which has significantly better quality than a photo takes in the same environment (?!)
    • A second video outdoors in daylight with the camera and target both moving is all grainy again like the photos (Ambitious I know)
    • A third video outdoors in daylight where the camera is static and the environment has motion (Fast moving clouds) is great
    • A fourth video recording from inside a moving car approx 40 km/h is average quality but permanently jumpy/choppy every 2 seconds, a.k.a: unusable, BUT, it's possible for this video that I had battery mode "Efficiency" on at the time so that's another variable..

So after all that you have some great camera moments and some disappointing ones. For me the camera is the only part of CM that isn't there yet. I'm back cruising the forum today to see if there was any conversation about it since nightly 0804 I as I'm considering going back to Oxygen for a while. I knowingly took a gamble using CM for camera duty and I have some regrets about it :rolleyes: so I would suggest if you are going to be taking irreplaceable photos then you need to stick with Oxygen for a while yet, or make sure you have a backup camera/phone for those critical moments.

Other caveats;
    • It's possible you may have better mileage if you play around with force disabling HDR, that was a culprit for me in the pre-0804 builds, and seems to have a habit of auto-activating in close-ups.
    • I have been using picture quality 85% (Super fine) which is the CM camera default.
    • I'm still running the 0804 nightly as I haven't seen any camera related changes to android_device_oneplus_oneplus3 since that build (cm-13.0.1-20160804-NIGHTLY-oneplus3.zip).

Critique disclaimer - I think Grarak's efforts in getting CM on the OP3 are excellent, my comments above are meant to be constructive, not unappreciative.
    New build is up. Changelog in OP
    Today not will be nightly?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
    picsart_08-05-08.10.51.jpg