[ROM] [6.0.1] [OFFICIAL] HydrogenOS H2OS v2.5.1 [026] | +DEBLOATER +VoLTE

Do you want me to create a flashable zip that removes Chinese bloatware?

• Yes! Sure!

Votes: 153 98.1%
  • No need

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
J

jeepers007

Great rom – puts Oxygen to shame.

I’ve added Nova launcher and everything is pretty sweet.

Overall the user experience is nice – fast and smooth – it’s doesn’t have the hiccups of OPO’s other offering.

The finger print sensor is so fast and responsive! It’s comparable to Samsung and Apple’s offerings (it’s not bad on Oxygen, but H is perfect).

Battery life is stable (there’s still idle drain though) and the phone doesn’t seem to get hot. In general the drain seems to match usage – on Oxygen it always seems to be a mystery.

However, my restore of my SMS’s didn’t go to plan, in that for most contacts it only shows their number rather than their name. Also, for some reason the native messages app split conversations between sender and receiver. Installing hangouts resolved these issues though.

The only other problem is that widgets don’t stick between reboots – but I don’t know if this is because I removed the wrong system app?

If you want superior alternative to Oxygen with working sensors and a fully functioning camera this really is the only choice at the moment.
I had the issue with widgets and nova as well. Went back to Oxygen. Also, ROM seems to be missing smartlock. Not even showing in Nova activities as a workaround. Unless I missed it somewhere...
Same contact issues and Google account issues already reported.

Also, phone app seems to have a blacklist option, but I don't see a way to add to it. BTW, I Uninstaller all the Chinese bloat apps, so maybe that's why.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

dgershko

Nov 8, 2013
Only two issues with this rom
First, is there any way to get it to scale well with lower dpi settings? At 360 dpi the quick settings screen takes up about 70% of the space it should.....
And the second issue, is there a way to move the settings panel to its righteous position ? There seems to be an empty space when you pull down the notification drawer twice, but the settings panel is at the bottom .
Also the device doesn't show notifications in the status bar.

Parkside

Jul 10, 2012
London
I think the settings scrolling upwards is a defining feature, it's different but kind of intuitive because that's where a device's buttons are.
The ROM has really fierce notification control and doesn't show the apps individual icon in the status bar. Instead you get a circled number telling you that you have that many notifications. I actually prefer it as it stops the status bar getting cluttered.

Pr0metheus2

Aug 5, 2011
Slovakia
Fyi, managed to keep google sync settings, dirty flashed v1.2 over 1.1 v11 without google account removal, after flash google was broken as expected. Than reflashed micro gapps and accounts were there with sync as before v1.2. Wiped dalvik/cache after gapps flash. Basically went from 1.1 v11 to v1.2 and did not loose anything. We'll see about batery life on v1.2...
This direction does not work...

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Whats the update on the camera? It force closes everytime.

Have you uninstalled any system apps? This happened to me as well, so I re-flashed v12 again and camera worked back as expected.

Reactions: Jeisblack

Pr0metheus2

Aug 5, 2011
Slovakia
I recommend to uninstall all Chinese crap/bloatware applications via System app remover (ROOT):
Code:
Baidu IME for OnePlus
Browser 
Live Wallpaper Picker
Market
Market Feedback Agent
ONEPLUS Yellow-page
OneplusYPProvider
Onepluscard
Optional service to remove:
Code:
ANT HAL Service [I](Needed only for hearth-rate monitors)[/I]
Tested on MM. Restart phone after uninstall process.

Last edited:

iRefleX202

Sep 27, 2013
I'm thinking about flashing it again. Last time I flashed it the performance was bad. But I was using the stock kernel.

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Yash98

biglo

Jul 18, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Ok my first quick impressions, most of the Chinese bloatware can be uninstalled from the device without root. I notice that the fingerprint sensor actually is faster and more accurate on this rom after seeing so much people saying this. I even restored my older ROM to see if I was having a placebo effect but it actually is faster which gives me hope that the next OOS update will improve on this. Seems like everything works the way it should, the browser is a chinese browser so I didnt use it. The camera included in the OOS looks to be the same as in OOS but the shutter speed is much faster, I often get alot of blurred pictures on my OOS because of this slow shutter speed but its not present on HOS. One thing I did notice is that the camera bug that exist in OOS is also present where the auto rotate has to be enabled, if not when you try to take photos in landscape they will be sideways. I love the addition of call recording in the phone app, I wish there was a way that I could easily included this option into OOS, veryyyyy useful and works great! Nice and clear! HOS looks to include so good throttling as well because I didnt feel the device getting warm in hand when using at all thought i rarely get any warmth on my device after the last OOS update, but during the app restoring it was pretty surprising and fast. One thing I notice was that app installed from unknown sources always installed in the background so once you hit that install button it will notify you with a popup. The swipe up from the bottom of the device for quick settings to me is kinda no sensible for me being that the device has the capacitive buttons and home button down there so it got pretty cumbersome trying to swipe from down there. HOS always includeds the flip to mute feature, another really usefully feature for those who need to ignore calls at times lol. Battery like has yet to be determined, I dont like how those options are hidden away behind advance options but it is what it is. like stated in the OP contacts is jacked up googles works ok. So all and all its really not my cup of tea since I dont really like the Chinese way of seeing things with the nested settings menu, and quick settings from the bottom but its still a good OS. I think if the one bug was fixed and all of the Chinese extras where removed this would be a nice alternative but personally I would just like to steal the gallery, CALL RECORDING and the flip to mute option.

oriveradel

Sep 29, 2007
Great battery life. Smooth great interface. Cons: spend time removing all Chinese apps, missing Advance Reboot options

K

Kstarz

Woohoo two (2) threads for the exact same ROM! Just what we need! Thanks /s

Urbanrootz

Sep 17, 2010
High hopes!!!!

Waitin for. A DEV to take the best features from both roms and make one kick ass OP2 hybrid rom...:cool:

foomanjackel

Aug 19, 2013
CT
Great battery life. Smooth great interface. Cons: spend time removing all Chinese apps, missing Advance Reboot options

I have used "simple reboot" whenever I run across a Rom which does not include advance reboot options. Also I prefer to use "soft" buttons (icon) as opposed to having to press the power button.
Its available in the playstore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    J91QQANpO2GdKLKdCozbtaNcKDTzkiOs45zMf49f2FUYVtnBCX22PhcdTuOQL1ev1A=w256

phone.jpg

Downloads (Current v026):
    ROM: Link | Mirror
    Bloat Remover | SuperSU: Link
    GApps (ARM64 - 6.0 - nano) : Link

Prerequisites:
    • Already running a Marshmallow based ROM
    • Bootloader Unlocked and TWRP installed (help!)
    Instructions (follow completely!):
    • Download all files linked above and copy to internal storage
    • Boot into TWRP and go to Wipe then Swipe to factory reset
    • Flash ROM (OnePlus2Hydrogen_14_OTA_0XX_all_DXAXTEXXXX.zip)
    • Flash Debloater+SuperSU (removes included Chinese bloatware) (H2OS_MM_DBLOATR+SuperSU.zip)
    • Flash G-Apps and then everything else you requre (like Xposed)
    • Reboot into System, TWRP will ask to Disable stock recovery flash, swipe it!
    • Done!
    Screenshots:

cDLrAYx.png
    W7RACYg.png
    Pwz72fj.png
    jcxt16C.png
    xSDgxRE.png
    aEWRbmz.png
    MEedTBs.png
    Notes

OTA Updates
    Post #1043: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66237884&postcount=1043
    PS: If OTA Updates seem cumbersome to you, you can always flash the latest full zip in OP to update.

How to revert back to Lollipop:
    1. Flash this in TWRP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759880816
    2. Do a data wipe
    3. Restore nandroid or flash Lollipop ROMs
    FAQ

Q. I am currently running HydrogenOS and I received an update, what should I do?
    A. Check Post #1043 for further instructions. (If your update is not there then help me out with a link (see Post))

Q. I am running OxygenOS 3 / 3.0.1, do I need to follow a different guide?
    A. No, although since both ROMs share same bootloader so if you are running TWRP on OxygenOS 3, then you can skip to Step 4.

Q. Accessibility switch keeps getting disabled!
    A. Lock the app in recents by holding the top right part of an app card in recents

Q. I don't recieve notifications/LED!
    A. Enable priority notification, enable auto-start, lock the app in recents. If it still doesn't work, disable battery optimisations for that app.

Q. How to install ViPER Audio?
    A. See this.
    1st one.. Yeah.. :D
    Good.. I hope that you would keep updating the links for ota n full rom zip files..

definitely!
    H2OS Marshmallow OTAs

I will add Hydrogen OS Marshmallow OTAs here:
    How to install:
    1. Make sure you are already running Hydrogen version according to OTA (For example OTA 002->003 means you must be running H2OS v002 and must have its full zip)
    2. Boot to TWRP
    3. Flash HydrogenOS full zip (version: as indicated above)
    4. Flash corresponding OTA
    5. Flash Gapps/Debloater/Xposed
    PS: You can chain OTAs if you want, for example: if you have 002 Full zip and you want to upgrade to v004 just apply 002->003 then 003->004 OTA to get to v004 update!

How to capture OTA links and help to provide OTAs?
    1. Start downloading your OTA in H2OS
    2. Start adb logcat
    3. Pause the download by clicking % downloaded in Update app and then resume the download
    4. Check logcat, link will be there somewhere. Post it here!